Dreadednorth's First Grow Journal - 2015

dreadednorth

Hey everyone

I recently invested in a 3x3x7 grow tent. In the tent I have a 700w LED Mars hydro, 6" hurricane inline fan with carbon filter. I am currently waiting for my rainforest 66 and RO system to come in.

I have a t5 hydrofarm light for my purple haze seedling that I germinated last Sunday( using a moist paper towel in between two plates method) within 48 hours the tap root came out. She is currently growing in a "rapid rooter" Which is peat moss plugs. Thursday she pushed out of the plugs and today ( Sunday ) she is 2" tall. Lighting is running 18/6

image2889.jpeg

Hey everyone quick update day 5 above ground ( 8 days sense germination )

Leaves double in size today , everything is looking good . Got an email a parcel was ready for pick up , but alas CP is almost as bad as purolator. Too excited to play with my new toys I suppose.

But here are pics of my setup as well as top and side view of growth!
image2978.jpeg
image2967.jpeg
image2966.jpeg

image2987.jpeg

Took my inline out for a spin today. I'm a little picky and it's too noisy for my liking so I'm looking into getting a silencer. Found some nice DIY but I am wondering if anyone has options on good store( or reliable website) to buy one ? I heard home hardware might be a place to check

Day 9

I had a day off wensday and I went on a drive all day kinda thing so I might of over watered to compensate for all day neglect, that was a bad idea, but I only spoon fed the plant at this point so it wasn't over watered tons. Ha so anywase unfortunately there was a small growth of Algee ( green spot on the plug, and it's peat moss plug so it could be moss too I suppose) I believe but I removed the small problem let the plug dry out a little bit and started back of on watering. Today I noticed some yellow on the end of two tips of leaves so I'm assuming either because of my over watering incident or the light is too close , the little lady has grown lots and I haven't changed the distance of the light since she popped out. So changed height of light and and will be watching the over watering.

image3345.jpeg

Overwatering won't do that. Might be the lights. Could also be some nute burn. Not sure what nutes you are using. I will go check now. If it is something like fox farms, then it might be a little hot for the youngun.

Still looking good though. Nice one brother.

If it's not over watering then it must be the lights I haven't started with nutrients yet waiting until end of second week. As for nutrients I have General Organics brand. You must be right I googled light burn and it looked exact to what my plant was showing , so I all ready move the light further away I will just have to mindful of the distance in the future. And thanks for your opinion I appreciate it.

Made the same mistake and crisped a couple of mine. Looking good though!

Looks like someone did some homework before they jumped into the game. Very well done sir, very well done indeed.:thumb:
Though I am not quite sure how you were able to get those plants to grow upside down like that? :laughtwo:
One thing to remember with LEDs, they are like concentrated light since they only have the spectrums the plant wants, and you have a 700 watt over a baby.I am not familiar with that particular model but I know the one I have you can cut the power of the light down so your not bombarding your baby with so much light.
Looking forward to how this all progresses

Hey only fitting I should offer you a solution since I got a good chuckle from your gravity defying grow.
On the photos what you can do is before you upload them to the 420 site open them up on your computer in preview and you can fix the rotation through edit. Even allows you to crop them if you want. Hope that helps.

Welcome the more the merrier, Eh!

A quick update: the light burn continues to spread on already burnt leaves no damage to new leaves. In my opinion it's minimal, just not sure if damage done continues to show up after environment change. So I have moved my light further away about 15 inches away . Temp at canopy is 24 c( when light was still 12 inches away) and I am working on circulating air better, I have houses air conditioner running at room temp to blow some air around. Unfortunately fans and rainforest 66 won't be in until tommorow or the day after. Hoping the foot of snow on Sunday won't affect delivery date. Beginning to be anxious hopefully the little one will make a full recovery !

Thanks everyone for subbing in, I'll get some new pictures of the grow room when my new
image3585.jpeg
toys arrive , but till then ill provide a picture of what's causing my anxiety!

Quick update : day 17 above ground . Day 20 from germ

So there was a little miscommunication between me and my supplier, it was wensday he was getting the product and it will be this Tuesday I get my fans but sadly the rainforest 66 only can with half of the products and the rest of it is on back order. Very frustrating I suppose it's not my suppliers fault it's his suppliers fault but it just doesn't help me any !

So sence it was transplant day I obtained a small DWC 3 gallon bucket , air stone and air pump and transplant on Friday. Today the little plant is looking good , it was also nutes day so she got 1/4 of recommended amount with RO water. My plant has also got three set of leaves and I will be topping some time this coming week after she gets a chance to recover a bit. Another interesting thing happens this week found a rando seed in my bag so I'm going to see if i can germ and get another plant going.

So when I get word my rainforest 66 is coming I will clip clones and get them all set up in there. I am considering doing an experiment in my DWC using General Organics nutes if it doesn't turn out I'll switch to synthetics but so far so good. No foam or any other disastrous effects so far if it continues going well I may start a new thread to display my results. And just keep the clones and the rainforest on this thread.

image3828.jpeg
image3878.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom