Drcannabi's KIS Organics Recycled Soil - HSO Loast Coast OG - LED Grow

20160205_195132.jpg

That is perfect looking bud and it will only get better that is for sure.

Your points about LEDs are spot on. There are pros and cons to both but cost is still in the old school court in many ways.

My old HPS system was more expensive electricity wise as well. Not on lights w vs w but on all the other gear I ran to balance out the temps and humidity in a small tent. With LED I run a small 4'' booster and that's it. I couldn't keep moisture in that tent to save me.

But scale changes everything in engineering and your point about grows that are larger is very interesting. When I used to grow in a room without a tent, and full AC, I never even thought about temp or humidity. I just set it and forgot it.

Every grow is different but you seem to have it dialed in just perfect.

Ramble, Ramble, Ramble
Bob ;)

That SnC looks like what it's called!!! Haha!!! So beautiful! Reminds me of home in Canada where im from, we have wild strawberries and when they start to bloom the whole town smells like strawberries. I bet its gonna be some fire! Congratulations brother! :)

That's really cool Tard, makes me want to visit your home town. Strawberries are one of my favorite foods. I easy them every day usually flash frozen organic in my smoothies. When they're fresh in the spring I eat them with everything.

This SnC smells identical to strawberry pop tarts lol. O mean exactly but with the smell of weed mixed in lol. The high from the testers was top of the line. I smoked more SnC than any other strain. I found myself reaching for it all the time. Great sativa influence on this lady. The strawberry cough really comes through on the taste smell and high. She let's you down real easy and has lots of soft edges. One of my recent faves! :thumb:

beautiful bounty, drC..congratulations!! reps! :)

Thank you ziggs! 6.4 zips on this girl was not surprising, she shows her yield potential early in flower. With great smoke and yield, she'll be around for a long while! :thanks:

That's some beautiful color in the S n C doc.....rosy pinkish tinge to the light purple/lavender along w/ the deep red pistils & nice green shade. Crazy good gardening!:goodjob:

Thank you brother light! I think the white s1 pheno 2 and the SnC both benefited from cold nights. Around 55 at lights out. I don't think either one will have those colors when grown in the summer but who knows, might get a nice surprise. The extra 500 watts of LED didn't hurt either lol. Believe it or not I still have some light deficient spots in my tent. LED footprint is the biggest problem with the tech, regardless of price or manufacturer. I know this first hand lol

You'll be happy to hear she went completely yellow in the last week of flower. She looked picture perfect. I wish I would have taken a pic. Wish in one hand lol! :circle-of-love:

20160205_195132.jpg

That is perfect looking bud and it will only get better that is for sure.

Your points about LEDs are spot on. There are pros and cons to both but cost is still in the old school court in many ways.

My old HPS system was more expensive electricity wise as well. Not on lights w vs w but on all the other gear I ran to balance out the temps and humidity in a small tent. With LED I run a small 4'' booster and that's it. I couldn't keep moisture in that tent to save me.

But scale changes everything in engineering and your point about grows that are larger is very interesting. When I used to grow in a room without a tent, and full AC, I never even thought about temp or humidity. I just set it and forgot it.

Every grow is different but you seem to have it dialed in just perfect.

Ramble, Ramble, Ramble
Bob ;)

Lol, great ramble dr! My two commercial grower buds love my weed way more than their own, but they both use nearly identical 12x1000 watt HPS in coco setups.

Big Ol 30 gallon coco pots, 1 plant per light and 1 plant per pot. The plants are at least 5' at flip and they average over 2 lbs. A plant at finish! 24 lbs. 6 times a year lol.

LED tech is cost prohibitive in that type of grow. It would cost more for 1 room than most people make in a year lol.

I've seen a couple commercial grows using LED tech on you tube but I seriously doubt those growers bought those lights. Looks more like experiments to me lol.

I don't really care, since I've already dropped the coin, and the quality is unsurpassed in organic soil, I'm in for the long haul lol. No aspirations of commercial growing here. That is WAY to much work. :high-five::Namaste:

Well, I'm trying something new with The White S1 pheno 1. I let the pot completely dry out and I'm a little over half way through a 48 hour dark period. I'm hoping this will coax the maximum trichs out of her. I've read other journals that use this method and the growers swear by it. I chopped an OZ or so prior to starting, so well have some comparison samples. I'm really interested to find out if it's worth the effort. One thing for sure, there are no shortcuts to A++ organic medical marijuana :thumb:

This will look like it's gonna cure into perfectly smooth smoke. Yeah waiting is not bad sometimes :rollit:

This will look like it's gonna cure into perfectly smooth smoke. Yeah waiting is not bad sometimes :rollit:

I sure hope so Conradino! It should be some fantastic smoke. I've already talked to my patient who gets 1/4 of all the smoke I grow, he loves the SnC. His pallet is not very refined, but he told me, "that strawberry is good shit" lol :volcano-smiley:

Hey there Doc - Home run brother, good work my friend. :thumb:

You're hittin it out of the park! Yeah u right.

