Drip line placement?

Tidepride

Greetings Deep Water Culture! I am a soil grower that recently converted to Deep Water Culture. I have two bubblegums that have their first true set of leaves. my 10 gallon setup has two 5" pots of hydroton/rockwool with a 4 dripline manifold (250 gph pump) and 2 12" airstones. Using Fox Farm (liquid and soluble) nutes and a little superthrive. GH ph up and down. hanna 918129 pen. 600 watt MH/hps air cooled in a 4X4X8 tent. temps steady at 77. all seems well so far but my only question is do i stake the drippers to drip directly on the rockwool? if not please, inform me of proper placement.

Sidenote: I would be honored to be inducted into the Deep Water Culture society. Add me to the list of members if you see fit. Thank you and glad to be here.

NO"""""" the tubes must be half way down the rockwool in the hydroton have the tube but up aginst the cube donot expose the tube to light it can travel down the tube and raise your res temps and cause alge :goodluck:

The tube placed half way down the cube has many reasons or purposes, and Olias told you right.
We would love for you to join us and display the logo in your signature:

and it'd be cool to visit the gang here and invite them to your thread:

Thank you so very much gentlemen. Drip lines are covered. I've tried in vain to add the signature but to no avail. I've added plenty of sigs to posts over the years...just cant make it work.

I realize this will sound elementary to some, but I'm here to learn, so do i cover the rockwool with hydroton? Much appreciated

Welcome Tidepride, always glad to see another Deep Water Culture ! Look around for a bit theres lots of pictures and videos on diy and how to ...:peace:

Thank you for the warm welcome. I guess you all already know that I'm hooked and finished with ocean forest. Pleased to be here

No rules around here that say you only have to do it one way or another. Both are perfectly acceptable. A grower is just a grower and you get to decide how you do it based on your experience and preferance. Now you'll just be an ambidexterous grower! You'll learn things in one style that will help you in another.

Happy to meet u Tide! Ur a late niter as well since ur online now lol.
L8tr in ur grow be aware that roots may tend to follow the source of H2O in ur tubes adn eventually clog it. So pull tubes out of net pots and make sure theres no roots.

thanks for the tip, fear. i'll take all i can get.

what about storing seeds? i've heard both fridge and non-fridge. they are in individual storage bags in the same tupperware right now

Welcome Tide!!! I personally keep all of my seeds in ziplock bags stored inside and airtight dark container. Have not had a problem yet. I do not store anything in the fridge...except my cannabutter...;-) HOOK 'EM!!!!

Hey guys, getting close to starting my first DWC here. Just trying to work out the last few questions I still have.

In regards to this

Deep Water Culture Tutorial, SH Kit & DIY < a link with tons of pics showing "set up".

Tis a dead link, do you actually point your feeder tube UP at the bottom of the rockwool? Thanks guys!!

Hey guys, getting close to starting my first DWC here. Just trying to work out the last few questions I still have.

In regards to this

Tis a dead link, do you actually point your feeder tube UP at the bottom of the rockwool? Thanks guys!!

Hey jw,

I push the feeder tube into the bottom or lower side, about 1/2 inch into the cube. For me, it makes sure the first roots are getting water directly. I've noticed that I get much better results than just having the feeder tube against the rockwool.

Prairie

Back
Top Bottom