Dried Weight So Much Lower Than Harvest Weight

OlderStoner

Can some more of you seasoned growers tell me what I did wrong. I just went through 4 months of daily care of eight plants in a tent under 2 600w lights. The buds on all the plants were huge and bulky but only one of them had buds that were solid. All the others were light and fluffy. And when harvest time came I had literally no room left in the drying closet. But 1 week later of curing and the weight went from something to almost nothing. There is plenty of smokeable material and I've literally got jars of it. But to weigh out an ounce of it takes a gallon size baggie. I know genetics have lots to do with it, but these plants came from good seeds from previous grows.

What was temps of grow room
High temps will give you fluffy buds
:Namaste:

What kind of strain? All the same? I hear, or read sativa's are fluffy, and last year I had a few outside and they were. But that grow was all miracle grow so I don't put much weight on that grow.

Might be the strain, sorry to hear, but hopefully the smoke is good!

Can some more of you seasoned growers tell me what I did wrong. I just went through 4 months of daily care of eight plants in a tent under 2 600w lights. The buds on all the plants were huge and bulky but only one of them had buds that were solid. All the others were light and fluffy. And when harvest time came I had literally no room left in the drying closet. But 1 week later of curing and the weight went from something to almost nothing. There is plenty of smokeable material and I've literally got jars of it. But to weigh out an ounce of it takes a gallon size baggie. I know genetics have lots to do with it, but these plants came from good seeds from previous grows.

What type of lighting sis you use? My CFL grows were all find of fluffy. Since switching to LEDs they are much denser. Having the light closer can help the buds loose the fluffyness. :peace:

Sorry to get back so late. I was using 2 600 W HPS vented hoods. I kept the fan on all during the light period, the one which blew directly into the hoods. I also had a tall 16" portable oscillating fan which blew into the tent along with a small 10" oscillating fan on the ground blowing upwards. The temps in the tent got above 80° most of the time, but never above 85°-86°, which I know is on the hot side. Some of the smoke turned out okay but only about 1/8th of it. I've got huge jars filled with these fluffy buds, enough to last me (1-2 joints/day) for several years, yet most of it was not worth the effort of 120 days and all those supplies and high utility bills running those lights.

Your temps should never be over 75 in flower. That is 1 of the main reasons for fluffy buds. Old bulbs will also do it. Just because that light is bright doesn't mean it's still putting out good light. Are you using a inline fan connected into your hoods or just a fan blowing on the hoods. Are you exhausting your heat out your tent. Are you getting fresh air inside the tent. It's a reason you are getting them fluffy buds and those that I mention are some of the culprits. :allgood:

After my first harvest, I was shocked by how little it all weighed after drying and curing. It was the most pot I'd ever had to myself at one time, but it just seemed like it should weigh more than it did. I thought my scale was busted.:thedoubletake:

Back
Top Bottom