Dropping Autoflowering plants: grateful for advice

Get some string and tie it down. Use a paper clip if you have them example
image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

I just bent the lil one a bit ago
But some string attached to some anchor that isn’t going to be moving a lot. Or a post. Whatever works. I also just got into supercropping the last grow and this grow. Helps with height control a lot. Kinda gives the plants the effect of a top without actually topping them. But I am going to be incorporating lst and super cropping for all my foreseeable grows. Love all the branches you get this way as more branches =more colas. Although if you have a very small grow space, like 2 x 2 or 2x3 one plant can easily fill up that entire space if done properly

Get some string and tie it down. Use a paper clip if you have them example
image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

I just bent the lil one a bit ago
But some string attached to some anchor that isn’t going to be moving a lot. Or a post. Whatever works. I also just got into supercropping the last grow and this grow. Helps with height control a lot. Kinda gives the plants the effect of a top without actually topping them. But I am going to be incorporating lst and super cropping for all my foreseeable grows. Love all the branches you get this way as more branches =more colas. Although if you have a very small grow space, like 2 x 2 or 2x3 one plant can easily fill up that entire space if done properly
Hey bro thanks for your reply I’ve been using your advice and I think it seems to be working pretty well I’ll attach some pics so u can take a look and any advice would be grateful. However the bottom leaf shown in last pic is turning yellow , is this something to be concerned about? Maybe I i should put the light closer.
image.jpg
image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    840.7 KB · Views: 32
Yes that’s about it, nothing to it really. Funny how this one little step drastically changes the shape of a plant. What I like to do is just tie down the new top growth every week or so. So that the top stays about level with the lower branches. Having the the tops of branches bent horizontally tricks the plant into thinking there’s a problem so that it redistributes growth hormones to the lower nodes that are growing up without a problem.Thus the increase of growth at those lower sites.
And as for the yellowing leaf, I don’t grow in soil, so I am afraid to give any advice on it as my previous attempts in soil were unsuccessful. Back when I was using bro science as a golden rule for growing lol XD what a mess them years were haha.
But based on the whole picture the plant leaves have that healthy green, from top to bottom
So my first thought was nitrogen deficiency, but if that was the case then the new growth wouldn’t be so green,
So now I’m kinda thinking it might be nute burn, the very beginning stages of it I would say.
because your plant does have that dark healthy green not associated with Low nute density. But has the dark green of high nute density. So just based on my observations I would just feed plain ph water. And hold off on nutes for now. But I would suggest getting another opinion
Hmm @MrSauga what do you think?
I feel you are more suited for this question lol

Also how old is your plant? It just might be naturally pruning those lower fan leaves out as the stems and branches out grow them.
But if that yellowing is in just that leaf I wouldn’t be to worried. But if you see it climbing up on the leaves the next step up and so on might be a sign of something that needs to be done

Also how old is your plant? It just might be naturally pruning those lower fan leaves out as the stems and branches out grow them.
But if that yellowing is in just that leaf I wouldn’t be to worried. But if you see it climbing up on the leaves the next step up and so on might be a sign of something that needs to be done
Hi thanks for your reply ,Yes it is a complete new shape now haha hopefully it’ll grow that way and I’ll keep shaping that new grow. May I ask what medium you use? Regarding the yellow leaf I have fed my plant as followed: feed,water,feed with minimal amount of nutrients so I’m not sure. My plant is now 38 days old and it might be as you said naturally because only that leaf is discoloured.

I made the switch to some simple dwc buckets back in October, that switch came with its own new set of challenges, as I don’t know anyone else in my area doing hydro, I’m sure there out there but keeping to themselves like the rest of us are. My friends seem to know some, But haven’t said who, kinda pisses me off as I am also tring to limit the people who know of me growing, and they be walking around like, hey man how’s your plants, did you know he’s growing? like dayumn wtf I don’t get the same courtesy? Note to self, maybe scratch off crap friends and wait/look for better ones XD
But I am getting side tracked.
Hmm maybe feed every 3 or 4 day? Like i said I wasn’t successful in soil. So idk.
But it looks to be like it is pruning off then as my plant is starting to do the same it looks like.
I am waiting on some hp promix soil and plan on growing a couple plants in them to see if my knowledge of hydro can finally lead me to a successful harvest.
I would suggest you get a ph pen and a ec pen.
Plenty of them come as a pair. For 20-30 dollars.
Why? Well back when I was growing in soil I had no way of telling the ph of my nutrient water, or water. And in my hydro quest I learned that plants only absorb nutrients in set ph ranges. To high and to low they don’t get absorbed and can result in the plant burning. And for the ec pen or tds pen. They can do ppm, or ec I find ec better to understand as the way I understand it, it was developed for hydro, where as ppm is for testing for drinking water lol. But ec stands for electrical conductivity and I use it to measure the strength of my nutrient solution. To high nute burn. to low, deficiencies.
But looking back if I had known these two things I feel I would have some successful harvests.
what I would do now when my soil comes in is make a nutrient solution and test and adjust its ec and ph. Before pouring it into my grow medium.
With the guess work of nutrient strength out of the way you should in theory run into less problems and better treatments for it.
I also ordered some cheap moisture/light/ph meters you stick in soil. Mainly to check the ph of soil. Hope they work well.
but once you get nutrient strength and ph locked down the only problems that should arise are
Lights, humidity, pests, and training techniques.
Welp that is me putting thought on paper

However the bottom leaf shown in last pic is turning yellow , is this something to be concerned about? Maybe I i should put the light closer.
Hi HaL!!
You've gotten some good advice after reading back. The plant looks great. I agree with the others that if it's just the one leaf not to worry. Let the leaf fall off naturally.

What type of soil are you using?
What's your soil:coco ratio?

Lol what? I was talking about HaL lol.
Oh yeah, and of course I caught that editorial addition...
You know, cause I am sharper then the average bear :laughtwo:
Although I am starting to doubt it as I spent a good bit of time trying to spot it...
Haha yeah I was like dope just to edits, one post.
I grammar goods :)
But then I messed up one of the last letters and was like Nope Guess I’m just an illiterate idiot Like the rest of them XD

lol, I look for the short cuts, which is probably why I am edit king.
Lol what? I was talking about HaL lol.
lol, I was referring to HaL. When I refer to edit king by making the shortcuts I do I find my sentences rarely make sense so I need to go back and redo 'em, which really isn't a shortcut anymore :(

Damn so lately I’ve been reading a lot of the rqs articles, a lot of stuff they have up and looks like they be adding new ones periodically the last couple years also. Have maybe 20-40 tabs open in my browser slowly closing one out after reading. I really should start taking notes again lol. Welp maybe one day I’ll get around to writing info down in a diary lol:laugh:

Back
Top Bottom