Dreamingtree’s 3rd Round Grow, Soil, Fox Farms Trio, Happy Frog Soil, Blue Dream & Black Indica, Mars Eco 98’s

Why would you want to flush? The plants look great. You are washing out the excess salts by going F-F-W so to me there's no need for a flush :)
I’ve gotten deficiencies during mid flower in my previous grows but I was inexperienced with nutrients so I fed way too much I think. I’m taking it a bit easier with the nutes this round, watching my plants a lot closer for particular things, and religiously watering at least every two nutrient feedings. I don’t think I’m going to flush after all, I just watered like 3 times in a row.
Hey @DreamingTrees7 ... things are looking great in your garden!

And if you go through @MrSauga 's journal ... he has tips and tricks for "no toes in the grows" :)

Have you met @MrSauga yet? Great outdoor grower and funny as ... :)

I see you have :)

ttyl amigo!
Yep, I’ve met @MrSauga hes been helping me out for a while now. Thanks
I got my clones to work only after I took longer cuttings, used a rooting gel, and then put them in the window to get real sunlight. It took them over two weeks to kick in.

The rooting gel is a hormone ... it stimulates root growth. Great White is a fungus that attaches to the roots and reaches out in chains into the soil to help bring nutrients to the roots in exchange for sugars. Using both helps for sure.
Sounds like I need some clone x and some patience and longer cuttings. Do you use a humidity dome?
I'm definitely an advocate for the proper flushing of soil now.

I water a 40 litre (10 gallon) pot with about 8 litres (2 gallons) of water ... but I do a proper flush with about 120 litres (30 gallons) of water ... that has significantly different effects on the soil.

I had extensive learning conversations with @Emilya and @InTheShed a few weeks ago that really helped me to hone my gardening skills.

You can read through the conversations in @Emilya 's journal ... and/or read a summary in my journal.

Just remember, clearing the soil by flushing away salts and debris allows your root system to better uptake nutrients.

The final flush in soil is very important!

ttyl
Did you do the big flush the last two weeks of flower? Is that the most Important ?

Here's a couple of links on pre-harvest flushing.

and...

It might help you out.

UPDATE
It is day 5 of 12/12 both plants are doing incredible there are no signs of deficiency or Burt leaf tips. So far so good.
I’m treating both plants as individuals so they won’t always get the same nutrients. For example I know that blue dream requires nitrogen during flower but black indica doesn’t but for now they are both on the same diet.

Temps are hitting 89 during the day and 73 at night

Humidity 50-65%

I’m being really light on the nutrients because basically it is better and the plant can absorb them better. I don’t remember where I read that

Black indica
164FB887-BC42-44C4-9620-7D99FADABBB4.jpeg
1B0BB23E-B1A5-44A5-876A-D2604E02700C.jpeg
E4D9E7BA-DBA5-41BD-AFCA-C065380043B5.jpeg
E077A1C1-9E13-4BEB-9025-56B0790CEDEB.jpeg

Update 8/20/2019
Bucket size- 5 gallon
Light- (1) mars eco 98 200 actual watts
Nutrients- feed feed water
Tomorrow will be
1 tsp grow, 1 tsp big bloom, 1 tsp tiger bloom

Day- 38 days old, day 6 of flower

The plants are bushing out and stretching, no signs of deficiency or burn.
Quadlining went pretty well despite snapping a couple of her branches. She recovered and will yield well. Both strains are producing huge healthy fan leaves, some with eleven blades but the blue dream has gigantic fan leaves and grows like a weed. Lol

So yea, it’s going well. Temperatures here are starting to get back down into the 90’s so it’s going to be much cooler in the tent and I’ll be able to put my other eco 98 back in the tent. Soon both plants will have their own mars hydro eco 98.

@SmokeSara i was looking at the glass piece on my mars eco 98’s and realized there were smudges all over it so I just took off the glass pieces in hopes that the light will be more intense. Will taking the glass clear cover off of my mars hydro eco 98 be brighter than with them on?

Hi Dreaming, took the glass of you can get around 10% more light output, not too much, but will help a little, but please make sure to clear the light now and then to protect the light and help with the lifespan of the light. :green_heart:

update

day 11 of flower

1 tsp grow big, 1 tsp big bloom, 1 tsp tiger bloom
feed, feed, water

I gave them 6 ml of cal mag just to make sure theyre good. Last grow I had mag deficiencies maybe due to over feeding. I'm feeding them less nutrients than i have in the past and so far so good. no leaf burn, yellowing, or burnt tips.
Less = More
black indica
IMG_0820.JPG

black indica
IMG_0821.JPG

black indica
IMG_0822.JPG
IMG_0823.JPG
IMG_0825.JPG
IMG_0826.JPG

blue dream
IMG_0827.JPG

blue dream big ol fan leaf
IMG_0828.JPG

IMG_0829.JPG
IMG_0831.JPG

Everything looks good! :thumb: And have you remove the glasses from the light yet? :surf:
Yep. I took the glass off of both of my eco 98’s. Hopefully they are more powerful.

No nute burn this time around and the buds are forming. I think this is gonna be the best I’ve done yet but we will see.
Thanks @SmokeSara for the info.
It doesn’t seem to affect the heat in my tent either. I thought without the glass the heat wouldn’t dissipate right. But it’s all good.
Pictures later

Thank you, this is the best I’ve done so far.
UPDATE -day 17 of flower

I’m feeding my plants according to the fox farms feeding schedule. I feed twice then water. The buds are starting to swell so they are starting to drink more. Soon they will need water every day.

Week 3 of flower feeding
1tsp grow big
1 tsp big bloom
2 tsp tiger bloom
I’ve given doses of cal mag here and there
1 tsp blackstrap molasses
Ph 6.5
1 gallon per plant.

No burnt tips or deficiencies so far.
If you guys see a problem that I don’t, please don’t be shy lol

Yes sir, I’ve got a notebook I track my progress and everything with. Thanks @MrSauga . I’m glad you’ve been watching my journal.
I got me a job to pay for my expensive weed growing hobby. It’s therapeutic. I’m trying to learn how to talk to my plants like the guy from disjointed. It’s hard to hold a conversation with them but they’re getting more talkative lol when I smoke they seem to talk more. ... interesting

This is my 4th ish grow so far and I’m losing track. I’m not counting anymore. I noticed that with these plants I have been feeding them lower doses of the fox farms nutrients and the runoff water is clear. I think that clear runoff means that the plants absorb most of the nutrients.
When I feed them it’s brown clear water but the runoff is really clean. Way cleaner than previous plants. Before I cut the doses my soil was extremely saturated with nutrients and runoff was cloudy, now it is barely brown. Much more brown than when I put it through the soil.

Interesting

UPDATE
These plants were born on July 13th
They are on day 19 week 3 of flower
BLACK INDICA
Today I gave this one plain water
Ph 7 because when I don’t use nutrients the ph in the water is all over the place so I leave it.
BLUE DREAM
I put 2 ml of grow big because I know this strain likes nitrogen to be available in the soil a little longer than other strains.
I left the ph alone on this one too because I put only a tiny amount of grow big.
CD2A1A53-CA4A-4387-80A5-68DA3478B370.jpeg
9E29EA10-B050-435E-8F36-8B0B2A478934.jpeg
0AFDCAA0-7D89-4FB1-A14E-3D002C183BE2.jpeg
6ABD09F0-F10E-43AB-AF81-1F7514F93567.jpeg
5B73D8B7-C99B-48E6-BEDD-AEEB6FF70A8C.jpeg
D139974C-B2C3-402A-8E16-7A64A112F99E.jpeg
B5CF54FD-1FB6-49EB-82CB-6DA3C49D306B.jpeg
0285AD98-1DC5-47C2-891A-4FB1BF5A6FBA.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom