Drenches: A Picture Tutorial For My Apprentice

The calender has removable dots with each day's drench. As you complete the day's chores remove the dot. :battingeyelashes:

Soil Drenches

You'll alternate between Energy with Tea and Transplant with Tea, with a TransWater drench in between.

* Regular drenches get 3.5-4 ml of the drench (Energy or Transplant) and 0.3-0.4 ml of Tea in 3/4 gallon of tap water.

* TransWater is 1ml of Transplant with 0.1 ml of Tea In 3/4 gallon of tap water.

Hempy drenches

Both plants get the same drench. Mix into 1/2 gallon of distilled water.

* 12 ml of Part A (pulled as 10 ml + 2 ml)
* 12 ml of Part B (pulled as 10 ml + 2 ml)
* 2 ml of Energy

Damn! Misspelled in the first paragraph. :rofl:

TransWater Drenches: soil plant

The soil plant gets drenches of either Energy or Transplant, as shown above, with a TransWater drench in between.

Energy - TransWater - Transplant - TransWater - Energy - TransWater - Transplant and so on.

A TransWater drench uses Transplant and Tea, but at 1/4 the measurement used for the regular dose, like sweet water. :battingeyelashes:

She's been doing well at every five days. Water is the same as above, 3/4 gallon of tap water. Use the marked bottle.

Just doing my job, M'am. The all-seeing eye.

And I know a great photo tutorial when I see one. Sharing the knowledge and spreading the love. That's what we like.

Mother always taught me to say "Thank you". Although I don't think she imagined I'd be saying it here.

:circle-of-love:

The all seeing eye... ;)

Sue - I’ll be revisiting this when I switch to HB. But just a comment/question.
This obviously wasn’t meant to be a stand alone tutorial on high-brix drenches. Would it make sense, or would it even be possible, to provide the background info to make it all fit together? Or maybe a few links to places that sum up the growing method?
The thread is basically only decipherable to someone who already knows what they’re doing with the kit. I know that various people have probably made tutorials on the subject already, I just don’t know where to find them and some of those threads are almost 1000 pages long now.

Great way to show a process that is for sure. I wonder more about the why more then the how. Hydro is different then soil but not that different. A person really only needs veg, and bloom nutrients. Special blends of nutrients for a stage that only last a week or so seem unneeded to me. Just because they try and sell you a product does not mean it is needed.
Way to many nutrient companies and blends out there. Nothing wrong with products improving over time. The thing is most companies continue selling their old products after they have improved them. In most cases creating competition and confusion within their own products.

The all seeing eye... ;)

Sue - I’ll be revisiting this when I switch to HB. But just a comment/question.
This obviously wasn’t meant to be a stand alone tutorial on high-brix drenches. Would it make sense, or would it even be possible, to provide the background info to make it all fit together? Or maybe a few links to places that sum up the growing method?
The thread is basically only decipherable to someone who already knows what they’re doing with the kit. I know that various people have probably made tutorials on the subject already, I just don’t know where to find them and some of those threads are almost 1000 pages long now.

I made this for my daughter to follow while I was on vacation. She only has one kit plant in her care and this was simply the visuals she follows as she does drenches for that plant and the hempies.

I’ve been thinking it’d be a good thing to do for the kit grows alone. DarkScotia and Doc did the side-by-side tutorial. I haven’t looked at it in a while so I can’t speak to how well it communicates what they were hoping for.

For you Weaselcracker I’ll make a more inclusive one that I’ll do my best to be concise in narration. :battingeyelashes: In the end it’ll be an open resource for those more visually inclined. The daughter already has suggestions on improving the model. I’ll likely redo this for hempy too.

Great way to show a process that is for sure. I wonder more about the why more then the how. Hydro is different then soil but not that different. A person really only needs veg, and bloom nutrients. Special blends of nutrients for a stage that only last a week or so seem unneeded to me. Just because they try and sell you a product does not mean it is needed.
Way to many nutrient companies and blends out there. Nothing wrong with products improving over time. The thing is most companies continue selling their old products after they have improved them. In most cases creating competition and confusion within their own products.

I agree. Cannabis is a “less is more” plant and it’s easy to get carried away. I think I’d rather play with refining stress measures to generate terpene responses before I start loading on extras.

I use RX Green Technologies. They’ve already figured all that out in the basic blend. Why fix what isn’t broken? This nutrient line is simplicity itself for the lazy gardener.

Always looking for ways to increase terpene levels. I have heard about adding natural sugars help for sweetness. I have yet to try any of these products. I mostly look for certain pheno's of each strain that seem to carry high terpene levels. The only way to really find out is how they smoke. I have had great smelling plants that did not equate to strong flavor. As with high THC pheno's, High terpene levels are found not made. Most breeders are using the more flavorful pheno's in breeding now that THC levels normally run high. Most strains run in the 18 to 22% THC which is plenty strong in most case's. Now they are finding better tasting and smelling pheno's to improve genetics.
The great thing about all the new strains of today is " Strong" is no longer good enough. They need to have flavor that last's now days to get noticed

Interestingly, it appears that high THC isn’t the way to get the best buzz. A balanced ratio, or one with a 2:1 or 3:1 CBD dominance gets the best reviews from those who don’t work well flying through the stratosphere.

Just getting into CBD genetics. I have my first CBD plant going now. While I feel marijuana helps my conditions in other ways. Good old high THC weed does a great job at keeping my mind off the nerve pain. The way I see it there will always be a place for a couple CBD plants. As with a couple Indicas used only for sleeping. Mostly my grows will consist of high THC hybrids and mostly sativas.
My next seed order is going to include some more CBD strains. CBD crew has a couple strains I want to get. I may not know much about CBD but the people involved in the CBD crew are well known accomplished breeders. I can't see those people working together and not getting a quality product.

Just getting into CBD genetics. I have my first CBD plant going now. While I feel marijuana helps my conditions in other ways. Good old high THC weed does a great job at keeping my mind off the nerve pain. The way I see it there will always be a place for a couple CBD plants. As with a couple Indicas used only for sleeping. Mostly my grows will consist of high THC hybrids and mostly sativas.
My next seed order is going to include some more CBD strains. CBD crew has a couple strains I want to get. I may not know much about CBD but the people involved in the CBD crew are well known accomplished breeders. I can't see those people working together and not getting a quality product.

They worked with Barney’s Farm to develop CBD Critical Cure, and I consider that one a gold-standard CBD plant.

CBD will work on clearing out the inflammation. I feel it’s of value to everyone. I look at it like a daily supplement.

That's interesting about the Daily supplement thing. I recently bought a bottle of CBD oil. I mixed it into the Nicotine vap oil I use. Not much nicotine in it anymore. Keeps me from smoke cigarettes anyway. After 2 days on the mix of oil it seems the CBD has really taken the edge off the nerve pain. Its still there but seems to not be nearly as intense.
Great to hear about the CBD Critical Cure. I will put it on my list. I am already a big fan of Critical. Just harvested Critical Mass. Barneys Farm is one of the breeders I regularly use. Any project between them and the CBD Crew aught to be right up my alley.

Back
Top Bottom