Drug sniffing dogs

dino

AS of last March, the US Supreme Court decided in the case of Florida v Jardenes that a drug sniffing dog cannot
be used as a basis for a search warrant if the dog is in the curtilege (sp) of your residence, That is, the area
close to the house. IN OTHER WORDS, IF A DRUG SNIFFING DOG IS IN THE IMMEDIATE VICINITY OF YOUR HOME
AND GIVES AN 'ALERT', THE POLICE CANNOT USE THIS TO OBTAIN A SEARCH WARRANT OF YOUR HOME. I'm sure
there are many out there that will be able to use this decision. I know I will.

High dino
well thats a nice bit of of post its always nice to read these stories . I live in the uk an I was watching a program the othere day The police were going down town to sniff out drug users (mainly for harder drugs) it was mentioned that even if some one had rolled a joint then the dog would be able to sniff them out , an I watched on with horror there first catch was a teenager who had around a gram in total. They didnt bust him but he has to go to some drug awareness program. problem here also is the fact that if you show kids drugs an tell them to stay well away more than likley that person will be tempted a little bit of an advert for drug culture of the harder kind wich also then goes on to sour the name of Mary. Because the argument then goes to ganja being a gate way drug :cough:bullshit. A lot more people are starting to find out that the gate way drug is Nicotine, an in the uk a lot of kids start off with Coke an not ganja , good for Florida an all of the states that decriminalise its taking us an awful long time to play catchup I find your country very inspiring if thats the right word slowly but surely the prohibition seems to be slowing down God bless the U.S.A.
AS of last March, the US Supreme Court decided in the case of Florida v Jardenes that a drug sniffing dog cannot
be used as a basis for a search warrant if the dog is in the curtilege (sp) of your residence, That is, the area
close to the house. IN OTHER WORDS, IF A DRUG SNIFFING DOG IS IN THE IMMEDIATE VICINITY OF YOUR HOME
AND GIVES AN 'ALERT', THE POLICE CANNOT USE THIS TO OBTAIN A SEARCH WARRANT OF YOUR HOME. I'm sure
there are many out there that will be able to use this decision. I know I will.

Back
Top Bottom