Dry Leaf Syndrome - Cause & Corrective Action Help Needed

kingkola1

I now have seven plants growing in Late Veg are are 45 days old from the day the seeds popped open. I have one Laughing Buddy plant that has one branch that is getting the pictured "dry leaf syndrome". The dry leaves only show up on this one branch of the plant and it seems to be random (located eigher low on the plant and to the high left or right). The rest of the problem branch looks healthy. The first time it happened it was at the top of the plant and thought it looked like light burn, now I see it in the lower part of the plant that is in the shade much of the time. I believe this plant had a short stint of Magnesium deficiency early on so I cut the nutrients to 50% for a week and increased the pH from 6.0 to 6.2 and that seems to have stopped that problem. But what is causing the dry curling leaf and how do I correct it? It started early in early veg. All of the other plants (and the other branches on the subject plant) look to be in very good shape.

I grow indoors with 1000 W HM, grow medium is 1/3 parts Ocean Farm, 1/3 part coco and 1/3 part perlite. I use RO water and Emerald Harvests 2-Part nutrient package at 75% recommended concentration. I pH balance to 6.0 normally. The temps have ranged between 67F to 84 F but usually around 77F. Humidity is between 45% and 65% but is normally around 50%. I have good air ventilation and circulation. I feed them on Sunday and water them on Weds or Thurs (generally drain-to-waste) with 7 gallons going in (1 gallon for each plant) and 2.25 total gallons from all 7 plants combined is the drain-to-waste product. My light is 24" above the plants and getting 35K to 55K Lux at the canopy tops. No bugs, mold, etc. noticed. The bottom half to 2/3 of the plants are defoliated. I top the plants when they need it. The plants are Indica or Indica hyrbrids.

Wow, good overview of your set up. Is the affected plant part close to your fan? I had this problem and it was becasue it was getting a little tooooooo much air. Thats all I can tell might be the problem. Every thing else seems good.
:Namaste:

I will move the plant to a different location. This particular plant is the furthest away from the 6" fan running on low. A new location in the grow room couldn't hurt. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom