Drcannabi's BudMaster GOD - Organic Soil - Venom OG - Autopots

drcannabi

Hello Friends and Neighbors!

Welcome to my 6th journal. This one will be featuring the newest BudMaster GOD technology. This is a sponsored journal so please be mindful of that when commenting. We all usually are anyways but a friendly reminder never hurts. :Namaste: I encourage all questions and comments and I'm really looking forward to getting my lazy on in this journal. You'll see what I mean later. Please pull up a chair and grab your favorite snack and beverage. This is going to be fun!

Here are the specifics of the grow.

What strain is it? Venom OG from Rare Dankness - Poison OG x Rare Dankness #1 "RD#1 male is Ghost OG x Chem, BX'd to Ghost Og then a Male was used to X2 to the TK (Triangle Kush) cut"

Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages? Hybrid leaning to the Indica side

Is it in Veg or Flower stage? Flower

If in Veg... For how long? Veged for 6 Weeks

If in Flower stage... For how long? Approx 2 weeks

Indoor or outdoor? Indoor 5x5x7 tent

Soil or Hydro? Organic Soil

If soil... what is in your mix? Started in a high brix soil using peat moss, EWC, Perlite, KIS Organics Nutrient pack, Calcium Carbonate from lime stone, Soft Rock phosphate, Gypsum. Transplanted 6/12 to Sohum Bagged organic soil which is supposed to be a water only super soil.

If soil... What size pot? 7 gallon Autopot XL system

Size of light? BudMaster GOD 8 and GOD 1200. This will be an all GOD grow

Is it aircooled? No

Temp of Room/cab? 60 - 77

RH of Room/cab? 40 - 60

PH of media or res? Don't know

Any Pests ? No

How often are you watering? Watering is done automatically from the Autopot reservoir

Type and strength of ferts used? None, water only

Budmaster Reveal

I received the BudMaster GOD 8 in the mail 3 days from the shipping date. It arrived in perfect physical condition well packaged and protected. The thing I noticed right away was the heavy duty case and the look and feel of the craftsmanship. It is built like a tank.

I hung it and plugged it in shortly after receiving it and Lo and Behold only 1/2 the lights worked. I quickly shot Paul an email and within about 20 minutes we were able to determine there was a faulty crimp on the harness (the harness is a couple wires with connectors for the fans and light panels that are hung from the inside of the case and go around it. It terminates at the 2 switches). When I opened up the case (4 screws), I couldn't believe how simple this thing is put together. The modular design makes everything very simple for trouble shooting and replacing parts. You can literally take it apart with just a screw driver in about 2 minutes. Paul sent me a new harness and I replaced the old one in about 15 minutes total. I plugged it in and had full power. Hallelujah!

Paul is a very awesome owner and really cares about his clients. He's responsive and gets things resolved in a very professional and quick manor. A+ Customer service.

Here was the culprit lol!
20160429_184047.jpg
20160429_184039.jpg

The light has 2 switches that control 4 panels each. This allows for running at 1/2 power for new plants or on hot days. I use it in full power mode now that the plants have adjusted. These second generation GODs seem to be much easier on plants in transition than the first generation. I was able to go full power after 3 days for plants under the new GOD 8. The plants under the GOD 1200 took about 10-14 days before they could take full power. Here are some pics from the unboxing.

20160429_111019.jpg
20160429_111200.jpg
20160429_111220.jpg
20160429_111254.jpg
20160429_111500.jpg
20160429_112224.jpg

I'll be posting later on the Autopot system and the Venom plants!

:peace: & :love:

I'm pullin up my bean bag, my vape, my glass of wine and did I say my vape? :passitleft:

Good luck with the new lamp she sure is pretty, and good luck with this round of ladies.

That's pretty awesome on the customer service. :thumb: I've been drooling on my keyboard looking at those Budmaster lamps.

Keep it green there buddy and wishing you many many more beautiful bountiful harvests! :Namaste:

Your last round = home run. Doc you knocked it outta the park again! Congrats on the harvest.

Cheers

Sweet, I'm down. Nice looking lights. ~600 watt from wall? I'm sure it will work nice for you with all of those lights.

Cheers

Sent from my SPH-L720T using 420

Subbed! Looks like some awesome tech you have there. We are in the market for a high powered light currently and are looking at all options. :thumb:

Awesome nismo! Is that a Nissan reference? I've driven Nissan for 20 years. Infinity may be my next purchase :)

I'm glad to hear you are looking for some new lighting. Hopefully this journal will help you in your decision, one way or another. I've been using BM tech for a couple years now so I'm a little biased lol! Let me know if you have any Q's!

Hey doc.....Venom sounds killer potent. Ghost, Chem, Triangle....whew, no weak sisters in that combo. Light looks like a sturdy machine. How many watts from wall? Autopot system sounds kinda like hydro for soil...do you dump all the nutrients, teas, supplements into reservoir? Looking forward to another of your amazing grows! :circle-of-love::passitleft::Namaste:

The Venom is supposed to be the best nighttime meds on the planet. If you check it out on Leafly you'll be amazed. Everyone who's tried it LOVES it!

The light seriously exceeds all my expectations and like I wrote earlier, the plants under it are just thriving! I'll post some pics later.

From the wall it's listed as 368 watts. The 1200 is listed as 780 true watts. I'm running 1148 true watts of LED in my 5x5. I've never been one to have those gram per watt numbers, But I have some high hopes here brother!