I'm totally with you with LED tech... I've ran HPS got better yields marginally but for indoor container growing the quality of LED grown weed is hard to beat. I get a TON of resin and terpenes along with the white goodness. There's more to it than just plain THC power. Get a strain going that is high in THC with LED lighting there's going to be more at the table when we sit down and take a puff or 3.

I have a few friends that are growing commercial in Cali .. when they come back to visit home, they always stop by to say high and love my goodies. They almost fell down laughing when they saw my LED set up first time. Now they laugh long time after a good smoke test.

Hey Doc - man of man you hit a home run or 3 there with all the ladies. I love the pics of a C-vault packed with buds. Proof is in the puddin right there. All the pretty plant pics are great but at the end of the day, a full container of Tripple A top shelf buds in storage is what its all about.

You've inspired me to run some HSO now.. I've got some HSO Chemdawg going - reps to you for the grow report and a big thank you for inspiration.

I'm pretty sure you found your calling in life my friend. A few green thumbs there on your end is GREAT to see result.

Hey there Doc - Home run brother, good work my friend. :thumb:

You're hittin it out of the park! Yeah u right.

I'm totally with you with LED tech... I've ran HPS got better yields marginally but for indoor container growing the quality of LED grown weed is hard to beat. I get a TON of resin and terpenes along with the white goodness. There's more to it than just plain THC power. Get a strain going that is high in THC with LED lighting there's going to be more at the table when we sit down and take a puff or 3.

I have a few friends that are growing commercial in Cali .. when they come back to visit home, they always stop by to say high and love my goodies. They almost fell down laughing when they saw my LED set up first time. Now they laugh long time after a good smoke test.

Hey Doc - man of man you hit a home run or 3 there with all the ladies. I love the pics of a C-vault packed with buds. Proof is in the puddin right there. All the pretty plant pics are great but at the end of the day, a full container of Tripple A top shelf buds in storage is what its all about.

You've inspired me to run some HSO now.. I've got some HSO Chemdawg going - reps to you for the grow report and a big thank you for inspiration.

I'm pretty sure you found your calling in life my friend. A few green thumbs there on your end is GREAT to see result.

Hi ya brother Bo! Thank you for the wonderful words my friend. I have to admit I wouldn't be where I am without other 420 members showing me the way. COorganics in particular was one of the first organic growers I started following here. Wish he wouldn't have left as he had a way of making organic growing seem accessible for new converts lol.

HSO seems to be the real deal based on one seed lol. They do have a lot of folks here that I respect that really like their beans so I think they're a safe bet.

I'm going to grow one more tent full, then I'll be taking down my tent. Because of the laws changing in WA state, I'll no longer be able to grow for others starting July 1st. I can grow all I need in my little 2x3 cabinet and my garage could use the space lol. I'm going to grow out my remaining WiFi beans in hopes of finding a keeper and then just grow 1 plant at a time. I'll use all my recycled soil for outdoor plants non mmj lol. :circle-of-love::love::circle-of-love:

Great number to boot, you killed it Doc. Congrats on your chop, very fine work :Namaste:

Thank you Carestaker! I'll never underestimate the power light again. Identical setup and health last time minus the extra lights and I barely got a pound. This time the only difference is the addition of light lol. :circle-of-love:

Yes sir dr!

1200 real watts of LED and I still have spots that are insufficient. I'm never going to be one of those 1 gram a watt guys. True organics are never about the yield. I'm kind of glad to take the tent down. It's never really been a labor that I love. I love growing don't get me wrong, but I'm not here to impress anyone. I'm really just trying to help a couple friends that have cancer. Now that the laws have tied my hands, I'm beyond disheartened. The whole reason I started this was to help others and now I can't even do that.

Sorry for the ramble brother. I haven't smoked in over a week lol. Sending love in your direction my friend! :circle-of-love:

I read on another journal this morning, that if you have a medical card and are registered you can grow 15 plants and have 16 ounces of usable product.

I read on another journal this morning, that if you have a medical card and are registered you can grow 15 plants and have 16 ounces of usable product.

Hi brother Blaze,

That's all changing July 1st. The new medical laws abolish Co-ops, drop plant count to 4 plants (total) and possession to 6 oz. It also requires that you sign up for the states mmj database. That equals door knocks and state police drop byes. I'm only growing 3 crops a year. I use 2-3 grams a day. Simple math shows I require 3+ oz. A month. If I have to go 4 months between crops, I'd need to be able to possess 12+ oz.just to take care of my own needs.

