Droopy leaves question

Dewbie

Okay I just have a quick question its not a problem any more but I was just wondering what could of caused the leaves to be droopy. Awhile back some fan leaves were cut to provide more light under the canopy. Afterwards the leaves were droopy and starting to curl and look a little crispy. The light cycle was 24 on. The lights were turned off for around 12 hours. When checked after the dark period the leaves were all perky and perfect again.
Now my question.

Did cutting the fan leaves cause temporary stress to the plant? And, Did the dark cycle help the plant rest and regenerate the damage causing it to go back to normal after 12 hours of dark?

Ha kind of a long winded question was just curious if the dark cycle actually helps plants that have been stressed.

could have been a tempature issue, if you turned of the lights it could have lowered it so that the stoma could open up and it can breath better, hard to know tho. also could have been a water issue that cleared up when it drank up, again tho hard to tell with info givein : /

jlt did make sense, very hard to determine a set in stone problem, too many factors. Possibly switching up your lights to 18/6. Having 6 hours of darkness will give the stomata a break to rest, so for the next 18 hours they will be working extra hard again with the 6 hours rest they accumulated. Should save ya some cash on your elec bill also, I know I wish I could save some cash after seeing my elec bill this month LOL. :helpsmilie:

It seems after researching "Stomata" the info is endless.. Man some good reading though.
Hope your girls are looking good as new Dewbie!!
:peace: CA215

Back
Top Bottom