The AutoPot system is super cool and SO easy to set up. I'm loving it already. If I can leave for a couple weeks at a time, That is worth its weight in gold for me. It's for soil or hydro. You can use super soil, clay balls, perlite etc. It is really cool! You'll see what I mean!

I'm pullin up my bean bag, my vape, my glass of wine and did I say my vape? :passitleft:

Good luck with the new lamp she sure is pretty, and good luck with this round of ladies.

That's pretty awesome on the customer service. :thumb: I've been drooling on my keyboard looking at those Budmaster lamps.

Keep it green there buddy and wishing you many many more beautiful bountiful harvests! :Namaste:

Your last round = home run. Doc you knocked it outta the park again! Congrats on the harvest.

Cheers

Thank you brother Bo! I can tell you this new BM tech is deserving of all your drooling lol! I'm still drooling over it lol! Paul is a straight shooter and an awesome guy. Their Customer Service was exceptional. I've never had plants respond so kindly going from CFL/T5 to LED ever. Wish I had three of these!

That Blueberry Headband is SO good! amazing really. thank you so much for the kind words. Please save me a bud of the Chemdawg! That plant was once in a lifetime!

Sweet, I'm down. Nice looking lights. ~600 watt from wall? I'm sure it will work nice for you with all of those lights.

Cheers

Hi MT! It is very nice indeed. It's built like a tank. The GOD 8 is 368w at the wall. The 1200 is 780w at the wall. I'm hoping for big yields of Narly buds lol! The Venom is supposed to be amazing. Not a bad review on the entire www. It's supposed to be a notoriously small yielder so anything over 2 zips a plant will be icing on the cake :)

You know I'm down brother. Lets grow sum ganja.
Or sums of ganja:rofl:

I'm on it Dusty. I've got cheesecake seedlings and the girls will go in this same setup. Hope I get two girls. Wait, I hope I get three girls lol! They're looking really healthy. Hoping for the sums of ganja lol!

Welcome Catnip! Glad to have you aboard. This is an awesome community. :welcome:! If you have a grow to share, please let me know. Are you a new grower or just new to 420? There are so many great growers and people willing to help here. It's awesome!

Feel free to ask any questions, Comments are always appreciated!

Here's the setup for the AutoPots. It was very easy to set up. The only tool I used was scissors for cutting the tubing. I set the whole thing up in 90 minutes including transplanting 6 seedlings from 2 gal fabric pots to the 7 gal AutoPot system.

It arrived in a single box and the packaging was exceptional. The whole system in one box. I checked the parts list and everything was there. I washed the pots in soap and water. There are some root disks that need to go Gold side down in the pots to keep the roots from going into the plant trays. Then I added 1.5 quarts of clay balls. I added 1.5 gallons of soil on the top of the clay balls and worked in a TBS of Mycos to the top 1/2 inch of soil. Then I Transplanted with straight Sohum and watered them in (per instructions). Now I wait for 10-14 days and enable the AP system. Here's some pics.

Gold Side goes down
20160611_170748.jpg

Gold side down
20160611_170759.jpg

1.5 liters of Clay balls
20160611_170810.jpg

I set them in place and cut the tubes at 24 inches
20160611_190457.jpg

Reservoir
20160611_191954.jpg

Sohum
20160611_200935.jpg

Two in pot
20160611_203227.jpg

First impression is A+, We'll see what it delivers. I'm hoping for the best!:love:

Hey DrCannabi!!! I'm definitely in for this grow!!! Love the GOD panels and so happy to see you are liking them too! Got a few joints rolled and my munchies and ready for the show!

I'm in DrC :wood::roorrip:

Alright Budley! Glad to have you on board my friend! PNW in the house!

Hey DrCannabi!!! I'm definitely in for this grow!!! Love the GOD panels and so happy to see you are liking them too! Got a few joints rolled and my munchies and ready for the show!

Glad you're here Icemud. The plants are really loving this new GOD. So far I'm very impressed. I'll have some plant pics here shortly. I sometimes forget this is an MMJ forum lol. I get caught up in all the tech and kind of forget about the plants hehehe!

Going back to get caught up but this is gonna be fun. :thumb:

Super glad you came for the ride MJ! I need to make it over to your yard soon. I've been buried lately but things will clear up soon enough!

My favorite touch on the new BudMaster is the Yield Ahead lazered into the side of the case. I can't explain how much the plants under this new light are responding. AMAZING!

20160614_195236.jpg
20160614_195223.jpg

Here are the healthiest ladies I've raised for a while. My HB soil was finally dialed in and I switched it up with Sohum bagged soil lol! I've no doubt the Sohum will get us to the end but I wish I would have used my own mix. The plants are over transplant shock and they're all thriving now. The plant in the middle is my final The White S1 clone.

The Venom OG is the stretchiest strain I've grown sans Kali Mist. The stink on them is incredible already and they just started budding. It has a rep for low yields and I can see why. These plants were all topped at the 4th node. I topped a couple of them twice, but most are just a single topping.

I started 12 seeds. All germinated. I killed 1, Gave 1 away, and had 3 males. Now I've got 7. 6 are in the Autopot system and one is still in it's 2 gal Geopot. It will get up potted to a 7 gal Geopot tonight. This will be a good comparison of hand watered vs Autopots.

20160611_234517.jpg
20160611_234451.jpg
20160614_194651.jpg
20160614_194710.jpg
20160614_194716.jpg
20160614_195011.jpg
20160614_195015.jpg
20160614_195018.jpg

20160614_194721.jpg
20160614_194740.jpg
20160614_194746.jpg
20160614_194716.jpg