Droopy leaf tips?

Laws

I got a three month old plant in a closet growin' under a 2-20W grow lights. It aint big, only three feet and skimpy on the bottom. It's in a round wooden planter( 'bout a foot and a half deep two foot 'round). Anywho, I was wonderin' about watering, like when and how much. I feel like I'm over watering now and I've only used three gallons so far. Room stays 'bout 60. The tips of the leafs are drooping, now what is that a sign of? Colors great and little buds have started.

Laws (Of "A Virgin Grower")

[B said:
Laws[/B];978769]I got a three month old plant in a closet growin' under a 2-20W grow lights. It aint big, only three feet and skimpy on the bottom. It's in a round wooden planter( 'bout a foot and a half deep two foot 'round). Anywho, I was wonderin' about watering, like when and how much. I feel like I'm over watering now and I've only used three gallons so far. Room stays 'bout 60. The tips of the leafs are drooping, now what is that a sign of? Colors great and little buds have started.

Laws (Of "A Virgin Grower")

High Laws and :welcome: to 420Mag! :cheer:

I think your girl's leaf tips are drooping because she's sad. At 3' she needs sun-like lighting and all she has is a full moon. That's why the bottoms are so skimpy. The light can't penetrate to the lower branches. Try to get some light down below the canopy to help them out.

Let your plant dry out to the point of starting to wilt then measure the amount of water it takes to get some run off. Next time it feels dry give her about 75% of that for a full watering without flooding her. I like to have the pot in a tray and let the plant suck it up from there. When you can feel moisture a couple of inches below the soil surface, take her out of the tray and it will be perfectly watered.

Lift the plant and feel how it weighs when totally dry then do the same when it's freshly watered. After a few waterings you'll know when she's ready for a drink. Usually straight water between feedings unless the girl is real hungry.

The leaves could be drooping because it's a little chilly for your lady at 60F. At cooler temps and low light conditions she doesn't have much need for water or nutes. If you could get it up to 75F it would be a lot better. Adding some more CFLs or something would kill two birds with one stone by adding both heat and light to your room.

Plants need light, food and drink, and fresh air or CO2 supplementation and O2 in the root zone in the right balance to flourish. If any one of those is deficient, growth will be impaired or stop altogether.

Hope that helps and +Reps to help you on your way! :bong:

:peace:

Thanks, kinda figured i was skimpin' on the lighting...but funds are weak. I'll try your suggestions as they seem good. Best Wishes.

i have the same set up as yours, mine wer doing exactly the same thing yours seems to be doing, i wasnt sur wht was wrong i left them and they produces some sick buds, good luck and hope your happy with your results.:)

Overwatering I would think would cause the entire leaf to wilt, not just the tips. Tips curled down is often (not always) a tell tale of overfertilization. I didn't see u mention any nutes. U happen to be using a Miracle Grow or Fox Farms Ocean Forrest soil? Plants may be in hot soil. I'm just speculating here. I agree with the other on the lighting. If ur budgets that tight bro, dunno what to tell ya. Light bulbs are cheap as hell. Add a few more CFLs if u on a budget. Don't think it can get much more economical. If ur in the states u may wanna swing by home depot and grab a 2' or 4' single or dual T5 fixture. They're relatively cheap. Trust me spending the money now is worth the returns. as far as watering goes, let the soil dry out almost completely (not to the point that the plant wilts) and then water. Cannabis likes what we call "dry feet". I normally check the wieght of the pots. Light pot means water. Heavy means let it dry out some more b4 watering. Here's some info on watering>How do I determine my watering schedule for container plants?

Back
Top Bottom