DropnCosbys First Hydro Grow Black Berry Kush - 2010

dropnCosbys

-Strain: Black Berry Kush
-#: 24 Plants in rockwool (clones)
-Stage: Veg (Just put into Solo cups of hydroton)
-Indoor Hydro with drip system for veg stage
-Light: 4 bulb T5
-Temp: 70 degrees Fahrenheit, about 60% humidity
-22 gallon reservoir (filled with 10 gallons)
-Water source: Tap water, PH = 7.6, tds/ppm = 200
-Used PH down to get resi to 6.0 PH, and ppm is at 206.
-Nutes: GH Flora Nova Grow
-Feed Times: 2 Times a day. 10AM for 3 minutes, and 10PM for 3 minutes.

Hi guys. I've lurked the forums, and checked out a lot of posts, and decided to start my first grow. There are 24 plants, all black berry kush. The veg room is a 4 x 2 closet (I think), with a 4 bulb t5. There is a household fan that blows cool air, but no intake or outtake. Temps are right around 68-70 degrees F, and humidity stays about 55-65 depending on how long the doors open for. I just picked up these clones and they are all still pretty moist, so I'm going to hold off watering til at least tomorrow. I plan to water the plants every 12 hrs for 3 minutes a feeding session. So 2 times a day at 10AM and 10PM (please tell me if you think that is too much/little). Probably mix in the nutes in a few days after they get situated. Right now the 10 gallons of water in the resi is at about 6.0 ph, and 205 ppm. I added roots excellerater, and some PH down to get the ph at a decent level. The plants right now are in solo cups, with holes in the bottom to allow the water to drain. They are on a drip system, with two air stones in the resi that come on at the same time as the water pump during feeding(added oxygen...not really sure if this will help or not during this stage). Also planning on running the lights 24/7. Is there any reason to run the lights 18/6? At certain stages? Please feel free to give me any insight or suggestions about my grow. Any and all information is appreciated. Happy Growing!

If I missed out on some details, just let me know and I'll fill in the blanks. I'm pretty stoney right now :tokin:

The pictures are a little weird..regular camera stopped working on me.
GOPR0027.JPG
GOPR0034.JPG
GOPR0022.JPG
GOPR0030.JPG
GOPR0035.JPG

Hey guys. Heres an update on my plants. Really starting to take off, but starting to have some problems.

Just noticed tonight some plants leaves are yellowing, and a few are droopy. The plants are in rockwool cubes in solo cups of hydroton.

-Using 10gal of water/nutes in the resi.
-Strain: black berry kush CLONES
-Medium: Hydroton
-Nutes: 1/4 strength GH FloraGrow
-Roots excellerater. 1.2 mL/G
-Water Cycle: Twice a day @ 10AM & 10PM for 3 minutes each
-Stats: PH=6.0, PPM/TDS=580
-7 days into grow. Got them as clones.

Do you think they aren't getting enough water/nutes? I feel like the plants aren't as green as they should be. Another thing to note is the pump has been screwy lately, and not getting full water flow to all plants (specifically the ones at the end of the line). I've been using the solution in the res and spraying the plants on the rockwool with a spray bottle so they get their feeding(not foilar feeding). Probably going to the local hydro store tomorrow to get a new pump though, because this might be part of my problem. I'm planning on bumping the nutes up tomorrow to have the res around 700-800 ppm.

Heres some pics.
day3_5.jpg
day7_5.jpg
day7_4.jpg
day7_3.jpg
day7_2.jpg
day7_1.jpg

High dropnCosbys!

Thats a sweet looking setup you got there buddy! as for the nutes, I do see a little yellowing on the leaves as well. Is it getting worse or is it stabilized? when working with clones you will notice some yellowing while the roots are established, the reason for this being the plant needs to feed of its leaves to have the energy to grow roots. If you find the yellowing is getting worse after the roots are established I would raise the nute strength a bit.

I'll be watching this one for sure!

Thanks man. They just started yellowing yesterday. I posted a thread th the problems forum and being told not feeding enough/not enough nutes. That's what I was thinking the problem was and might have the ph a tad too high. I got the plants as clones and they were rooted in rock wool cubes. I just don't want to over feed them and cause nuteburn, but I suppose not using full strength nutes will help with that.

Thanks man. When I get some time ill take a few photos of the flower room. Going to be using a 24 bucket ebb n flow system with 3 1k. Air stone in each bucket and all in a homemade 8x12 room.

ill be waiting... n where u get the girls at? or r u the father? lol i cant find any shops with "clean" babys. every batch is either diseases or infested

ill be waiting... n where u get the girls at? or r u the father? lol i cant find any shops with "clean" babys. every batch is either diseases or infested

I got em from a buddy, but planning on getting a mother plant going for the next grows so I can take my own cuts. About to go take some pictures of the Flower room..