A regular citizen in Oregon can grow 4 plants and possess 8 oz. That's without any medical recommendation. Now that's the way to do it. They have larger possession amounts as regular citizens than we do signing up for on the big brother list.

I'm pretty bummed my friend. :Namaste:

Hi brother Blaze,

That's all changing July 1st. The new medical laws abolish Co-ops, drop plant count to 4 plants (total) and possession to 6 oz. It also requires that you sign up for the states mmj database. That equals door knocks and state police drop byes. I'm only growing 3 crops a year. I use 2-3 grams a day. Simple math shows I require 3+ oz. A month. If I have to go 4 months between crops, I'd need to be able to possess 12+ oz.just to take care of my own needs.

A regular citizen in Oregon can grow 4 plants and possess 8 oz. That's without any medical recommendation. Now that's the way to do it. They have larger possession amounts as regular citizens than we do signing up for on the big brother list.

I'm pretty bummed my friend. :Namaste:

I'm with ya on all of that. I'm on the BBL, but they don't push the list to the po-po. The 'law officers' here would need to ping the system to find that your active (paid) part of the MMJ system. I thought there would be firewalls & safegards in other states to comply with HIPPA and other privacy laws etc. That's horrid btw, I'm sorry to hear all that. Great use of resources I'm sure.

I'm with ya on all of that. I'm on the BBL, but they don't push the list to the po-po. The 'law officers' here would need to ping the system to find that your active (paid) part of the MMJ system. I thought there would be firewalls & safegards in other states to comply with HIPPA and other privacy laws etc. That's horrid btw, I'm sorry to hear all that. Great use of resources I'm sure.

Hi CareStaker,

I'm pretty bummed but this has been a while in the works. I've been preparing my patient(s) for it and I'm hoping that they will heed my warnings and stock pile all they can. My main patient has been giving his away for the last couple years because he, "can't smoke all that" lol. I've given him all the info he needs for long term storage but I'm afraid for him once I have to cut him off. He's one of those old dudes that really needs it. Parkinson's and prostate cancer. My other patient (my sister in law) has melanoma cancer and has had a dozen+ surgeries in that last three years to remove the cancer. I'll keep her in the smoke regardless of the laws. Family is the only thing I'd be willing to break the law for.

This whole nonsense has got to stop! What's the BBL?:circle-of-love:

I felt so bad for not snapping pics of the first three chopped ladies, I might have overdone it this time lol. Last night the last plant came down. This is The White S1 Pheno1. I wouldn't be surprised if it beats all others on final weight (although it did go a week longer than the others).

I did the whole let the medium dry out and 48 hours of dark at 55 degrees thing. The biggest thing I noticed was the buds went from very tight to very loose. I will have to do some dry trimming but I think the main thing it did was make the bag appeal phenomenal (yet to be seen). If it turns out the way I think it will, I'll probably do it again.

She really turned purple in the last week and the 48 hours in the cold and dark even enhanced the purple more. enough out of me, here's the chop pics. PS: I already harvested 1.5 ounces before this chop. I'm expecting no less than 6 zips.

The white S1 Pheno 1
20160207_212835.jpg
20160207_212907.jpg
20160207_212914.jpg
20160207_212922.jpg
20160207_212946.jpg
20160207_212952.jpg
20160207_212957.jpg
20160207_213005.jpg
20160207_213047.jpg
20160207_213129.jpg
20160207_213138.jpg
20160207_213909.jpg
20160207_215314.jpg
20160207_215704.jpg
20160207_215714.jpg
20160207_215719.jpg
20160207_215728.jpg
20160207_220147.jpg
20160207_220158.jpg
20160207_222240.jpg
20160207_222247.jpg
20160207_222713.jpg
20160207_222720.jpg
20160207_222727.jpg
20160207_231619.jpg
20160207_231626.jpg
20160207_231631.jpg
20160207_231637.jpg
20160207_231649.jpg
20160207_231653.jpg
20160207_235705.jpg
20160207_235712.jpg
20160207_235718.jpg
20160207_235725.jpg
20160207_235731.jpg

Love, Peace and Bacon grease! :circle-of-love::high-five:

Just another ho hum spectacular plant that you're known for doc. That pic 3rd from the bottom is my favorite...army green, gold & mahogany to go with the purple...WOW.

I know many swear by the late pre harvest 'torture", but logically it has never made sense to me. More trichomes means more photosynthesis, which requires light & water. Just my 2 cents, not arguing against it.:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom