DRM Ranch (What's up with that name anyway)

DRM Ranch

Hey all,

I am DRM Ranch, not my real name of course but I chose it because it reminds me of home and my family.

The ranch is loosely named after my late grandmother and my mother as well it reflects one of my mothers early life interests.

I will be moving to DRM Ranch in just under a year to care for my mother and the ranch, along with my wife and family.

Myself, I am a disabled army veteran that suffers fromcronic back pain and what I like to call "old" but I refuse to admit that.

I hope to learn the ins and out of growing cannabis for treating my back pains and the symptoms of "old", quite honestly though I'm a total beginner with zero practical experience.

I'm sure I'll pester a few of you around the forum and your blogs/grow journals, but I will try to search out as much as I can so as to not be much of a bore.

Have a great day, may your harvests be plentiful.

Welcome DRM Ranch and thanks for joining us at the best site for promoting cannabis awareness :420: :welcome:

Will you be starting your grow now or when you move to the Ranch?

:Namaste:

Most definitely when we move to the ranch, aside from the issue of legality here (it isn't), my beautiful wife has a rather litigious ex that would certainly jump at the chance to use that in court against us if he were to catch wind of it.

My goals are a bit open at the moment, but I do everything with a shoot for the stars type mentality; that said I'm shooting for 10-12 oz per plant in a perpetual indoor grow.

They say go big or go home, well I'm going home so big is the only option left.

Most definitely when we move to the ranch, aside from the issue of legality here (it isn't), my beautiful wife has a rather litigious ex that would certainly jump at the chance to use that in court against us if he were to catch wind of it.

My goals are a bit open at the moment, but I do everything with a shoot for the stars type mentality; that said I'm shooting for 10-12 oz per plant in a perpetual indoor grow.

They say go big or go home, well I'm going home so big is the only option left.

hell yea go big or go home

I'm hard at work trying to hammer out a serious day to day plan that has no holes in it. I sort of feel like I'm authoring my own instruction manual.

I'm having a real issue working the search function on this forum, is that a normal problem?

At the moment I've been resorting to using Google to find stuff, it's a bit frustrating but I'm getting there.

:welcome: DRM Ranch! I was thinking since you have some time before you move.... you could do a few things while you wait. First, read lots of journals here and gain knowledge, and 2nd, you could accumulate the equipment you'll be needing for your grow when you do begin. I can tell you from my own experience, I jumped right in without a piece of equipment and without a CLUE! :) My seeds were sproutin' and I didn't even have a light yet! lol Good Luck.

I certainly don't want to be in a situation where I'm without lights and plant are popping.

I have been pouring over stuff since some time before becoming a member. But the real note taking has been kicked into high gear lately.

I'm looking at hoods now, how they disperse light (the light that matters), I'm sure I'll be asking questions about hoods soon. I know at least a few features I want in mine but I'm mostly focused on the reflector performance at the moment. Form follows function, and a lights primary function is to chuck light.

I'm wanting to light a 4'x4' area with one 600w light over one plant using SCROG method, and predominantly using TheCapn as my mentor and information vault.

Back
Top Bottom