Droopy plant all of a sudden! Help!

KnottyDread

Wats up y'all so out here in Socal we been having SUPER heat waves last few days...my gelato45 is droopy everyday I water her everyday since the soil seems dry and becausenof the heat instead of every 3 days...she seems real droopy but all the others are fine even the autos...she had some yellowing at the bottom but not much on top any ideas wats going on I don't think it's best stress because the leaves aren't curling or clawing

420-magazine-mobile198253876.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1134246097.jpg
420-magazine-mobile2078223537.jpg
420-magazine-mobile288758951.jpg
420-magazine-mobile305120810.jpg

Re: Droopy plant all of a sudden!! HELP

So just how wet is the plant's soil? Did you maybe just overwater? That would be my guess.
She is in a 3gal pot I water her with a gallon of water...normallly every 2 or 3 days...ya maybe I overwatered her

I just ran into the same thing today. Its hot here n GA but i watered my yesterday. As soon as they went into the sun for 1 hour they drooped. Put them back n the shade they perked back up. Almost as if they know its too hot to play n the sun. They rather b n the shade but i thought they love direct sunlight.

Droopy plant all of a sudden!! HELP

If you are sure you are not over watering the plant (which is one of the most common droopy leaf problem) I still have to think the problem is with the roots. Do you typically water on the morning or in the evening? I am from NorCal so pretty much same here. I water my plants in the evening. When the temp heats up to 100+ and in those black plastic containers I can see them getting very hot (especially directly on the concrete) Might be something to think about. She may be getting to large for the 3gallon pot too. Might be root bound?May or may not help, hopefully someone with more knowledge than me can help.

Thanks BlakVader I moved her to shade and I'll see how she does....LED209 I'm pretty sure I'm not over watering. I water in the morning normally like the rest of them. I hope she isn't root bound....i might transplant her into a 5 gallon. She had been vegging for about 77 days now haha

I agree with the repot and over watering suggestions. One think I noticed is the pots are above ground. Maybe the soil is just to hot. I dug holes to put my pots in this year. Just because of that. I find indoors that the cooler the soil the better. My first outdoor in 30 years. So I'm not state agent for info here.

Thank you guys for the feedback she is back and in full effect after the transplant

BEFORE

420-magazine-mobile459947529.jpg

AFTER

420-magazine-mobile858252309.jpg

Hi Knotty... I know this is a couple months old now, but something to consider if it's still pretty warm out there.. Grow all your plants in those white buckets. The roots will stay cooler that way.. That black just attracts the heat and is stressing those plants.. Those are some beauties ya got there...

Hi Knotty... I know this is a couple months old now, but something to consider if it's still pretty warm out there.. Grow all your plants in those white buckets. The roots will stay cooler that way.. That black just attracts the heat and is stressing those plants.. Those are some beauties ya got there...
Appreciate it....i think I'm going with the white ones too.

Back
Top Bottom