420 Magazine Background

Dry in dark?

Thread starter #1

Crane

Does it matter if I do the drying in light or dark? I have trouble finding any other odour controlled space than my grow room, and I was planning to make a drying box that would be getting some light in it from the grow light.

UrbanAchiever

Photo of the Month: Feb 2018
Sunlight degrades thc, so ideally you would dry or cure in the dark, but sometimes that’s not feasible. I dried some of my last harvest in my tent, with 12 hours of light. Any degradation over a few days is minor if perceptible at all.

Emilya

Yes, light is bad for our product but I understand your need... I had a similar one in that I needed it to get dry, but I also needed to vent that smell away, and the best place to do that was in my grow tent. I designed up a trash can drying bin that I could place in there... i used duct tape all around to make it light proof, drilled multiple holes in the sides for air and I installed a bathroom ceiling vent fan on its lid with a timer so I could get some air flow through the thing... it actually worked a little too well and I had to be careful not to dry my stuff too fast with it.

Thread starter #5

Crane

@Emilya I made a bottle of home made calmag with your recipe. How often and how much should I give to these autos? I have given it to them once at a rate of about 1 tablespoon per gallon (+ the same of molasses). I've been careful with fertilizer rates because I read in several places that autos don't like too much fert, but to me these ladies seem pretty hungry.

Emilya

@Emilya I made a bottle of home made calmag with your recipe. How often and how much should I give to these autos? I have given it to them once at a rate of about 1 tablespoon per gallon (+ the same of molasses). I've been careful with fertilizer rates because I read in several places that autos don't like too much fert, but to me these ladies seem pretty hungry.
That is the same rate that I apply it, and it seems about perfect.