Dry room 60 & 60 the whole time?

Mattfromthelou

420 Member
So I'm farely new to growing. I've put a good amount of time doing research tho. Pretty much have growing big buds down pat. Still perfecting the drying process. Made a small room about 3ft x 9ft x 9ft tall. I have a portable air conditioner in there vented out a window. It's a double vented ac so it works pretty fuckin good. Keeps the temp right about 60 to 65 degrees. The humidity stays right at 59%. I have 4 plants in there now hanging. Cut the main stalk and wet trimmed them. Hung as whole plant. Im going for the slow dry because these are big ass buds. Been in there 8 days now. The stems are not snapping yet. Just curious if I should keep the humidity at 60% the entire dry? Or lower/raise...

Hey Matt,

I’m not the drying wizard by any stretch but your enviro sounds good, everything I’ve read says once you dip below 58rh it’s game over on the sugars being converted.

Obviously you have set your targets well but don’t trust just one metering device. Lay 3 hygrometers side by side and see what different readings they give, yeah got bit with that one myself, brand new but readings like a mad hatter.

Also stem snap will be slower than normal on a whole plant hang. Defo need mini hygrometers for your jars, if you don’t have them pull the trigger on that pronto. This is every bit as important as the grow. Fill a jar, drop a mini hygrometer in seal it up and see where you are in couple hours

the rest of the crew will chime in with their methods

welcome aboard!

So I'm farely new to growing. I've put a good amount of time doing research tho. Pretty much have growing big buds down pat. Still perfecting the drying process. Made a small room about 3ft x 9ft x 9ft tall. I have a portable air conditioner in there vented out a window. It's a double vented ac so it works pretty fuckin good. Keeps the temp right about 60 to 65 degrees. The humidity stays right at 59%. I have 4 plants in there now hanging. Cut the main stalk and wet trimmed them. Hung as whole plant. Im going for the slow dry because these are big ass buds. Been in there 8 days now. The stems are not snapping yet. Just curious if I should keep the humidity at 60% the entire dry? Or lower/raise...
Dont wait until snap - you gotta trim it all and it might take longer than you anticipated so start earlier than snapping so you give yourself time to get the trimming finished before its hay.
Temps and rH are perfect _ I like it in the 50s RH, up to 60+ RH and the drying time takes forever and you can get mold forming if you're not careful.

Back
Top Bottom