Dry top foliage

ClosetTomatos

Good evening, folks

One of my plants is presenting itself with hopefully a minor problem. The top fan leaves, specifically, are becoming very dry and slightly curled. They're not quite brittle, yet, and I am hoping it doesn't come to this.

The plant is an unknown for practice, but here are the growing specs:

Lighting: CFL, Total lumen output: 9600
Soil Medium: Organic + Perlite
Fertilizer: 12/4/8 once weekly plus topically applied dolomite lime.
Water: 6.5pH well water, watered every 36hrs. Misting 4x daily

Having researched the issue throughout the forums, I feel I can safety rule out heat from the lights. Because of the relatively low N in the ferts, I do not believe it is Nitrogen OD. The lime is a new addition, added after I noticed the problem. I think I water sufficiently. Of course, I could be totally wrong on any of these. Something I think *could* be relevant is this issue only began after topping it about two weeks ago. It's approximately 14" tall. Other plants are not experiencing this.

I'm attaching two photos. In one, a leaf appears brownish, but it's the lighting. They remain remarkably green. I'm hoping this issue is minor at worst and it can be resolved. I will greatly appreciate any and all input.

@ColoradoHigh, I always thought it was necessary to keep a high RH, but I can see it being unwarranted, too, so I'll definitely give that a shot.

@calyx. It is, indeed. I use foil and mirrors to reflect. It's a closet grow, so I'm trying to make use of the most light that I can. However, the plant is around a foot from the foil and I'm detecting no great amount of extra heat. Also, the air flow seems pretty sufficient. All plants are frequently dancing to the breeze from a small fan.

Super fast reply, guys, thank you.

Could have just been timing, but this began surfacing at the same time. Am I looking too hard, or is it preparing to autoflower? There's been no interruptions of light cycle, except once, when I had to move them outdoors for a day/night in order to fumigate for termites.

Well, that seemed to do it. I still mist on occasion, however, but that's because it's very dry in there.

Went ahead and went to 12/12 six days ago and, already...I'm guessing it's a male.

IMAG07179.jpg

Please feel free to tell me I'm completely wrong.

I kinda thought it may be. It grew faster than expected with lengthy nodes. I just can't believe it's already starting to flower.

Not too bad a loss, it was towering other plants and took up more than a fair share of space. Still, it'd been nice! Well, seven more to go.

Thank you once again, good sir.

Back
Top Bottom