Dr. Trevor's Blue Dream: Cagney and Lacey

Doctor Trevor

What strain is it? CB Dutch Treat
Indoor or outdoor? Indoor
Dimensions of grow space? 48” x 48” x 72”
Soil or Hydro? Soil
If soil, what is in your mix? Foxfarm Ocean Forest
If soil, What size pot? 1 pint (to be transpotted to one gallon Smart pots at a later date, and then to five gallon pots)
Is it aircooled? Yes
Temp of Room/cab? 75 degrees F
RH of Room/cab? not controlled
How often are you watering? Bi-weekly, as needed
Type and strength of nutes used? Foxfarm Big Bloom, Grow Big and Tiger Bloom, following FF schedule, Terpinator (as needed)

I tried to start three Blue Dream seeds, but only two germinated. Oh well...

Today, I placed the girls are in one pint disposable soup containers (a la Chinese takeout containers). The containers have holes in them and go into identical containers to catch the drainage.

I've sprayed them with a little water every few hours.

What strain is it? CB Dutch Treat
Indoor or outdoor? Indoor
Dimensions of grow space? 48” x 48” x 72”
Soil or Hydro? Soil
If soil, what is in your mix? Foxfarm Ocean Forest
If soil, What size pot? 1 pint (to be transpotted to one gallon Smart pots at a later date, and then to five gallon pots)
Is it aircooled? Yes
Temp of Room/cab? 75 degrees F
RH of Room/cab? not controlled
How often are you watering? Bi-weekly, as needed
Type and strength of nutes used? Foxfarm Big Bloom, Grow Big and Tiger Bloom, following FF schedule, Terpinator (as needed)

I tried to start three Blue Dream seeds, but only two germinated. Oh well...
Cool can't wait to see the set up and picz of the little ones... Sucks about the B.D's I had a few shit the bed a few months ago at week 1.... frustrating but the seed distributor replaced them with a different strain, he said I wasn't the first to complain about them so he decided scrap all the ones he had.

I'm in, especially if you can include a few cheezy one-liners from some 80's shows ;)

I never watched the show so I can't offer my usual one liners and nuggets of trivia. And I originally was planning on three BD plants, but one seed never germinated. And then there's the short-lived Cagney.

Today is the first feeding of Lacey. I mixed 1.5 teaspoons of Big Bloom in a quart of water and adjusted the pH to 6.23. She's about half an inch tall, not very remarkable.

I slowly gave Cagney a total of five tablespoons of solution before there was run off.

Lacey, I thought, had died after germination but, today, I saw that she had barely broken ground. She only has a little green on her; see photos.

L1-060822.jpg
L2-060822.jpg

Please disregard the plant's names in previous posts. I think I mixed them up at one point. The following will be their names/identities from now on.

Watering day! Lacey took five ounces of pH-adjusted water. Cagney (the runt) took six.

Cagney does not seem to want to grow; she has no interest in catching up to her sister. We'll see what happens, in a few days, after I feed her.
Cagney1-071122.jpg
Lacey1-071122.jpg

Today I upgraded the light in my grow tent to a Mars-Hydro TS3000. Hooray!

Today was also feeding day but only for Lacey. I mixed 2 teaspoons of Big Bloom in six cups of water and adjusted the pH to 6.21. I fed her four ounces before there was run off.

I did not feed Cagney. I noticed that her pot felt heavier than the others. Weighing all of them (including Thelma and Louise), I learned that Cagney's pot was the heaviest. By twelve grams. I can only assume that this extra weight is water and the reason why she isn't growing; her soil is too wet.

Let's see what happens this week.

Cagney1-061322.jpg

Lacey1-061322.jpg

Today is watering day! Both took about five ounces of pH-adjusted water before there was run-off.

I think letting Cagney go dry for a few days may have helped a little. She seems to have hit a slight growth spurt. I am curious about the texture on her leaves. Any opinions?
c&l1-061722.jpg
c1-061722.jpg

Fed Thelma and Louise, Cagney and Lacey today.
Mixed up a quart of nute solution consisting of:
.5 ts of Terpinator;
1.5 Big Bloom.

While Cagney's leaves are opening up, she does not seem to be growing in height. She's half as tall as her sisters.

Photos in a few days.

Today, I watered the girls, using pH adjusted water. I also added a little Sensi Cal Mag Xtra to it as the leaves were yellowing. Each of them took about five ounces before there was runoff.

I'm also thinking that the light (450w) could be too close to the plants. It's about fifteen inches above the soil.

I noticed what appears to be mossy run off in Cagney's drainage pot. There was also some mossy stuff along the pot near the soil's surface. Unfortunately, with the wet soil, you couldn't see it in the photos; I'll take pics of the soil when it dries.

Cagney is still a runt of a plant. I did start her a week after I started Lacey, so I can understand her being shorter. But by this much?

Feel free to discuss.
cagney1-062322.jpg
c&l062322.jpg

Fed the girls today. Mixed a solution of:
1.5 ts. Big Bloom;
.5 ts Grow Big;
a few drops of Sensi Cal Xtra,
in a quart of water and adjusted the pH.

Each of the girls drank about five ounces before there was run off.

While Cagney is still the short one, she's showing a lot of roots through the pot, more than any of her sisters.

Moss is growing plentiful in my plants (Thelma and Louise also has some). You could see it in the photo.
c l1-062522.jpg

Today, I transpotted Cagney and Lacey into one gallon cloth pots, filled with pre-moistened soil. I also gave each of them a trim.

While Cagney is still much shorter, she did have the densest root ball of the four plants. She's short but bushy.

Feeding day for the girls (all four). I prepared a gallon of nute solution consisting of:
3 tb Big Bloom;
2 ts Grow Big;
2 ts Terpinator;
.25 ts of Cal Mag;
2 tb of molasses.

All mixed together and pH-adjusted

Each received a quart of solution. When there was no run-off, I prepared a half gallon of pH-adjusted water and continued watering. Thelma, Cagney and Lacey (in their one gallon pots) took another cup of water before there was run-off. Louise took nearly three cups before there was run-off.

Nothing else to say here. Have a good evening everyone.

Back
Top Bottom