droopy leaves and purple stems

slipped

2 30-40 gal rubbermad tubs hydroton and rockwool dwc with 6 air stones tottal
normal temp 74-76
humity around 35-44 percent
using pure blend pro 3-2-4
using around 1/3rd recomended for seedlings
week 3?? day 1
added water earlier today above bottum of basket... i know dumb... also watered 1 plant that was dry.....
Week 3??? day 2 4.30 am
leaves are droopy and purple stems.. temp 75 degrees added water earlier today above bottum of basket... i know dumb... also the plant i watered is the worste... not sure everything else because i actually didnt start the journal this day is just the beggining of my problems.. day 3 is the day i started my journal
week 3 day 5. 12.01 pm
leaves on most plants ok except the one i watered... ph a little high added mad farmer get down ph down.. using chimicles it was yellow which is..6.0
week 3 day 5 4am
leaves on most plants droopy again!!! and stems purple!!!
sorry no digi.. ill try and invest in 1 asap

might want to check out the Deep Water Culture forum Under Hydroponics( those guys know they're stuff) I think it is labeled 'DWC/Deep Water Culture. It sounds like you have a nitrogen def (yellow leaves purple stems usually means lack of nitrogen.)
But might just as well be a PH problem, Pic's would be really helpful! Good luck with the problem.
Screwnuts, Roseman,Mostly Crazy,FryinPanFlyer anyone care to venture a guess what his problem is without seeing them?

might want to check out the Deep Water Culture forum Under Hydroponics( those guys know they're stuff) I think it is labeled 'DWC/Deep Water Culture. It sounds like you have a nitrogen def (yellow leaves purple stems usually means lack of nitrogen.)
But might just as well be a PH problem, Pic's would be really helpful! Good luck with the problem.
Screwnuts, Roseman,Mostly Crazy,FryinPanFlyer anyone care to venture a guess what his problem is without seeing them?

except theres no yellow leaves.. o and thank you for atleast giving it a educated guess

using chimicles it was yellow which is..6.0

I guess I was too baked this morning!:cool:
Upon further reading it seems that yellow I read was your ph paper color?And not leaf color "using chimicles it was yellow which is..6.0" DUH!!
I still think your problem leans toward the nute def. Can't know for sure without pic's though.

update...
leaves are not as droopy... as it was last night still purple stems... im going to to wally to day to get a thermometer that does humidity and possibly a digital camera 3.52 pm
got the thermometer humidity is good so far..
1. Are you growing from seed or clones?seeds and 2 clones.. clones dont seem to be effected as bad also another clue.. there roots arent in the water yet the rest are...
2. How old are your plants? 3weeks from seeds.. the clones not sure.. around the same size..
3. How tall are your plants?4-9 inches averaging prob 7 inches.. bu ti did do some lst and bending super crop style
4. What type of hydro system are you using?dwc
5. What brand/type of nutrients are you using?pure blend pro
6. What is the Ph of your nutrient solution?6.0
7. What is the PPM/EC of your tap water?n/a
8. What is the PPM/EC of your nutrient solution?pretty sure it was between 0-100 the dipstick said ..
9. What is the temperature of your nutrient solution?64-68
10. Does your PPM/EC show a rise or fall when you do your daily PPM check?n/a.. dont check stays inbetween 0-100 on dipstick
11. Does your pH show a rise or fall when you do your daily check?rises daily
12. Do you foliar feed or spray your plants with anything?i did last night with epson salt plants looked a little better in the mourning but they did the last time and i didnt spray them...
13. What kind of lights do you use and how many watts combined? (HPS, MH, fluorescent, halogen, incandescent "plant lights"),mh and 7 cfls 3 cools 26watts 4 warms 23watts
14. How close are your lights to the plants? 22 inches and the florcents like 2-5 inches
15. What size is your grow space in square feet?around 25 sq feet a open closet mainly
16. What is the temperature and humidity in your grow space? 74-76 light on.. 67-71 light on
17. Have you noticed any insect activity in your grow space?none
18. How much experience do you have growing?3rd grow.. 1 cfl grow that got me a little bit of bud.. not allot.. and 1 1000 watt grow that burned up the plants and i had to leave state.. so that didn't go well but i read allot

DSC00013.jpg

DSC00013.jpg

DSC00010.jpg

DSC00009.jpg

DSC00011.jpg

DSC00006.jpg

DSC00004-1.jpg

DSC00007.jpg

Back
Top Bottom