Dro’s Top-Feed DWC Green Crack Fem & Northern Lights Auto Journal, 2019

I would start mine on 1/4 strength nutes. Once roots hit the water they start taking off quickly!

Thanks @Pennywise ! That is what I thought. I just finished doing 1/4tsp of each GH per gallon plus some z7 and hydroguard. What I noticed was my starting ppm was 243ppm and at the end it was 383ppm. Does it make sense to only go up 140ppm? I am not sure I understand how ppm works.

Weekend update

Not sure what happened to one of the auto Northern Lights seedling. This morning I woke up to this

NLdown.jpg

I think the heater might have been blowing too much hot air her way and she dehydrated. The rapid rooter top was dry but I don't see any roots coming out. I am adding some of the nute water to the rapid rooter and see if she comes back to life.... She might be a goner :(

The other two appear to be doing good. Green crack roots are long already and fully submerged! This one has very good genetics I think. The leaves have some faint yellow spots. I am not sure if it's normal or not... anybody knows what it is?

GCleaf.jpg

The other NL is good and the root looks like they are about to reach the water.

NL2up.jpg

Looks like heat got it, the baby with leaf tips turning yellow is nute burn. May want to top off with plain water, just a little. The 2 look good though.

@Pennywise I got some bad news... I went to change the water with some pH water and the GC long root that was already in the water completely fell off as soon as I pulled the net pot up.... I am not sure if the 1/4 nutes was too much for them or somehow I got some root rot. The water is covered in some slime... I think I fucked up somewhere....

Well I moved the two survivors that may be heavily wounded to individual 5 gallon buckets and the NL that looks dead I put on a small bucket with wet rapid rooter to see if it comes back to life but I doubt it.

I am concerned that the other two may die too... Especially since the main root just came off!

Frustrating night to say the least. Midnight toke to chill out.

Sounds like bacteria or algae building up in your water. I change my nutrient solution once a week and I use an enzyme cleaner called Z7. You can use Hygrozyme, sensizyme or something similar to keep your water slime free. Keep your buckets as cool as possible to slow down or prevent the slime. It happens, you’ll get this going just don’t get too bummed.

Sounds like bacteria or algae building up in your water. I change my nutrient solution once a week and I use an enzyme cleaner called Z7. You can use Hygrozyme, sensizyme or something similar to keep your water slime free. Keep your buckets as cool as possible to slow down or prevent the slime. It happens, you’ll get this going just don’t get too bummed.

Thanks @Pennywise ! I added z7 to the nute mix but I think it was too late.

I cleaned everything up and used individual buckets now with pH water, z7 and hydroguard. That's all I have for them right now so let's hope they can recover.

I am monitoring my water temps now and the hottest it gets it's around 71F. I added 2 12oz frozen bottles this morning and went down too much to 60F but started to climb up. Trying to get all these temps to stay within a good range has been a bit stressful.

We will see what happens. I may start germinating another NL to see if I can do a bit better.

Here are some of my temps now

dashboard.jpg

@Pennywise I have been stalking the plants pretty much everyday now hoping they don't die. This morning I noticed a bit of white foaming around the top part of the bucket that has the Green crack (the one that the root just broke off) ... It's been only 2 days since I changed the whole water and reservoir! I got z7 and hydroguard in the mix so I am not sure if that is what I am seeing. Any help would be awesome!

On a side note, the little one that was kissed by the heater didn't make it so I put another seed to germinate... I am hoping I don't f it up again.

Shouldn’t be Z7 or hydroguard causing the foaming. What else are you adding to the Rez?

I am only adding those two plus pH down to get pH around 6. I am using tap water and I know it's hard water with a ppm of around 240 without any nutrients.

Should I take the rapid rooter of the net pot and rinse it over water? I wonder if some stuff was left over from before...

Thanks @Pennywise ! The plants seem to be doing ok now. There is no more foaming and everything seem to be ok for now.

I think this whole issue has slowed down their growth... Hopefully they start growing more in the next few weeks.

Saw this beer the other day and it is quiet fitting for the occasion. Deleterious from Oddside Ales is a great bourbon barrel aged imperial stout. Hoping the girls pull through!!
Day13.jpg

dash13.jpg

Calling all experienced growers! I need some advice. Please take a look at the pics and let me know your diagnosis. The plants seem to be drooping down and they look plain sad. The Green crack is not as green as I was hoping it will get and the northern lights one is starting to sag.

Currently they are in pH water with some 3% hydrogen peroxide. The roots are not touching the water yet so I have the water 1 inch above the net pot barely touching the rapid rooter.

Everywhere I read, drooping or leaf sagging in hydroponics means not enough oxygen. I am not sure if that is the case here as the water has plenty of oxygen from 2 air stones on each bucket.

Let me know what you guys think.

@Pennywise @West Hippie @Icemann420 @Steve Jobs

GCsad.jpg
GCtop.jpg
NLsad.jpg
NLtop.jpg

Back
Top Bottom