Update: Heres some pics of the babes from tonight. Haven't fed them yet or changed res, but they aren't looking any worse I don't think. Definitely have grown a little bit in the past 24hrs. Also took some pictures of the flower tent...sorry for the shitty quality. My regular camera broke, so I've been using my phone. Enjoy.
day8_2.jpg
day8_1.jpg

room_11.jpg
room_10.jpg

room_12.jpg
room_23.jpg
room_31.jpg
room_6.jpg
room_7.jpg
room_9.jpg
room_13.jpg
room_14.jpg

room_111.jpg

Feel free to chime in with any suggestions on my flower room. Still have a week or two before the girls go in to do some tweaking.

Just did a res change, turned the airstones on 24/7, and have a tds of 758, ph = 5.8. Should I up the nutes anymore you think? Will take a few more pictures when they feed. Everyone loves pictures!:bongrip:

That we do! That's good for the nutes. Just keep n eye on things n tweak when necessary. N +reps on the flower room, super clean. I think I want sum buckets now

Thanks for the compliments. Looking forward to trying it out once these girls go into flower. Planning on going into flower (as long as everything goes smoothly) in a week and a half or so. It works out to be about 2 1/2 weeks in veg, maybe 3. Just noticed tonight when feeding some plants have roots coming out of the bottom of the cups. I attached a picture of what I'm planning on doing to fix that. It's basically going to be a piece of thick cardboard or a few pieces, and a sheet of poly taped to the top and bottom to make it water resistant, and cut out the cardboard pieces to the dimensions of the tubs. I'm going to cut out enough holes in the cardboard for 24 plants, and the cups will sit in these little "cup holders", while the roots are dangling from the cup instead of being sat on. This will also keep any light from hitting the roots, as well as the stagnant water in the tubs that could be left over from a feeding. Hopefully this will work. Let me know what you think...I know my paint skills suck.:ganjamon:
day8_4.jpg
day8_3.jpg

Root_solution1.JPG

Wooooooooooooooow you have got my attention setup looking super profressional and very clean!So impressed with the growers on this forum no messing around setups and knowlege is flawless!

I am looking to upgrade to ebb and flow so this will probly end up being my GROW BIBLE :D Please please lots of updates with your plant management.

GOOD LUCK

Thanks for the kind words my friend. Im excited about using the ebb n flow. From everything I've read and heard from people, its a great system that produces results. I take a few pictures everyday so ill try and do a daily update of what's going on.

I checked the girls this morning and they seem to really like the raise in nutes. Appear to be getting a little greener and healthier. Probably going to build the cup support deal tonight and keep the roots from getting smashed. Ill keep you guys updated and post up some pictures tonight. For everyone that's following my grow, I appreciate the support.

Started working on the cup holders today..pretty much done, just have to wrap them both in poly, seal them up with tape, and put in the tubs. Plants are definitely growing, and have started noticing that they are pretty droopy around feeding time. The pump has been messing up lately so trying to get that sorted out right now, but definitely could up the feeding times..which I plan on doin, just haven't yet. Wanted to wait a day and see how they reacted to the more powerful nutes. They seem to be using up everything I give them, so more watering shouldn't hurt. Tonight, during feed time, PH at 5.8, res temp around 68-69 F, and around 750ppm. My ranges seem to be right where they should be, just need to set more watering times. Heres some photos of my almost finished cup holders, the plants, and also a few closeups of some girls that have a few weird leaves.
day9_6.jpg
day9_5.jpg
day9_4.jpg
day9_2.jpg
day9_1.jpg

Toke on:bongrip:

Major Updates today:
Hey guys, just updated the veg closet today. The feeding system wasn't getting water to all the plants before. Spent all day today making my platforms to keep the roots from getting smashed, and installed all new tubing and drippers. Upped the feeding times to 10AM, 4PM and 10PM, and then lights go out at 1AM. They definitely seem to be showing that they are thirsty, and now with them raised up a little bit they drain a lot better. I attached pictures of how the cup holder platforms were built as well as the plants before a much needed feeding. Some of the leaves seem to be showing some mag deficiency. The leaves are curling upwards at the tips, a little brown on the edges, green veins and leaves starting to yellow near bottom. Am I wrong to believe this is mag def? I've heard a way to fix this is epsom salt? Is there anything you guys suggest? Im going to see how the upped feeding times effect them, but if not i need to get this under control before they start to go south on me. Plants are growing though. Toke on :bongrip:
day10_11.jpg
day10_21.jpg
day10_3.jpg
day10_4.jpg
day10_5.jpg
day10_6.jpg
day10_8.jpg
day10_7.jpg
day10_10.jpg
day10_16.jpg
day10_15.jpg
day10_14.jpg
day10_111.jpg
day10_12.jpg
day10_13.jpg
day10_9.jpg

the covers look good. kutos on the trays. n r these pics right after lights on? they look a lil droopdog... it could also b the plants getting use to the new conditions. other than that they r definately coming along well. epson salt wouldnt hurt, idk if this is correct or not but a buddy of mine told me to heat the water before u throw in the salt... let it cool then add to mix. said the heat helps desolve it better. but idk lol

Back
Top Bottom