Dragon's Soil Grow Of AK47 & Pineapple Express Auto 2017

dragonsnowbal

Hi all! This is my second grow. With the first, I started out with some basic research and initial supplies, but mostly it was a learn as you go endeavor. So now I'm taking what I learned from that one by doing it (and making many mistakes along the way) as well as much research on websites and forums like this one, and putting it into practice with this seond grow. I have to say, it's been pretty smooth sailing so far. I was able to invest in a second grow tent so I could separate the vegetative and flowering plants (instead of just having them all in one like I did the first time), and my long-term goal for this is to keep the clones I've taken from the initial mother plant and keep AK47 perpetually growing, at least until I'm ready to plant a new strain or unless something changes. So here goes...

We started with 3 seeds: White Siberian, Kaia Kush, and AK47. Unfortunately the first 2 never sprouted so we were left with 1. After realizing my current stash might not last long enough to see this one through the entire flowering and curing process, I decided to speed things up a little bit by planting a Pineapple Express autoflower. As of right now, AK47 (at about 15" and just over 8 weeks old) has just been moved to the flowering tent and I have Pineapple (at about 12" and 5 1/2 weeks old) in the vegging tent with 4 of AK's clones.

Grow specs:

Medium: Jiffy peat pellets to start seedlings, and FoxFarm Ocean Forest organic soil planted in 5 gallon Vivoson fabric bags to finish the grow
Grow Tent Setup: (2) Oshion 32x32x63" tents with (2) Vipar Spectra 300W LED grow lights, (1) set on an 18/6 schedule and (1) on a 12/12 schedule
Environment: temperature between 70-79 degrees and humidity averaging 50-60%
Seeds: (1) AK47 - a Sativa, and (1) Pineapple Express Auto - an Indica
Nutes: General Hydroponics Flora collection, about every 2 weeks starting about 4 weeks into the grow

Planted the 3 seeds on 09/03 in Jiffy peat pellets inside a humidity dome in the veg tent, and AK started sprouting on 09/06. I planted her in her "forever home" fabric bag on 09/09.

20170909_044208.jpg

20170917_143439.jpg

Just a few weeks later, on 09/24:

20170924_215616_Burst01.jpg

Didn't have any Jiffy pellets so I ended up planting Pineapple in a seed starting mix (I think it was Miracle Gro or something I picked up at Home Depot), inside of a shot glass lined with a paper towel on 09/24. I was a little nervous about this, especially about mold gathering on the paper towel but I figured it would be easier later to transplant it that way and in the end, it all worked out. Might not have been ideal, but she started sprouting around 09/27 and everything has been all good since.

20170930_172241_HDR.jpg

AK and her new sister Pineapple on 10/06. You can see they were sharing the grow tent with some non-cannabis plants for a while, but they didn't seem to mind. ;) This was also when I took 4 clones from AK.

20171006_003513.jpg

AK after a trim with Pineapple on 10/11. I didn't prune as much in the beginning with the last grow, but I felt confident enough this time around it wouldn't stress the plants, so trimming the large fan leaves to let more light get through to the new growth that would turn into buds worked out nicely. And I dry the fan leaves for decoration. :smokin:

20171011_185001.jpg

The clones I took on 10/06 finally started sprouting around 10/18 and by 10/21, all 4 had started growing roots!! :cheer: This was the first time I've ever had 100% success rate with rooting clones. I used CloneX rooting gel and General Hydroponics Rapid Rooter Replacement Plugs to get them started. The grow tent on 10/26:

20171026_012326.jpg

A closeup of one of the clones shortly after being planted. It looks like powdery mildew or something on her, but I really think it's just the reflection from the camera, she's fine:

20171026_012345.jpg

AK47 one day after being moved to the flowering tent. I probably would have left her in veg a little longer, but supply is getting shorter and shorter and I wanted to make sure she'd be ready before we ran out.

20171031_165440.jpg

The vegetative grow tent as it is today:

20171031_165305.jpg

The one issue I'm struggling with is the mold on these fabric bags. I didn't have this problem with the first grow because I was using plastic pots. It hasn't been a huge issue, and I haven't noticed any negative impact on the plants, so I just try and be careful with how much I'm watering and clean up any excess. I clean the mold when it appears so overall I'm not too stressed. Will eventually invest in some saucers to catch the excess water, and a carbon filter and fan are on my wish list but these aren't in the budget right now. For ventilation, I make due with a dryer vent that's attached to the grow light and leads outside the tent, as well as leaving vents in the grow tent open and keeping the ceiling fan on.

So anyway, that's my grow so far. Any advice/feedback is much appreciated! :thanks:

Just wanted to post a couple of photos from today. AK47 has been in the flowering tent under 12/12 light about 2 weeks ago and her buds are starting to come along nicely :thumb:

20171116_174339.jpg

20171116_174349.jpg

Pineapple Express in bud mode :love:

20171112_134200_Burst01.jpg

Here is a pic of one of the 4 lovely AK-47 clones:

20171116_174438.jpg

That's all for now, it's smoke time! ;)

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

I'll go ahead and finish up this journal. It was a pretty straightforward grow so not much to report. Started harvesting Pineapple Express in small batches about a week ago and should be finishing up within the next couple of days. AK-47 still has another couple weeks before she's truly ready for harvest. We've been taking little samples because we're down to the last of our stash from the last grow, so I need to speed this process up lol!

Here is Pineapple at about her peak:

20171207_195726.jpg

AK-47 about a week ago, looking all festive:

20171207_195631.jpg

Pineapple's top that I just trimmed today:

20171218_153851.jpg

And after trimming. Not a particularly high yielder but what I've smoked so far is BOMB! :volcano-smiley::

20171218_162525.jpg

The flowering tent today. Moved 2 of AK-47's clones over to start flowering, after taking clones from those (the perpetual clones!):

20171218_153842.jpg

So all in all, a very successful grow! Went in with the idea of having perpetual clones, and it is working out perfectly. I've got new clones that have started sprouting that I took from the original clones and we'll just keep going from there! The goal is to have an endless supply and periodically introduce new strains. I call that winning! :high-five:

Thanks all for reading! :thanks:

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom