Dry hopping beer with buds

Gee

I’m a brewer. I wasn’t sure where to post this so I thought I’d just poste here.

If I dry hop with pot it will not have any affects other than flavor and odor, correct?

If I hop in the boil it will have its psychoactive effect?

But what about at flame out?

Thanks

as a non brewer
i have no idea what any of this means.

thc isnt soluble in water,but it is in alcohol so.....
no clue :)

as a non brewer
i have no idea what any of this means.

thc isnt soluble in water,but it is in alcohol so.....
no clue :)
I get some of it. I am not sure that the pot would give off all that much THC in the amount of time the hopping takes and at those lower levels of alcohol.

We will have to wait to see if @Gee says whether it is just the taste and aroma that is desired or the effect of the THC.

Looking for the aroma mostly.
I get some of it. I am not sure that the pot would give off all that much THC in the amount of time the hopping takes and at those lower levels of alcohol.

We will have to wait to see if @Gee says whether it is just the taste and aroma that is desired or the effect of the THC.

Both are desired but can live without the effect. Several other ways to get that :)

There are several brewers that make cannabis beer (flavored) and even one in Amsterdam that makes actual cannabis beer that doesnt just taste like weed but has alcohol + THC

I dont know how to do it, but cannabis is a close cousin to hops so you can just replace it and get the flavor. THC is alsochol soluble so its also possible to make a beer that will get you high as well. I would assume experimentation would be in order, I doubt anyone would publicize that type of info....its a money maker.

See this is a little older but I have a friend who brews beer and we were thinking about using the plant its self as the ferment medium. Like the guy said above, but anything boiled out or any oils will dissolve in the water, and go thru to the beer thc ect,

For flavor I was looking at forums where people were drying leaves and makeing tea, I would make tea water and do a kambucha to get a good flavor, intensity

Howdy folks. This has been something I have been looking into for a few months. What I turned up with is: You can't add the THC until you already have the resulting alcoholic beverage. The heat process of making any type of ethanol will destroy the THC. Then you have the problem that the resulting beverage isn't high enough in alcohol content to saturate the THC and make it mix into the beverage.

Google "emulsion of THC in Beverages". Lots of great and helpful info!

There isn't enough alcohol in beer to pull all the THC out of your 'dry-hopping.' You'd only waste some weed if you did this.

A friend and I made a batch of mead that we added weed to. While the batch was fermenting (for about three months), we put an ounce in 12 ounces of overproof vodka. We added the tincture to the batch. Drinking it gives you a nice feeling.

I work in Craft Beer and there was a brewery in Denver that was playing around with hopping with weed . Not sure what they were doing but it was in the early stages and the legality was a grey area.
Although I will say even if they couldn't pull THC across a beer hopped with weed would sell, craft beer is a funny world sometimes... like gilter beer.

We dry hopped a nugget in each bottle. Let it set for a year before drinking. One was tasty and infused well one was stemmy and seedy tasting so don't use stems or seedy weed. We were happy with both. Just started another 4 bottles using a hemp beer and using a gram of, Knock Out, Afgan, Sour Diesel, Afgan Kush separately in each bottle.

We dry hopped a nugget in each bottle. Let it set for a year before drinking. One was tasty and infused well one was stemmy and seedy tasting so don't use stems or seedy weed. We were happy with both. Just started another 4 bottles using a hemp beer and using a gram of, Knock Out, Afgan, Sour Diesel, Afgan Kush separately in each bottle.
What was the base beer?

If you were looking for the flavor and aroma of bud, then you succeeded. If you were hoping to get any THC or CBD out of it, you'll be disappointed.

Back
Top Bottom