Drug interactions with medication

Buddi

420 Member
Hey...on some heart medications and I think one is a beta-blocker...will olive oil infused with high thc% cannabis affect these medications? Thanks

Hi Mate.
Everyone reacts differently to medications; whether that be prescribed or herbal.
So I would not look for answers on any forum or website. The only person that can tell you, is your doctor..
Imagine if someone said "yes, its OK to use the infused olive oil, because I do" and you had a medical emergency, due to the cannabis; Who is to blame? The one that suggested it or you?..
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news; I'm only looking out for your health.

Hi Mate.
Everyone reacts differently to medications; whether that be prescribed or herbal.
So I would not look for answers on any forum or website. The only person that can tell you, is your doctor..
Imagine if someone said "yes, its OK to use the infused olive oil, because I do" and you had a medical emergency, due to the cannabis; Who is to blame? The one that suggested it or you?..
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news; I'm only looking out for your health.
Doctor is anti cannabis, rather make money for drug companies!

Doctor is anti cannabis, rather make money for drug companies!
Sorry to hear that. Luckily I have not met a doctor yet who would let his or her personal views on Marijuana interfere with the treatment or advice given to a patient. And, yes, I have met doctors that are against recreational use of Marijuana.

The info that I smoke weed and might have a beer or two is on my medical records. All of my doctors and nurse practitioners are more concerned about alcohol and/or tobacco use and that includes my cardiologist.

I am not sure if you want to know about the olive oil having or causing reactions with your medications or if the concern is the THC. You could start off by asking if the olive oil will have inter-actions with or cause any unwanted inter-actions with the prescribed medications. Think about all the salad dressings or marinades that are olive oil based. That is enough to get the conversation started.

Back
Top Bottom