Dr. Trevor's Northern Lights: The Saga Of Betty & Wilma

Doctor Trevor

What strain is it? Dark Angel
Indoor or outdoor? Indoor
Dimensions of grow space? 48” x 24” x 60”
Soil or Hydro? Soil
If soil, what is in your mix? Foxfarm Ocean Forest
If soil, What size pot? 1 pint (to be transpotted to one gallon Smart pots at a later date, and then to five gallon pots)
Size of light? 1 x 1000W, a 600W for later on
Is it aircooled? Yes
Temp of Room/cab? 70 degrees F
RH of Room/cab? not controlled
How often are you watering? Weekly (roughly)
Type and strength of nutes used? Foxfarm Big Bloom, Grow Big and Tiger Bloom, following FF schedule, Terpinator.

The plan was to grow one Northern Lights (Wilma) plant and one Dark Angel plant (Betty)

Germination began on 5/23/21 at 8:00pm by placing both seeds in glasses of water. On 5/24 at 10:00am, I placed both seeds in wet paper towels.

On 5/27 at 10:00am, I planted Wilma in a sixteen ounce plastic container (predrilled) of moistened the FoxField Ocean Forest soil. Her tap root was nearly an inch long and had actually burrowed through the paper towel.

Betty has not shown any sign of life. No tap root and no sign of the outer shell even opening. I disposed of the DA seed and began germinating another feminized Northern Light seed 10:00am.
On 5/28, Betty v2.0 has been placed in a damp sheet of paper towel. On 5/30, I planted her after her tap root had grown half an inch

I've been spraying Wilma's pot several times a day with water. She broke ground on 5/29. I continued the regular spraying of water on her.

On 6/3, I mixed the following into a quart of water:
.25 tbs of Big Bloom
Wilma1-060321.jpg
25 tbs of Terpinator.
The pH of the solution was adjusted to 6.24.

Wilma received one cup of the solution. Runoff began after .75 cups.

I continue squirting water on Betty's soil. If she doesn't break ground by Saturday night, I will start germination of Betty v3.0.

Sometime on Friday, Betty broke ground. It will be a little while before they are the same size.

I have been watering Betty with squirts of water since I placed her in the soil. Today, however, I gave both plants one cup of pH-adjusted water. Run-off began after about 10 ounces. Wilma's roots are visible through the plastic pots.

Photos next week!

Tonight, I fed both girls. I mixed the following into a quart of water:
.25 tbs of Big Bloom
.25 tbs of Terpinator.

I fed each girl four ounces of nute solution. Both started runoff after about three ounces.

END TRANSMISSION

I watered Wilma and Betty tonight. I gave them each 6 ounces of water (pH: 6.25).

Betty does not have any roots through the side of the pint container. Wilma (the bigger of the two) is showing quite a bit. Her leaves are drooping a little; I'm thinking I'm overwatering them. I will water/feed them with less frequency for a bit and see what happens.
B&W1-061021.jpg
B&W2-061021.jpg

Today, I fed both girls. I mixed the following into a quart of water:
.25 tbs of Big Bloom
.25 tbs of Terpinator.

I fed each girl six ounces of nute solution. Both started runoff after about four ounces.

Betty has had a growth spurt in the last day or two. I was beginning to get worried something was wrong, but this wasn't the case. She still has some catching up to equal Wilma's size, but I'm sure it will eventually happen. Roots are visible through the translucent pots.

YABBA DABBA DOO!

B&W1-061321.jpg

B&W2-061321.jpg

I watered both girls tonight. Wilma, I think, was suffering from being underwater. I'll have to up the water. In the next two or three weeks, I'll be transpotting both of them into one gallon cloth pots.

A minor screw-up today. It doesn't hurt the plants... just my pride and confidence in myself.

My intention was to transpot Betty from her pint container to a one gallon cloth pot. Somehow, for some reason, I used a three gallon pot. And I didn't know my mistake until Betty was transpotted and I put her next to Wilma (in a one gallon cloth pot).

Anyway, it happened....

I made a gallon of nute solution, consisting of:
2 tb of Big Bloom;
2ts of Grow Big;
2ts Terpinator.

Both plants were fed until there was significant run-off.
W1-062121.jpg
B1-062121.jpg
B2-062121.jpg

Last night, I trimmed the top of Wilma. I later watered both plants with pH-adjusted water. Wilma took about six cups before there was runoff. Betty (in a larger pot) took nearly three quarts before there was run off.

Today, I gave Betty a haircut. Shortly after that, I fed both Betty and Wilma the following (dissolved in a gallon of water... pH-adjusted in the end):

6 ts x Big Bloom;
3 ts x Grow Big;
2 ts Terpinator.

Betty took about 2.5 quarts of solution before run-off. Wilma took about 4 quarts before run-off.

I expect to place both girls in five gallon pots before Independence Day.
B2-062721.jpg
B1-062721.jpg
W2-062721.jpg
W1-062721.jpg

Today, after making some gummies, I transpotted Betty into a five gallon pot (going from a three to a five is a PITA).

I made both Betty and Wilma a gallon of nute solution consisting of:
3 ts of Big Bloom;
3 ts of Grow Big;
2 ts of Terpinator.

The pH was adjusted to 6.2.

Tomorrow, I will start LST on each of them. Photos then!

Last night I flush Betty and Wilma's soil. I used fifteen gallons of water, mixed with Botanicare's Clearex.

Both plants look healthy. No signs of problems. I'm surprised that Betty already had two roots poking through her five gallon pot after being transpotted only five days ago.

W1-070821.jpg
W2-070821.jpg
B1-070821.jpg
B2-070821.jpg

Today was feeding day at the Doctor Trevor Home for Wayward Girls...

I mixed a gallon nute solution for each of the girls, consisting of:
1 tb of Big Bloom;
2 ts of Tiger Bloom;
2ts Terpinator.

Both Wilma and Betty received about 3.5 quarts of solution before significant runoff was observed.

A few leaves were trimmed from both plants. These leaves were lying on the soil, where very little light could reach them.

I watered B&W today, a day earlier than I would've liked. But I have a guests staying over tonight until next week. I wanted to get it out of the way before he arrived.

Betty and Wilma each took about three quarts of pH adjusted water before there was runoff.

I trimmed a few leaves from the bottom that weren't getting much light. I didn't lollipop.
W1-071521.jpg
W2-071521.jpg
B1-071521.jpg
B2-071521.jpg

Today I fed my girls...

I mixed a gallon nute solution for each of the girls, consisting of:
1 tb of Big Bloom;
2 ts of Tiger Bloom;
2 ts Grow Big;
2 ts Terpinator.

Both Wilma and Betty received about 3.5 quarts of solution before significant runoff was observed.

A few leaves were trimmed from both plants. These leaves were lying on the soil, where very little light could reach them.

Today I watered the girls. I prepared a gallon of pH adjusted water and let them have. In both cases, run-off didn't happen until I nearly gave them the whole gallon.

The pistols are very visible now and they are all over the place.

I'm now concerned that the tent won't be tall enough for them.
B1-072421.jpg
B2-072421.jpg
W1-072421.jpg

Back
Top Bottom