Dream of a lifetime

tsirku

I am soooo excited to be involved in the cultivation process. Just accomplished a lifelong dream and began the process of setting up a grow tent. I purchased the 5x9x7 Gorrilla tent and The 12 bucket Grow Flo hydro system. I went with the Stealth Box 3 carbon filter and a Hyper 8' fan plus 4 circulation fans. I Have (2) Gavita 1000 W lights, which brings me to my question. Is the EL-1 controller a necessity with these lights?

:welcome: tsirku! Great to have you with us. I don't know about your light set up.. sorry. I would suggest starting a grow journal. A journal allows all of our experienced growers to find your grow and offer helpful advice. I can honestly say that without all the help I've gotten all of my plants would have been dead long ago... instead in another month or so I'll be smokin' them! :) And... just so you'll know.... this is the number 1 site on the web for all things cannabis! YAY! Good Luck. :peace:

I am soooo excited to be involved in the cultivation process. Just accomplished a lifelong dream and began the process of setting up a grow tent. I purchased the 5x9x7 Gorrilla tent and The 12 bucket Grow Flo hydro system. I went with the Stealth Box 3 carbon filter and a Hyper 8' fan plus 4 circulation fans. I Have (2) Gavita 1000 W lights, which brings me to my question. Is the EL-1 controller a necessity with these lights?

Tell us about your gavita lights. Were they worth the extra dollars? Double ended? I was checking out some plasma lights. Ouch. The price punched me in my sack.

Tell us about your gavita lights. Were they worth the extra dollars? Double ended? I was checking out some plasma lights. Ouch. The price punched me in my sack.

Hey! Hope all is well and the photosynthesis is abundant! Had a setback. Had to have a professional come in and install a new shower pan. Bunch of tile demo and replacement. He did a fantastic job and I am now able to set up my system. I just finished putting up blinds and cleaning the room. Setting up the tent in a few... :volcano-smiley: I feel like a kid at Christmas time! As far as the Gavitas go, I did a ton of research on these lights and I think I got one of the best. Un-boxed them and tested them last night and they are SWEET. I am concerned about my 9' ceiling though. They do run hot. One good thing that came from the delay.. I stumbled onto (2) 400 Watt Solar storm LEDs. If the Gavitas get too hot I will be able to replace one or both with the LEDs. That is plan G anyway. Was gonna go with the Stealth box 3 until I realized the cost of filter replacement. Just gonna go with the 8x24 phresh filter. And to answer the query concerning the 8" Hyper Fan... I could use it to power an airboat! I will post pictures as I progress. :Namaste:

Got them on sale at GROWERS HOUSE. They are the 600-1000W Adjustable e series DE with 220v or optional 120v cord purchase($18 each). $478.00 per light. I stumbled onto (2) 400w LED Solar storms for$600.00. Talk about a steal. $1000.00 lights! The LEDs are out of the world as far as cost goes. Got a PPM meter and CAP CO2-4e multi-meter in the deal. I found the manuals for both online. I think it is going to be a challenge to get the CAP monitor dialed in. Was thinking I could run my lights and fan off this unit. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Until next time.. Have a good one.

Back
Top Bottom