Drink More Water When You Smoke Cannabis

Cannabis consumer is already dehydrated prior to using cannabis than it is that cannabis is the cause of their dehydration. The link between cannabis and dehydration stems from three main ideas: that cottonmouth is a sign of dehydration, cannabis is evil incarnate, and cannabis is responsible for a rare vomiting disease.

The symptoms of cottonmouth can be alleviated by drinking lots of water, avoiding sugary, caffeinated, and/or alcoholic beverages, or just taking a break from cannabis.

Finally, know that statistically speaking, you are probably dehydrated, and the reason for that is likely as simple as you not enjoying water enough to drink enough of it in a day.

I'm embarrassed to say when I last drank a glass of water... great thread!

Me too! the other night i suddenly felt strong thirst. so i downed a few glasses of water until my belly was full. then i thought to myself that i couldn't actually remember the last time i had water. it could have been a month. I drink a lot of coffee in the day then at night i drink black tea ( orange or earl ) then usually 1 or 2 herbal tea like peppermint or chamomile.

Been drinking a little more since that night. Been riddled with anger and frustration lately and i've been wondering why because it's not in my nature. I think i found my cause..

If you struggle with drinking water because its too boring try sparkling water it worked for me now i drink 1,5L every day and i feel so much better.

Thank You 420, I didn't know drinking 8 glasses of water a day was so
critical. I drink at most 5 glasses a day excluding a cup of tea. But your
right, sometimes I feel fatiqed, especially when its hot outside. My buddy
Pinch always greets me with a bottle of water, & I think he has a case in
the car. Good Point:smokin3:
:cool::)

85% of all Americans are chronically dehydrated. In 47% of Americans (especially the elderly) the thirst mechanism is so weak it is often mistaken for hunger. Even MILD hydration will slow down one's metabolism as much as 40%. One glass of water shuts down hunger pangs for almost 100% of dieters. Lack of water is the #1 trigger of daytime fatigue.

Lack of water is the #1 cause of constipation. Lack of water is the # 1 cause false signs of dementia or memory loss. Dehydration mimics heart attack symptoms. Water clears the complexion and removes impurities from the body. Water aids in & improves digestion. 8-10 glasses of water a day could significantly ease back and joint pain for 80% of sufferers & lubricates joints

A mere 2% drop in body water can trigger fuzzy short term memory, confusion, trouble with basic math and difficulty focusing on computer screen or printed page. Drinking 5 glasses of water daily, decreases the risk of colon cancer by 45% plus it can slash the risk of breast cancer by 79%, and one is 50% less likely to develop bladder cancer.

If You Wait Until You're Thirsty, to drink, You're Already Dehydrated. Water regulates your body's temperature. Elderly people often feel chilled in the heat because they do not drink enough water. You cant depend on thirst as a signal to drink. Having a dry mouth is a later sign of dehydration. Only as dehydration progresses do you notice that you're thirsty. In addition, the thirst sensation also diminishes with age so you may not know you are thirsty.

Becoming dehydrated can be serious enough to cause a stroke!

"Most of us do not drink enough water, and as a result, our blood becomes more viscous, increasing the likelihood that a clot will suddenly form at the site of a plaque formation."
- American Medical Association

How do you know you are dehydrated? Symptoms include :

Dizziness
Headache
Dark urine (may have a strong odor)
Inability to urinate
Dry mouth and nose
Weakness
Chills
Fatigue
Nausea and vomiting
Dry mouth and tongue

Dehydration Symptoms in the Elderly:

Dehydration symptoms in the elderly can be different than in young adults. Medications that the elderly take are much more likely to lead to dehydration in that population. One particular symptom of dehydration more pronounced in the elderly is poor skin elasticity. When the skin is pinched, it holds its form rather than returning to its normal shape.

How much water have you had today?

581430_407283832638673_100000711793618_1308790_2055215183_n.jpg

Heart attack survivor here. Dehydration is a big worry because it causes muscle tightness and cramping in the chest that can be confusing. About a year after my heart attack, I was having chest pains. Went into the cardiologist and did the nuclear dye while running all out on the tread mill. We couldn't reproduce the pains. Turns out my heart was just fine, but I was dehydrated. My entire life, I've been a massive coffee drinker, never ever drink water unless its the only thing to drink.

