Driftme's Return To Hydro - Chem 4 OG - Hydro - Soil - LED - CO2

Re: Driftme's Return to Hydro - Chem 4 OG (hydro/soil/led/co2)

yea strange thing is that i left a half watering can out, and noticed it a couple days later. checked ph and it was 5.5

i dont remember if i mixed that one low to offset the rising ph though. so ill do the bucket test again. its been hectic around here, havent had much time to tend to them =[

theyre lookin good though, will go take some pics in a bit.

ok strange things are going on i can see why you ph goes up during the week as nutes are taken up
so all this talk of ph change made me c urious so i had to add to my res today so i checked ph i was actually shocked 4.4, 4.5
im doing bubbler have 2 going in bloom now they both went down into the 4's
i do weekly res changes and set them @5.8 usually just add during the week one plain ph one 1/4 nutes usuallly add a couple gallons a week to each res
so like i said i can understand why your ph goes up
so why is mine going down lol
but you know what through all this time seems like it didnt really hurt the plant so im gonna start checking and adjusting and see if theres a difference in growth from when i havent checked to checking and stabilizing

ok strange things are going on i can see why you ph goes up during the week as nutes are taken up

yea i kinda thought the same thing, although it shouldnt be from nute concentration changing, since I ph before adding nutes. (btw i check ph after and the rise does NOT occur right when i add nutes)

i figure it might just be something with the way the plant interacts with the water. no biggie, i can keep adjusting it. seems to be doing fine anyway. i got too tired last night to take pics, probably should do it tonight. i think im gonna add another lst line tonight =]

holy shit, i didn't post pictures? how high was i? :thedoubletake:

first sampling of wax... blue dream wax. i gotta say its pretty intense lol (again, dont understand how this picture shows up rotated fine on my computer but not on here, but whatever lol)
IMG_063712.JPG

ok so here are teh plants. no tiedowns right now on the hydro, but i think i'm going to do some serious positioning of branches this weekend.
IMG_063813.JPG
IMG_063917.JPG

there are like 7 or 8 solid branches on the hydro that i can position around the pot so each gets a fair share of light. gonna tie those down and then just let them grow straight up

ah it felt good to do some serious LST again. its been a couple grows since i really did any.

so a couple before pics and one after:

IMG_065114.JPG
IMG_065319.JPG
IMG_065520.JPG

spread out a lot of branches, twisted it a little, and tried to make sure every branch has its own patch of light. supported a couple and in general tried to make sure none were much higher than others

lol yea the chopsticks were used to prop up a couple of the lower branches and encourage them to grow more upward.

drilled pilot holes for the eyelets =]

oh yea and beer.

hopefully this round of training really gets her started bushing out more evenly

more training today =]

pretty pleased with the way the plant responded to the last one. the reservoir is also rising in ph a little slower since the last change. it was only at 6.1 today, before refilling with some 5.2 water. should probably balance out around 5.8 and tomorrow ill fill with some more 5.something and bring it down again.

bent some branches to fill areas i felt weren't being used efficiently and to start to cover the center area again. bare trunk is worthless, so im bending some branches back over for a canopy. still no real pairs of leaves.. just gonna keep vegging and training.

the airpot plants are looking great. i'm actually going to move one outside to replace the initial outside one that died... moving the bushiest one, the others i think will be fine for the tent, since the hydro is probably going to dominate the space.

before training (but showing positive results from the previous lst for sure.. oh and actually there was a little bit of training here lol.. bent a branch horizontal about 80*):
IMG_067316.JPG

after training:
IMG_067418.JPG
IMG_067613.JPG

IMG_067720.JPG
IMG_067823.JPG
IMG_067919.JPG

for some reason when i upload my pictures recently its not keeping the rotation.. too tired to think about why lol. anyway, this is the plant i'll be keeping outside from now on.
IMG_068020.JPG

decided to cut the bonds and let her stretch tonight. tomorrow will be a new round of tying. going to bend that main stem below the level of the others and try to promote a more even canopy. did a little test stretch tonight, and she's plenty limber.

IMG_06921.png
IMG_069118.JPG

looking good mate, in hydro i had to adjust my ph every 12 hours whilst in veg but soon as i flipped to flower ph stayed pretty much steady

good luck

thanks TM =] yea i had a bad stretch of about 4-5 days where i couldn't get the ph to stay below 6.5.. i was adjusting it when i could, but it would climb back up hours later. i started noticing some signs of it on the plant i think..

for the last couple days it's been climbing a lot slower and i've been able to keep it around 5.7-5.8.

anyway, did some serious training on her today. she was looking pretty bonzai and cool, but i tied her down to create an even canopy with as many of the branches as possible. i think it worked out pretty well. excited to see her fill out from it.

of course the airpots are just chugging along.. no maintenance needed!

oh... highly considering flipping to 12/12 today. its been a month in veg.. might wait a couple days to see how it responds to the LST. gonna have to smoke on it haha

IMG_06962.png

IMG_06982.png
IMG_07001.png
IMG_07012.png
IMG_0702.png

Lookin good! Looks like she's almost covering as much ground as the other 4 put together.:thumb:

more actually lol. hopefully she fills out nice from this round of LST and becomes a true beast. to be fair to the others, you should know that there was absolutely no training or topping/fimming done on those.

LST seems to have made this plant happy =]

damn.. i forgot to get a root shot before doing this LST... the tiedowns make it so i cant take the lid off. will get that shot next wednesday when i change the res. decided to go ahead and pull out the hour of light and start flowering.

IMG_0707.png

ok so last night i took that hour out and they're on 12/12 now.. today was their first day with an uninterrupted dark period! =] also did some defoliation on the soil plants.

IMG_0727.png
IMG_0729.png

the LST is working out well

IMG_0725.png

Back
Top Bottom