Drooping leaves and brown spots on leaves - Help please

kanestrain

when My t-5 light came on today I noticed that my plants had drooping leaves and brown spots on leaves they were planted on January 2-2016 from seed they are tga seeds one strain is 9lb hammer and the other is locomotion they are in 32oz cups and the grow medium is sunshine mix #4 IM watering with ro water and humic acid as of right now nothing else the t-5 lights are on 18/6 the temp is 70 and humidity in the room is 35% they were transplated to the 32oz cups on January 17 because they were in smaller solo cups i have some brown on the tips of some leaves and u have yellowing of leaves as well i just watered today I won't be doing it again till Saturday maybe Sunday depending on how light the cups are I just did some more digging online and it looks to be a cal mag deficiency just want to ask on here before i do anything

Brown spots that are rust colored are Calcium Deficiency. This is not caused usually by a lack of Calcium. It is usually caused by pH problems.

Since you are likely over watering that is probably the cause. It is very hard without pics.

Worst case is you have over watered to such an extent that you have caused a rotting problem in the root zone that is acidic. With that you can water properly all you want and you still will have nute lockout. Then you have to do a good flush with a soil reconditioning. All of that is pretty extreme without a proper diagnosis. So post some pics.

More likely you need to let it dry out then properly water from here forward. You could add some calcium...but likely proper pHd water on a good watering plan would solve it.

And the bad leaves will not repair. They are bad now.

Calcium Def.

calcium-deficiency-leaf-sm.jpg
cannabis-calcium-deficiency-sm.jpg

Once the plant sprouts 3 leaves, i like to do some preventive action on the girls..I use Epson salt in my first two watering before using cal/mag and other nutes to see how they react... I only grow in soil so, for me, its more abt preparation in the first few weeks,because i feel its the most vital to have a strong plant that flowers and blooms without any hassle.. Someone mentioned Flushing it, but a good tea mixture is probably the way to go for the next few weeks, and least once a week.. Saving it at this stage isn`t easy, but, can be done... Best of luck...

yeah I said that was worst case and unlikely that they needed to flush. Until they post us some real data as requested we can't say much meaningful.

Waht 7-11 has that kind of slurpee? I want one!!!!

Yeah so you need drain holes there for sure. That looks over watered and maybe a few other issues I would rather not go into until we get some more data. What have you been adding? Just water? Do you have drain holes? If not you have stagnant water in the cup and that can cause a whole host of issues...basically everything I see could be caused by not having drain holes.

Best bet is to repot that. Use good soil, water properly and all will be fine.

I water with RO water and humic acid 1/2 teaspoon to one gallon of water now I don't use the whole gallon when I water they have four drain holes on the bottom of cups I have earth juice grow, bloom, catalyst, micro, meta k, and now I have general organics cal-mag but I haven't used any of those yet i water when the cups are light

Then you are watering way to frequently...and the humic acid is not needed every watering.

Go ahead and transplant into a good soil and don't water in veg until it shows signs of under watering. It will grow faster and stronger and be much healthier if you do.

You wont need to touch the plant at that age more frequently than once a week. Put it in a big pot and even less frequently. And they don't like being messed with. So if you can just leave it alone in a good situation and maybe give it a 1/4 turn each day for the light to get more even that is all you need to do.

Constantly watering it can kill it. At a minimum is slows growth.

Also over watering will cause and underdeveloped root system and that can be very bad and will impact negatively final yield. We want an over sized root ball not an undersized one.

Back
Top Bottom