Drooping Leaves Galore / pix

LEDman

MediBud, sixth week since germination, soil, two of nine plants have drooping leaves. Room temp is 21-23° C, RH is ~45-50%.

Soil is pro-mix with an additional 20% perlite, I water about every third day and only when the pot is bone-dry and feels as light as a dry one. Overwatering is not the issue. The last watering for the plants in question was with 1/4 strength nutes, as there is no sign of deficiency in any of my plants.

The leaves have remained droopy 12 hours after watering. Water pH is 6.5, runoff around 6.7. No signs of nute burn, heat stress or anything similar. They feel cool and humid to the touch - like happy leaves should. They do not appear happy, though - and the other 7 MediBud, 3 Super Silver Haze and 1 White Widow have a strong turgor resulting in their leaves sticking out in the usual manner.

IMG_22843.JPG

IMG_22853.JPG

We have pretty different systems but....
-When you say room temp,you should acualy be worried more about the temps where your canopy hits the lights, your edges look upturned and Im pretty sure thats a sign of heat stress.,
-I can only tell what I do, I use DNF A-B and as soon as my girls looked strong, I started with 100%,
-
You have to stop letting them get "bone dry".
I have mine in pots 2L,but I have as much room as I need so they go into 12L pots if they are mothers, They end up 2.5 feet, and usually there is a nice healty rootball, I usually end up planting those after I take the cuttings. but again I think we have two different ends in sight.
Those look like 1-2L pots? How big are they?
I dont think Id fert right away,maybe 2nd water
Try the 100% nutes first before the transplant, cause I think there should still be room in those pots. I've grown them almost that big in beercups.
IMHO.

I carefully shook one plant out of its container (which is 1.5L, btw). No sign of being rootbound, the roots look healthy and strong. The temps I posted are measured at the canopy tent level - since I veg them under LED and CFL, there is no noticeable increase in temperatures. I thought the upturned leaf edges might have been due to nute overdose...

Thanks for your advice, I'll give them one 100% watering before repotting and take care not to let them dry out completely. Bigger pots should help avoiding that as well.

When I move up a pot size I try to make sure the plant needs it. When I transplant there is always a distinguishable root ball and not that much dirt falls out.

Supply consistent grow conditions, follow a few easy basic rules, buddy , no sweat. the plant will do the rest , cause that plant desperately wants to live.
Thats all I do.
and I feely admit I no nothing about budding inside ,except what I read,
but if I had to I think I could. hehehehe

I agree with the others about pot size and uping nute strength but I would also like to add that a plant is droopier in the morning and more perky later in the day as the leaves reach for the light, so it depends when you are looking. Just my 2 cents

Jonny

Just to give vou what they'll take , my first grow was in my moms flooded basement with nothing hi-tech, plastic I found in the recycle. Generic 20-20-20, cheapeast dirt, but Followed all the directions in my little book. Even before I knew what lime was,no ph nothing. Blew my all money on the light. I think I ended up with almost 4lbs. Paid for our oil for the winter,plus.

quiet, thanks for your input. I have them all on 18/6 atm, btw.

Remember when I said the plant I took out of its pot showed no signs of root-boundness? Well... I took a deep breath and took out another. And another. All of them looked like this:
IMG_23074.JPG

To make a long story short, I repotted them all today, fed with 1/4 strength nutes, thinking that the pre-fertilized soil along with the shock will probably be "enough".

The result:
IMG_23083.JPG

Let's see how that goes, shall we? I'll post updates in my journal (see the sig). Cheers!

Thoise are beautiful LED,
I know you didn't ask, but I'll tell you what I do, I would try to loosen the rootball before trans.
I gently roll it between my hands, gently. loosen dont break. You might even hear some tiny roots breaking, but gently.
All those root tips come out of the ball, and I've never had "transplant shock"
and I bet you see real fast growth once it figures out where it is. lol
Good Luck my man.

Cheers to you ! ... the wife wants to know what your gonna do with the 'mater plants ?

Blucross, do I understand you correctly if you ask what I'll do with the mother plants? I presently plan to keep wave after wave of mothers. The principle is this:

The first batch of clones replaces the plants that have reached a sufficient height to move them to the flower room. Some plants will remain in the veg room and used as mothers until deemed large enough to be also moved to the flower room. In the mean time, I'm taking clones off the clones and so on and so forth...

It's a perpetual cycle from clone to veg to flower room with no need for a fixed number of mothers. Of course, I take clones only from plants that have shown good traits and may keep some of these around for a while. But eventually, the cycle of life turns for them as well, giving me a (hopefully ;)) perpetual harvest.

Back
Top Bottom