Drying and curing indoor grow

You wash wth water or what? I wouldn't really be to tempted to do that
You are not the first to doubt it, but as you can see from the first bucket there is a ton of shit that you would normally be smoking...your choice.

Technically, thc is not water soluble so there is no "washing away" of potency...you can knock off some of the trichomes if you vigorously agitate it in the water, but that's common sense. I gently dip and move in a gentle motion and then rinse 2x same way...ask around...many serious growers wash for many of the same reasons.

Not selling it...just explaining why I do it.:)

You are not the first to doubt it, but as you can see from the first bucket there is a ton of shit that you would normally be smoking...your choice.

Technically, thc is not water soluble so there is no "washing away" of potency...you can knock off some of the trichomes if you vigorously agitate it in the water, but that's common sense. I gently dip and move in a gentle motion and then rinse 2x same way...ask around...many serious growers wash for many of the same reasons.
I never knew That, what effect does washing the bud have on your yield? Does it make it steongwe or literally just wash it clean

And nah it makes sense I mean outdoor plants get rained on all the time yet still has like 20% thc

That was weird I typed in the quote last time lol ripp
I never knew That, what effect does washing the bud have on your yield? Does it make it stronger or literally just wash it clean

And nah it makes sense I mean outdoor plants get rained on all the time yet still has like 20% thc

Im gonna be using the cardboard box and string method. Itll give a nice even dry. Poke even spaced holes in both sides of a cardboard box run some string through from hole to opposite hole and then tie it off nice and tight. Home made drybox. The fact that its sealed will bring the moisture outta the buds to the surface and the cardboard will also help pull moisture out. How long you dry for depends on too many factors. Some people say you dry until the branch snaps clean. I personally think thats too long. If you break it and hear a nice crisp break but its still attached I would say thats spot on to start curing.
Keep your mason jars in a cool dark place (sun light degrades thc). You could get round this by just getting black food grade buckets (also cheaper) but if you're more comfortable with glass jars I understand

I only have one grow under my belt but on my first run I harvested my two plants at different times. One I dried in the box and the other was just hung.

Maybe just a fluke but the plant dried in the box is way better than the other. More smell and a lot more and better taste.

One tip. DO NOT USE BUTCHERS TWINE!!! The little hairs get all over the bud and it looks like hell and makes me nuts.

But it smokes just fine. Lol

I only have one grow under my belt but on my first run I harvested my two plants at different times. One I dried in the box and the other was just hung.

Maybe just a fluke but the plant dried in the box is way better than the other. More smell and a lot more and better taste.

One tip. DO NOT USE BUTCHERS TWINE!!! The little hairs get all over the bud and it looks like hell and makes me nuts.

But it smokes just fine. Lol
No fluke my friend. Its a slower dry and it also is basically like curing. The box acts as a wick and draws the moisture to the surface of the bud, much like when you put your bud into jars. But in the box the moisture is taken away in the jar its not :D.

No fluke my friend. Its a slower dry and it also is basically like curing. The box acts as a wick and draws the moisture to the surface of the bud, much like when you put your bud into jars. But in the box the moisture is taken away in the jar its not :D.

Thanks. Yeah the second plant was hung open then put into jars. Took a long while to totally cure and loose all chlorophyll smell. It really lacks in taste and smell.

Damn now I gotta go smoke some of the box cured.

Also, you can leave the string all attached to the box and knock it flat to store.

Damn dude...I just realized it was your video I watched and copied!! Sweet!!

Thanks. Yeah the second plant was hung open then put into jars. Took a long while to totally cure and loose all chlorophyll smell. It really lacks in taste and smell.

Damn now I gotta go smoke some of the box cured.

Also, you can leave the string all attached to the box and knock it flat to store.

Damn dude...I just realized it was your video I watched and copied!! Sweet!!
Haha yer thats me. The cockney greenthumb :D

Back
Top Bottom