Dry ice method for making hash - Help need advice

Quick question for those in the know. I just harvested my 2nd grow, well actually chopping it right this second, have 2 plants chopped and have 2 more to finish up tonight, but here is my question.

I am planning on taking this whole harvest and making dry ice hash, but the question I have is this... Should I cure it after I dry it or can I just let it dry and go straight to making hash? I have way more smoke then I could possibly smoke in the next few years already so I figured I would just start making bricks of hash for the next 5 to 7 years. My wife prefers smoking hash and I have always enjoyed it myself so I figured I really could not loose, though if curing it makes for a smoother taste I will but my logic or should I say train of thought was that since basically I am just knocking off the trichomes and not really using the plant matter, curing should not really make a difference. I have around 10 maybe 11 pounds of smoke already, plus access to RSO that is already made up, just kind of figured on getting a stock pile of hash stored up but would prefer it to be smooth tasting.

Whats your thoughts on this?

I saw a video where you do not even have to dry it first before using the dry ice method though the same video showed them doing about 1 ounce of dried shake then about an once of wet fresh shake. The dried shake has a more golden color once they scraped the glass top of the picture frame while the fresh wet shake produced a light green tone to it.

Any suggestions for micro size to start with and finish? As I recall the 90 and 160 were the 2 best or was it the 160 and the 190. I was kind of thinking of having my brother help me make it next weekend when my sister is in town. I am sure both of them would enjoy the results and I find that when my brother is pre-ocupied talking or doing other things of interest to him, he thinks less about his wife. I love my brother and it tears me up inside when I see my older brother, breaking down and crying. Growing old sucks, and America, get off your lazy f%&k##g and hurry up and make this plant legal, I do not plan on living forever and for Christ's sake I would like a few years of enjoyment of life before I die of being able to partake in not only medical MJ but recreational as well. Retirement to death does not seem like all that great of a deal. This plant is totally harmless and many varieties have medical values to boot. It harms no one, yet the same people who say wait on total legalization are the same f$@k##g people who have no problem with the government allowing cigarettes and alcohol the the public so long as they are an adult. Oh dang I am high, this is going to be a long night :rofl: I still have almost 2 more plants to chop and was yet before bed time. Will say, this has been more enjoyable then my last harvest since this harvest I can actually partake for another week before I have to take another month or two off

OG-
This may be the blind leading the blind since I've only done this a couple of times, but...
Personally, I would dry and cure. I love smoking hash, but I believe a lot of the taste comes from a proper cure, whether it is whole herb, or kief/hash.
I would start off trying a 90 micron bag. When I tried it, I went with 120 - 190. Obviously, more yield with the bigger mesh but for max quality, 90 is where I would start. If it helps you plan, I found it took about 4x ice to herb, so for every pound of herb you want to process, make sure you have about 4 pounds of DI.
Best of luck my friend. Let me know how it turns out!

well I made some last night, we used the 110 micron bag and finished with 4.4 ounces when finished. I did toss in 3 zip lock bags of dried trim on top of the 3 Power Wreck plants I chopped the other night. When I inspected the shakings with a pocket micro scope I was able to see a small percentage of leaf material but very small amounts. All in all I was very happy with how quick and easy it was. When we shook the 1st bucket we carefully scraped the mirror till we got every little bit. By the time we had shared our 4th bucket it was like, fuck it just get the big pile and get the next bucket ready to shake. The dry ice was only $1.49 per pound and it cost me a mear 11.25 for ice so I have to say I will be doing this again. I smoked a small piece about 1/4 the size of a button on my key board and personally I thought it was just plain yummy. I kept 2.4 ounces for myself and gave my brother 2 ounces to share with my sister since they can partake in it when ever they want so I thought they might like a change from smoking buds.

Hey OlderGrower I can't smoke much anymore so I make edibles for myself. I found the best method is using dry ice hash so I make a lot of it. It doesn't have to be dried out. It works just the same if it's freshly cut. I love my Kanga Can! If you have never tried it, it's the easiest way to make dry ice hash. You can make a couple oz with 1 can load of trim and/or bud.

Kanga Can - The Dry Ice Extraction System

Back
Top Bottom