Droopy leaves near end of each light cycle: Why?

red420

Strain - Himalaya Blue Diesel Auto from Short Stuff Seeds
# of Plants - 1
Grow Type - Soil (Roots Organics)
Grow Stage - Flower day 19 (day 47 from seed)
Bucket Size - 5 Gallon fabric
Lights - (1) 300 Watt Mars-Hydro LED
Nutrients - Roots Organics 5 ml Master Pack (feed about 1.5 ml each per gal of water)
PH - 6.5 (run off is closer to 5)
RH - 20% - 45%/80% (LIGHTS ON/LIGHTS OFF)
Room Temperature -70 to 77
Solution Temperature - 72 (ROOM TEMPERATURE)
Tent Size - 27'X27"X63"
Ventilation - 6 inch inline fan and filter (fan runs on a repeating cycle of 1hr/2.5hrs on/off)
Pests - None Know

Lately the leaves around the buds seem to droop during the last 2 to 3 hrs of light. When the lights come back on 6 hrs later the plant looks all nice and perky. This started happening about a week ago. Any clues?
IMAG107910.jpg
IMAG108210.jpg
IMAG108310.jpg
IMAG108010.jpg

Re: Droopy Leaves near end of each light cycle. Why?

Well i am no expert.. but my guess is the PH run off is to low should be around 6.0 for soil, basically even though you PH'd your water/nute mixture at 6.5 its some how dropping to 5.0 which is way to low for soil, actually to low for even coco or hydro.

How mant times are you feeding them?

By this point you should feed at least 2hrs before lights off including all the previous feedings but definatly 2htr before lights off.. check run off.

Check run off of its not within range of Soil PH levels then i would flush with PH'd water only for a gallon or two.. then start nutes again and get the PH run off correct as it should be with in rannge for soil.

One other thing.. what is your PPM reading at?

A Licenced Medicinal Cannabis User

So what I've noticed with my plants working at the dispensary all the plants continue moving throughout the entire time but as they get close to getting ready to go to sleep they start preparing their self to sleep

Sent from my Z815 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Droopy Leaves near end of each light cycle. Why?

Mine go to sleep but those look like they hurtin for some reason. First thing i thought when seen them was they need more water

How often are you watering?

And the day u took that picture what was your watering schedule that day?

Sent from my iPhone using 420

Thanks to everyone's input so far. I'd like to address everyone's comments and question here. Below are some pictures from today... and as you can see she is looking great again. I suspect she will start to get droopy again about 3 hrs before lights out. If you look closely at yesterdays droopy pictures you'll notice it is all near the top and during the lights on cycle she seems to show mild signs of light stress (tips and edges of leaves curling up) so I wonder if she is letting her upper leaves droop to get less light. Here is a link to my grow journal so you all can get a better understanding of what I have been doing.

XobeMan, On average I water her with 1 gallon twice a week, every 2.5-3.5 days That is starting to increase now that the plant is getting more mature. I feed her with nutrients once per week and use only water when ever else.

In regard to feeding time... that usually happens 5 to 8 hrs before lights off. (I didn't know the time was critical)

The ph has been an issue since the start. The run off has always been acidic and I have used some very high ph'd feed and still the run off has been on the acidic side. The ph readings I stated are approximate since I just use the drops and get within range based on the color. I may try flushing her as you have suggested but other than the droopy leaves at night she looks great, nice color and growth and all.

Imhigh85, So if I understand you correctly... You are saying that all the plants at the dispensary tend to do this and I shouldn't be too concerned since she is otherwise looking great?

cnile, I watered her the day the droopy picture was taken but she acts the same regardless of that.

Here are pictures from today. She looks great... Right?

Droopy Leaves near end of each light cycle. Why?

Mine do same thing. I think she is just tired. As long as there is water in there. And as long as it's not happening within hour or two of your waterings/feeding. I'll send u pic of mine man. They look that bad sometimes too.

My lights off were at 930 am and by 7 or 730 they start.

I asked also. I tried the watering thing (extra drink towards end of day) and it may have helped a little.

It's just that one picture of the big fan leaf center photo that's so lifeless it made me say water.

Mine droop just like that. Although that one looks bad and riases concern

Mine especially started once they were under hid lights for a while.

Have you checked roots?

cnile, not sure what mean by checked roots?

The plant might be having problems. Maybe if you inspect root mass you could find a problem. Smell it. Look at it inspect roots. Make sure it's dry when you think it is. I look down in every once in a while. Not far. I can see beneficial fungus for example. I found another that was dried and dead first half inch of coco so I fixed it.

Just trying to help cause I never really found reason for mine doing that.... That is if it's even a symptom of problem at all. I let it go as natural after made sure it wasn't over/under watering.

It's just like you were me some plants want the whole 12 hours to sleep so I'm going to sleep a little bit more it all depends on the strain my white Bubba Kush at the house and at the dispensary both do it I would post pictures to show you but I have not learned how on here yet

hey i was just reading around and stumbled on this:

"Blue light also works together with red light to help the plant "know" whether it's day or night time, and help set circadian rhythms. You may notice that cannabis plants start drooping right before the lights go off each day, and they start perking up right when lights come on. This is a way for the plant to save energy while it's "sleeping." Since the blue in the light helps it "know" the time schedule, it will prepare as best it can for lights-out and lights-on"

growweedeasy.com

i think that means no blue light at all and perhaps they would be too confused to do that.

but like i was sayin im pretty sure its normal i wouldn't worry mine do it all the time.

My wife asked what your humidity is because if it's under 30% with it being the one main Cola the air around it may be too dry the rest of its bushy enough that it's holding moisture around the leaves

I've had girls who do this, specially autoflowers which have usually more light / day. As long as they perk up when the lights come on it is alright. My guess is she had "enough" light, and needs to rest. I have seen this happen outside as well, as it comes to the end of the day they do this and go to bed :laughtwo:
She seems happy and I wouldn't worry too much.
:love:

My wife asked what your humidity is because if it's under 30% with it being the one main Cola the air around it may be too dry the rest of its bushy enough that it's holding moisture around the leaves

It drops into the low 30's when the filter fan is on. It can go up into the 60-80 range when the fan is off.

If you can get it into the forties or fifties it may help things as little as a cup of water sitting in there can up your humidity

I ended up earlier this week dropping of a half hour of light for 3 days in a row for a total of 1.5 hours less light now. So the new light schedule is 16.5/7.5 and she seems to be doing much better now. Shoot over to my journal for all the details and pictures of how she is doing. I also added a second light this past Thursday. I think it is going to definitely help with my final yield. Would love to get all your thoughts and opinions so I'm looking forward to seeing you all over there.
:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom