Driftme's Return To Hydro - Chem 4 OG - Hydro - Soil - LED - CO2

:thumb:
yea its easier to tell if you can see the whole plant without seeing whats under of course like the pots its in
hard to tell just off the tops maybe if I go back and lok at positioning like you said the pole gives one away lol

although now when I look at you pics they are both facing into the corner so you see a corner pipe in each pic lol

a couple pictures.. the rest didnt turn out.

IMG_001341.jpg
IMG_001441.jpg

hmm... learned something about hydro i think. i was noticing some problems on my plant.. spots on the leaves and overall weak feeling. couldn't figure it out. then the other night when the lights came on, i noticed it was barely holding itself up anymore. i didn't know how to fix it or where to even start... after much deliberation, i chopped it early. i was worried that it would just get completely ruined i guess. in natural light, it looked really sickly and awful.

i've been doing a lot of research since then, and i think my problem was res temp... i think even though i had airstones in teh water, it was too warm and the plant wasnt taking enough oxygen. the roots seemed really underdeveloped and were kinda brownish.

do plants need more oxygen when flowering? it seemed to be doing ok before.

ugh so being only two weeks early, hopefully its not a total loss. i have it all hanging to dry.

still going full steam ahead with the soil airpots though. and now they have more space to breathe, and more light per plant. they're looking good with 2 weeks to go =]

2013-07-13-22_39.png
2013-07-13-22.png

also, i'm getting started with my 2 week perpetual cycle. planning on picking up two clones every two weeks for now. bought the first two yesterday... Afgoo (Maui Haze x Afghan #1). looking forward to it! pictures of them once i set up their proper space

drift if the temps too high the airstones wont help
heat is the enemy in the res for oxygen
as someone explained in another journal when you get too much heat it don't matter the amount of airstones or air you got going in it wont absorb? ah shit I forgot how he explained it but after a certain temp its like useless
I say 75 or below you be ok
most people like to keep it under 70

yea i really dont think they got over 70 ever. close though, and the symptoms seemed to be in line with not enough oxygen, as well as some ph issues but i knew that from day one lol.

probably going to take a break from hydro. it doesn't fit nicely into my perpetual plans.

ordering some stuff today.. high brix stuff =]

the soil plants are still looking excellent. a little less than 2 weeks from harvest according to what i read about Chem 4 OG.. but still many many clear trichomes. Will see what happens.

The lights went off this morning before I could get in to take pics, but later tonight I'll throw up some bud shots as well as trichome shots

pictures! i was too lazy to do any color correction. got a trichome shot, looked at a few different areas, and i'm not sure if i actually saw any clear ones. milky =] gettin there. supposedly about a week from harvest, but i'll gauge it by the plants themselves, not the genetics.

2013-07-18-23_18_31.jpg
2013-07-18-23_18_16.jpg
2013-07-18-23_17_48.jpg
2013-07-18-23_17_42.jpg
2013-07-18-23_18_22.jpg
2013-07-18-23.jpg

Should get some bud pics on here.... I chopped one plant on thursday and hung it. Trimmed the leaves off today and put them in jars. Pretty fluffy stuff, so its ready for jars quick. Chopped down the other 3 plants today after having them in darkness for the last 2 days. They're hanging now.

New journal is started for my next clones.. Got some Amnesia and Tahoe Thunder going right now.
Driftme's Perpetual Airpot/LED Grow

Will update this one with a few more pics, smoke report, and final weight before I ask the mods to mark it as completed, but the bulk of my updates will be on the new journal now.

Thanks for following along guys! Probably won't have the yield I was hoping for, but I know that probably won't happen til I get some more light. Learned some new stuff though, so I count it as a success.

Here are some pics from yesterday(?) of the 3 best plants hanging. These were all the plants chopped on saturday. They're missing some of the lower branches that were mostly worthless puffs and leaves, or very small buds that I dried on screens. Will let these hang for another couple days (4-5 days total probably) and then trim and dry one day on the screens before putting in jars.

2013-07-27_21_59_38.jpg
2013-07-27_22_00_20.jpg
2013-07-27_22_00_27.jpg
2013-07-27_22_00_36.jpg

So, still pretty fluffy. I'm certain my limiting factor right now is light. As soon as the budget allows, I'll be placing an order for one of THESE led lights. Will move my two ufo lights to veg and use that for flower.

Anyway, will report weight in a few days when i trim the rest, and then one last post once its had time to cure. Smoked a bit of the earlier trimmed stuff and it was pretty good. Excited to taste a good cure.

Trimmed and in jars. Minus what I've smoked (had to have a few early tastes, I'm impatient lol) the dry weight is 26g. That's not counting the hydro. Since that was such an early harvest, I just made bho out of it. Worked out well.

I'm currently super high. Great body buzz, numbed lower back and wrist pain, heavy eyelids but not tired.. Great feeling high. Can't wait to give the rest a proper cure.

Back
Top Bottom