Drink More Water When You Smoke Cannabis

Holy shit!!!! Thanks 420.. I just drank three glasses of water, no joke.

And to think, after 5 years in a medical related law firm, I learn all this from a potheat. lol.

:cool::yummy::grinjoint:

This is especially important now in our current heat wave, but
remember it all year long!

.. 85% of all Americans are chronically dehydrated.

.. In 47% of Americans (especially the elderly) the thirst mechanism is so
weak it is often mistaken for hunger.

.. Even MILD hydration will slow down one's metabolism as much as 40%

.. One glass of water shuts down hunger pangs for almost 100% of dieters

.. Lack of water is the #1 trigger of daytime fatigue.

.. Lack of water is the #1 cause of constipation.

.. Lack of water is the # 1 cause false signs of dementia
or memory loss.

.. Dehydration mimics heart attack symptoms.

.. Water clears the complexion and removes impurities from the body.

.. Water aids in & improves digestion.

.. 8-10 glasses of water a day could significantly ease
back and joint pain for 80% of sufferers & lubricates joints

.. A mere 2% drop in body water can trigger fuzzy short term memory,
confusion, trouble with basic math and difficulty focusing on computer screen or
printed page

.. Drinking 5 glasses of water daily, decreases the risk of
colon cancer by 45% plus it can slash the risk of breast cancer by
79%, and one is 50% less likely to develop bladder cancer.

.. If You Wait Until You're Thirsty, to drink, You're Already Dehydrated

.. Water regulates your body's temperature.

.. Elderly people often feel chilled in the heat because they do not drink
enough water.

.. You cant depend on thirst as a signal to drink. Having a dry mouth is
a later sign of dehydration. Only as dehydration progresses do you notice
that you're thirsty. In addition, the thirst sensation also diminishes with
age so you may not know you are thirsty.

Becoming dehydrated can be serious enough to cause a stroke! “
Most of us do not drink enough water, and as a result, our blood becomes
more viscous, increasing the likelihood that a clot will suddenly form at the
site of a plaque formation� American Medical Assoc.

How do you know you are dehydrated? Symptoms include :

.. dizziness
.. headache
.. dark urine (may have a strong odor)
.. inability to urinate
.. dry mouth and nose
.. weakness
.. chills
.. fatigue
.. nausea and vomiting
.. dry mouth and tongue

Dehydration Symptoms in the Elderly:

.. Dehydration symptoms in the elderly can be different than in young
adults. Medications that the elderly take are much more likely to lead to
dehydration in that population. One particular symptom of dehydration
more pronounced in the elderly is poor skin elasticity. When the skin is
pinched, it holds its form rather than returning to its normal shape.

How much water have you had today?

your so right about this... water is so important to me... i lost 70 pounds and everyone thought it was the smoking but i drank so much water that when the munchies came i was full of water lol... Perfect way to suppress the hunger when being high plus you dont get the drymouth lol... thnks 420 for the thread +reps :nicethread::nicethread:

Many animals get the most amount of water from what they eat. In dry areas,that may be the only way some animals get water. I drink juices and water and coffee and tea and milk ..., the coffee and tea actually takes out more water than it puts in. I also do not drink poison in the form of alcohol. I stopped that 23 years ago. People often think I am younger than my real age. Alcohol is a far worse offender when it comes to taking the water out of your system. Any Beer drinker will tell you...

What do you figure a gallon of ice tea a day is towards you daily intake of water????? I rarely drink straight water because I can taste the chlorine out of the tap. lol

if it has caffeine, it probably cancels itself out because caffeine makes you pee all of the water out, your body does not retain it...

if it has no caffeine, then all of it...;)

drink bottled water...
i drink about 6 liters a day...

Lately I've been noticing that my short- term memory sucks. Like all of a sudden. Which shouldn't be cause I work at a coffee shop so I should always be on point ya know. Maybe its lack of water. Hmmm. I think I'll keep a personal water journal now. Good to know info.

think about how well your vehicle performs when it is properly lubed...
and how it breaks down and stops operating when it runs out...
your brain is the motor of your vehicle...
the more you lubricate it, the better it works...
the drier it gets, the slower and more complicated the process becomes...
if you try to access your memory banks without having a well lubed brain, you will have difficulty accessing that data...
lube it up and the wheels begin turning and your data is easier to retrieve...

think about how well your vehicle performs when it is properly lubed...
and how it breaks down and stops operating when it runs out...
your brain is the motor of your vehicle...
the more you lubricate it, the better it works...
the drier it gets, the slower and more complicated the process becomes...
if you try to access your memory banks without having a well lubed brain, you will have difficulty accessing that data... lube it up and the wheels begin turning and your data is easier to retrieve...

420 i have to say i like your metaphors they make it so logical haha have to say we both think the same in this aspect lol

Optimal water is ideal.
On that same note, getting your optimal vitamins and minerals in needed too. And not just the govn'mnt daily minimums. Just imagine how healthy your plants would be if you gave them the recommended minimum nutrition. We supply more than the minimum to our plants and need to do the same for our bodies.

I had heard the opposite to the coffee question. I had heard that the water used for coffee and/or tea is water none-the-less. I will try to find a link or something.

this posting really changed my styles of smoking marijuana!!!!!
from nowonwards..i am sure to carry few bootles of water with my pots!!!!!!!!!!

Now see, that is something that is right up front helpful and factual!!!
And having been a nurse, YAH! ya need a lot of water in our modern world...
Personally 420, I did notice a real 'cotton mouth' with vaping... even more so than with when I smoked it. And it is a very 'drying' process to the salivary glands and sinuses... but with more ingestion of WATER, it is greatly dissipated.
So I determined that 1. I would quick drinking coffee after Noon... and try to limit myself to 4 cups daily, and 2. to make sure I drink H2O at least 8oz. 6-8x's a day minimum. And as well 3. To lay off heavily syrup'd beverages (Soda, fake sports drinks etc...).
We are after all mostly water in our physical composition...
THANK YOU 420, FOR POSTING YOUR NOTE!
wow... such a simple thing, but we just tend to overlook it!
::roorrip: :thanks:

What do you figure a gallon of ice tea a day is towards you daily intake of water????? I rarely drink straight water because I can taste the chlorine out of the tap. lol

Having been a tap drinker for a long time, I checked with my manfriend (who is a healthy sporty guy) and he said to just let the glass of overly chlorinated water sit in the glass for about 10 - 15 minutes. Voila! Drinkable water. It's hard to figure how much a gallon of ice tea is worth toward your daily intake of water. Water in, water out; it's a wash (pardon the pun). Tea is also a diuretic, like coffee. It takes more water out than you take in (or so the urban legend goes.)

what about all the flouride in our water? bottled and tap. and apparently distilled can be bad for you at a point. so what do we do?

what about all the flouride in our water? bottled and tap. and apparently distilled can be bad for you at a point. so what do we do?
If you let the water sit for awhile 10-15 mins a glass it will be fine like Druidess pointed out. As for water in the res let sit overnight with air stone blowing and chlorine will be dissipated.:ganjamon:

how does letting the water sit take away the flouride? and other negatively used chemicals in our water supply? i say our because globally our water supply is funked up.

Back
Top Bottom