Drug Czar Responds To NORML's Refutation Of 'Potent Pot' Claim

Jimbo

Washington, DC: NORML's criticism of an Office of National Drug Control Policy (ONDCP) report alleging that the average strength of cannabis is now at an all-time high has drawn a heated response from the Drug Czar's office.NORML's critique, which appeared in an essay on the HuffingtonPost.com as well as in select newspapers, countered the White House's claim that today's marijuana averages 9.6 percent THC (pot's primary psychoactive component) or is particularly dangerous to health.

Armentano wrote, "y the University of Mississippi's (which conducted the study) own admission, the average THC in domestically grown marijuana - which comprises the bulk of the US market - is less than five percent, a figure that's remained unchanged for nearly a decade." He continued, "THC - regardless of potency - is non-toxic and incapable of causing a fatal overdose. Currently, doctors may legally prescribe a FDA-approved pill that contains 100 percent THC, and curiously, nobody at the University of Mississippi or at the Drug Czar's office seems particularly concerned about it." Armentano concluded, "If lawmakers ... were really concerned about potential risks posed by potent marijuana, they would support regulating the drug, so that its potency would be known to the consumer."

The Drug Czar's office responded to NORML's criticisms on their Pushing Back website by falsely accusing NORML of seeking to "legalize [all illegal] drugs." The ONDCP also argued, oddly, that the data cited in their report regarding the average potency of domestically seized pot was likely inaccurate.

"Name me another agency that publishes data, but then denies the validity of said data the moment somebody highlights it," Armentano said. "This sort of slipshod research would receive a failing grade on a high-school term paper. It's an embarrassment that the most well-funded drug policy agency in America would engage in such an admitted act of duplicity."

NORML's Deputy Director and Drug Czar John Walters continued their debate on Wednesday on the nationally syndicated Dr. Drew Pinsky radio show.
Drug Czar Responds To NORML's Refutation Of 'Potent Pot' Claim - NORML

"Name me another agency that publishes data, but then denies the validity of said data the moment somebody highlights it," Armentano said. "This sort of slipshod research would receive a failing grade on a high-school term paper. It's an embarrassment that the most well-funded drug policy agency in America would engage in such an admitted act of duplicity."

I just love that!!!:adore:

"Name me another agency that publishes data, but then denies the validity of said data the moment somebody highlights it,"

Try the whole government or any authority figure America. my friend used to have a bumper sticker that read, "success is finding others to blame for your mistakes."

Currently, doctors may legally prescribe a FDA-approved pill that contains 100 percent THC

Now, what I want to know is what the name of this pill is and what sickness do I have to have to qualify to be prescribed it?
No kidding...I want to talk to my doctor about it.

It's called Marinol and it is a synthetic version of THC. Very similar effects for most people but I have heard of a few who have not taken to it. Even still, most people prefer the real thing.

It's called Marinol and it is a synthetic version of THC. Very similar effects for most people but I have heard of a few who have not taken to it. Even still, most people prefer the real thing.

What do they use it to treat?

Back
Top Bottom