Google "the water 8x8 rule". Essentially, it suggest that you should have eight, 8oz glasses of water every day, or 1/2 of a gallon, or roughly 2 liters.

It works for me and the family. Since that doctor visit, we bought a dozen water thermos so that they are everywhere.

Also, recently, @No Pain suggested a water distiller to evaporate ethanol to produce THC oil, which I have been having a blast with in the lab. I also use it to distill water just about every 3 days.

Figured I'd add to the thread.

Great thread and information.
Between the cold beer and the cannabis I was dehydrated, drooping and shriveling like an under watered plant/old man. I had to force myself to hydrate until it became habit. I now carry my 20 oz. Bubba Traveler everywhere and keep a gallon jug of water in the truck.

85% of all Americans are chronically dehydrated. In 47% of Americans (especially the elderly) the thirst mechanism is so weak it is often mistaken for hunger. Even MILD hydration will slow down one's metabolism as much as 40%. One glass of water shuts down hunger pangs for almost 100% of dieters. Lack of water is the #1 trigger of daytime fatigue.

Lack of water is the #1 cause of constipation. Lack of water is the # 1 cause false signs of dementia or memory loss. Dehydration mimics heart attack symptoms. Water clears the complexion and removes impurities from the body. Water aids in & improves digestion. 8-10 glasses of water a day could significantly ease back and joint pain for 80% of sufferers & lubricates joints

A mere 2% drop in body water can trigger fuzzy short term memory, confusion, trouble with basic math and difficulty focusing on computer screen or printed page. Drinking 5 glasses of water daily, decreases the risk of colon cancer by 45% plus it can slash the risk of breast cancer by 79%, and one is 50% less likely to develop bladder cancer.

If You Wait Until You're Thirsty, to drink, You're Already Dehydrated. Water regulates your body's temperature. Elderly people often feel chilled in the heat because they do not drink enough water. You cant depend on thirst as a signal to drink. Having a dry mouth is a later sign of dehydration. Only as dehydration progresses do you notice that you're thirsty. In addition, the thirst sensation also diminishes with age so you may not know you are thirsty.

Becoming dehydrated can be serious enough to cause a stroke!

"Most of us do not drink enough water, and as a result, our blood becomes more viscous, increasing the likelihood that a clot will suddenly form at the site of a plaque formation."
- American Medical Association

How do you know you are dehydrated? Symptoms include :

Dizziness
Headache
Dark urine (may have a strong odor)
Inability to urinate
Dry mouth and nose
Weakness
Chills
Fatigue
Nausea and vomiting
Dry mouth and tongue

Dehydration Symptoms in the Elderly:

Dehydration symptoms in the elderly can be different than in young adults. Medications that the elderly take are much more likely to lead to dehydration in that population. One particular symptom of dehydration more pronounced in the elderly is poor skin elasticity. When the skin is pinched, it holds its form rather than returning to its normal shape.

How much water have you had today?

581430_407283832638673_100000711793618_1308790_2055215183_n.jpg
Thank you. I always follow this.

I'm quite sure this is me. Thank you @420 and thank you for popping this great reminder up for us @bhenry007! Prolly more important than ever!

Great post!
Water has been my favorite drink for decades all along the day. I drink most of the water in the morning than evening for a normal day. If I smoke, I drink water whether or not it is morning.

There have been studies that revealed that ANY liquid you intake can be counted as part of your 8 glasses a day regiment even alcohol. There was a great amount of pushback on those studies from pediatricians and the child development community, brought on mostly from the fear of parents substituting too much sugary drinks in leu of water. The flavoring you are adding to any liquid only causes the body to have to digest the liquid before it is absorbed, it does not stop the body from absorbing it. Yes It is true that nothing rehydrates the body faster than good ole water, it will all do the job of providing hydration to the body. What else dose it bring along with the hydration and what effects do those have on the body, well that's a different topic and the trade-off

I Agree with the 420 founder...Drinking more water can help one to improve their metabolism rate, the nicotine what was in the body one can also release through the urine...by drinking more water.

Caffeine and alcohol are both diuretics. You can't count any beverages with them (beer, soda, etc.) toward the amount of water you drink.

I easily drink three liters of Pepsi a day. If I don't drink water through out the day, I feel like shit by mid-afternoon. And when I get to this point, drinking water usually puts me in the bathroom within fifteen or twenty minutes.

Back
Top Bottom