Drink More Water When You Smoke Cannabis

Since COVID hit, I have been stuck at home drinking coffee like no tomorrow, and of course smoking weed like nobodies business.

This popped out Monday (not the penny). Going back to drinking lots of water while I smoke lots of weed!

stonez.jpg
Ouch! :eek:

Thank You 420, I didn't know drinking 8 glasses of water a day was so
critical. I drink at most 5 glasses a day excluding a cup of tea. But your
right, sometimes I feel fatiqed, especially when its hot outside. My buddy
Pinch always greets me with a bottle of water, & I think he has a case in
the car. Good Point:smokin3:
Thank you..I feel fatigue everyday and I thought maybe my weed is too strong.

Preaching to the choir here... the meds my Dr has me taking require that I drink extra water. I'm sipping on water all day long, an have a bottle on my nightside table an drink in my sleep. Hydrate an feel great...

85% of all Americans are chronically dehydrated. In 47% of Americans (especially the elderly) the thirst mechanism is so weak it is often mistaken for hunger. Even MILD hydration will slow down one's metabolism as much as 40%. One glass of water shuts down hunger pangs for almost 100% of dieters. Lack of water is the #1 trigger of daytime fatigue.

Lack of water is the #1 cause of constipation. Lack of water is the # 1 cause false signs of dementia or memory loss. Dehydration mimics heart attack symptoms. Water clears the complexion and removes impurities from the body. Water aids in & improves digestion. 8-10 glasses of water a day could significantly ease back and joint pain for 80% of sufferers & lubricates joints

A mere 2% drop in body water can trigger fuzzy short term memory, confusion, trouble with basic math and difficulty focusing on computer screen or printed page. Drinking 5 glasses of water daily, decreases the risk of colon cancer by 45% plus it can slash the risk of breast cancer by 79%, and one is 50% less likely to develop bladder cancer.

If You Wait Until You're Thirsty, to drink, You're Already Dehydrated. Water regulates your body's temperature. Elderly people often feel chilled in the heat because they do not drink enough water. You cant depend on thirst as a signal to drink. Having a dry mouth is a later sign of dehydration. Only as dehydration progresses do you notice that you're thirsty. In addition, the thirst sensation also diminishes with age so you may not know you are thirsty.

Becoming dehydrated can be serious enough to cause a stroke!

"Most of us do not drink enough water, and as a result, our blood becomes more viscous, increasing the likelihood that a clot will suddenly form at the site of a plaque formation."
- American Medical Association

How do you know you are dehydrated? Symptoms include :

Dizziness
Headache
Dark urine (may have a strong odor)
Inability to urinate
Dry mouth and nose
Weakness
Chills
Fatigue
Nausea and vomiting
Dry mouth and tongue

Dehydration Symptoms in the Elderly:

Dehydration symptoms in the elderly can be different than in young adults. Medications that the elderly take are much more likely to lead to dehydration in that population. One particular symptom of dehydration more pronounced in the elderly is poor skin elasticity. When the skin is pinched, it holds its form rather than returning to its normal shape.

How much water have you had today?

581430_407283832638673_100000711793618_1308790_2055215183_n.jpg
That is my problem

85% of all Americans are chronically dehydrated. In 47% of Americans (especially the elderly) the thirst mechanism is so weak it is often mistaken for hunger. Even MILD hydration will slow down one's metabolism as much as 40%. One glass of water shuts down hunger pangs for almost 100% of dieters. Lack of water is the #1 trigger of daytime fatigue.

Lack of water is the #1 cause of constipation. Lack of water is the # 1 cause false signs of dementia or memory loss. Dehydration mimics heart attack symptoms. Water clears the complexion and removes impurities from the body. Water aids in & improves digestion. 8-10 glasses of water a day could significantly ease back and joint pain for 80% of sufferers & lubricates joints

A mere 2% drop in body water can trigger fuzzy short term memory, confusion, trouble with basic math and difficulty focusing on computer screen or printed page. Drinking 5 glasses of water daily, decreases the risk of colon cancer by 45% plus it can slash the risk of breast cancer by 79%, and one is 50% less likely to develop bladder cancer.

If You Wait Until You're Thirsty, to drink, You're Already Dehydrated. Water regulates your body's temperature. Elderly people often feel chilled in the heat because they do not drink enough water. You cant depend on thirst as a signal to drink. Having a dry mouth is a later sign of dehydration. Only as dehydration progresses do you notice that you're thirsty. In addition, the thirst sensation also diminishes with age so you may not know you are thirsty.

Becoming dehydrated can be serious enough to cause a stroke!

"Most of us do not drink enough water, and as a result, our blood becomes more viscous, increasing the likelihood that a clot will suddenly form at the site of a plaque formation."
- American Medical Association

How do you know you are dehydrated? Symptoms include :

Dizziness
Headache
Dark urine (may have a strong odor)
Inability to urinate
Dry mouth and nose
Weakness
Chills
Fatigue
Nausea and vomiting
Dry mouth and tongue

Dehydration Symptoms in the Elderly:

Dehydration symptoms in the elderly can be different than in young adults. Medications that the elderly take are much more likely to lead to dehydration in that population. One particular symptom of dehydration more pronounced in the elderly is poor skin elasticity. When the skin is pinched, it holds its form rather than returning to its normal shape.

How much water have you had today?

581430_407283832638673_100000711793618_1308790_2055215183_n.jpg
The UK population is similarly chronically dehydrated. As a person who until my retirement 2 weeks ago worked on a geriatric and stroke medicine ward I agree with the comments regarding dehydration of the elderly. I also believe that the generally endemic dehydration among the non elderly population is a contributory factor to dementia, Alzheimer's and many other degenerative brain diseases in later life.

Years ago when my son was born and weighed in at 10lbs 12oz I attempted to breast feed and was a total failure. Looking back on it, I am positive it was because I was chronically dehydrated. I have very rarely felt thirst my entire life and I don't know why.

Back
Top Bottom