Drosseph 1st Grow Journal - Indoor - Soil - THC Bomb Auto - 2015

Drosseph

Howdy all,
Im Drosseph and due to law changes in my area (washington DC) it is now legal for me to finally grow my own medicine. I suffer from back spasms and pain on a daily basis and have come to rely on cannabis to manage my symptoms as I am not a fan of muscle relaxers. Now for the good stuff!

I started my grow with 5 THC BOMB auto seedlings. For germinating i used peat pellets soaked in tap water and then placed them in a germination tray with cover. Well things didnt turn out so well. 2 of the seedling took of strong, 2 seedlings sprouted but remained dwarfed, and 1 seedling produced a tap root but did not produce any leaves. I will also add i had a free seed due to my order but the thing never cracked. Anyways, I did a bunch of research and tried to save the 2 dwarfs but nothing i did caused them to grow and eventually i scrapped them.
18063609719_c5f0de915d_k.jpg

After a few days (when i could see any root popping out of the peat pellet nets) i transplanted them by removing the mesh around the pellets and planting them into 5 gallon smart pots in a mixture of FFOF (1 bag) light warrior (1 Bag) FF original planting mix. Added some hydrated lime (6-7 tbspns) to the soil as well and let it sit for a week before transplanting.

I began the grow in a 2.5x2.5 grow tent in my attic under a 1000w MH bulb. Immediatley ran into heat issues as the attic space though finished and has AC still collects 10/ 12 degrees more than the rest of my apartment. This meant that during the day my grow room temps could reach 94 degrees! Luckily this only happened once because immediatly afterwards i got creative and jerry rigged my AC vent to a hose connect to a 6 in fan to blow cool air into the tent and made my own evaporative cooler withan an old fan and an aquarium pump. Coupled with a new high cfm 6 in heat exhaust fan i was able to drop my temps to anywhere between 72-84. Also i use 12pm -6pm as my lights off period in my 18/6 light cycle and this helped reduce the heat. After a few weeks i went ahead and bought a 5x5 tent and moved everything in there before switching my mh to a 1000w HPS light. At this point the autos have started showing pre flowers. However 1 auto has something odd going on with it. Its growing only 1 leaf and its messed up at the top. Its now growing a bit shorter than the other.
18062030328_3358d78e9e_z.jpg
close up to weird one
18246099472_68601e8ebb_z.jpg
another close up
18062109590_454a497007_z.jpg

Now i did have some slight nute burn and i mean very slight about a week ago due to adding too much advance nutrient b52 but caught it early and flushed out the plants so i dont think this is the cause. It looks to me as if she took physical damage but im not sure how. Also no pests. I will post some more pics of my healthier plant tmrw.
The current grow set up looks like so:
17627212694_69f090847e_z.jpg

18062089960_b200b2c291_z.jpg

Now for the last bit. I did manage to get my hands on some snowland aka mammoth non auto flowers and went ahead and planted 2 seeds which are now sprouted and potted in 5 gallon smart pots and growing under the 1000w hps light. The plan is to finish the autos and then switch back to my MH 1000w to veg these snowlands and then plant 10 more non auto flower seeds 5 THC Bomb and 5 Tutankhamen. Is there any problem with doing this? From what ive read there will be greater node spacing but im not terribly concerned with that.

Thanks for reading folks! Any advice is greatly appreciated as i am here to learn and share. Also if you have any questions please feel free to ask.

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom