Yann1211

Hello everyone, i have been growing this beauty since april, at first there was a bit of notrigen toxicity, then i started to see the upper leaves curl because of light burn (temps were too hot) and now this, some leaves seem to be getting dry and turning a brownish color on bottom leaves i have fed it nutrients once in it's entire grow as i planted it in poor soil (miracle grow" was the only soil available at the time) anyways, here are some pictures as i am unable to identify this problem, thanks :)

20220606_125952.jpg

20220606_125946.jpg

20220606_130050.jpg

20220606_130034.jpg

20220606_130024.jpg

20220606_130003.jpg

Hello everyone, i have been growing this beauty since april, at first there was a bit of notrigen toxicity, then i started to see the upper leaves curl because of light burn (temps were too hot) and now this, some leaves seem to be getting dry and turning a brownish color on bottom leaves i have fed it nutrients once in it's entire grow as i planted it in poor soil (miracle grow" was the only soil available at the time) anyways, here are some pictures as i am unable to identify this problem, thanks :)

20220606_125952.jpg

20220606_125946.jpg

20220606_130050.jpg

20220606_130034.jpg

20220606_130024.jpg

20220606_130003.jpg
Good morning Yann. :ciao:
Sorry about your issues.
Looks like you might have a couple issues going.
Missing plant matter is usually a sign of pests.
Did you check for anything? Under leaves aswell?
Not feeding is usually the main cause of deficiencies or underfeeding 2nd week of flower.
She needs full strength nutrients at 6.3 ph.
And get your heat and rh under control.
Try and stay around 80f if possible.
Happy growing.

Stay safe :cool:
Bill

Good morning Yann. :ciao:
Sorry about your issues.
Looks like you might have a couple issues going.
Missing plant matter is usually a sign of pests.
Did you check for anything? Under leaves aswell?
Not feeding is usually the main cause of deficiencies or underfeeding 2nd week of flower.
She needs full strength nutrients at 6.3 ph.
And get your heat and rh under control.
Try and stay around 80f if possible.
Happy growing.

Bill
The missing plant matter is the cat forcing it's way into my tent ^^' i know there are no pests on the plant, if i try to feed it anything with the general hydropinics i get mad nitrogen toxicity (i know bad soil is my culprit for that) i'd say the only thing i've been really lacking is checking my ph,tester broke last year and been forgetting to get a new one temps are now pretty steady at around 75 at day and 70 "at night"

The missing plant matter is the cat forcing it's way into my tent ^^' i know there are no pests on the plant, if i try to feed it anything with the general hydropinics i get mad nitrogen toxicity (i know bad soil is my culprit for that) i'd say the only thing i've been really lacking is checking my ph,tester broke last year and been forgetting to get a new one temps are now pretty steady at around 75 at day and 70 "at night"
Hehe pic's of the kitty or it didn't happen. :rofl:
Cut back on the grow portion of the GH trio.
Try a 3x pot flush first.
Then a microbial tea might help also.
And get a ph pen 6.3.;)

Stay safe:cool:
Bill

A couple of problems but it does not appear to be anything out of control. Looks like a good chance the plant can be saved.

The problem with the Miracle Grow soil is not that it is a bad soil mix. It is that the company adds their own brand of fertilizer to the soil with the expectation that it will be enough for a few weeks for most growers. If the person is trying to grow a Cannabis plant in the Miracle Grow soil they run into problems within those few weeks because their Cannabis plant is a heavy feeder and once it puts on some size it is demanding more than the soil and the fertilizer can provide.

So, again, it is not necessarily a bad soil. It has run out of nutrients and as you mentioned in the first msg you have "...fed it nutrients once in it's entire grow..." so it is not surprising that the plant is now showing several problems. Best thing is to settle on a line or brand of fertilizer that was developed for growing healthy Marijuana plants and begin to follow their recommended 'feeding schedule' as far a amounts and frequency.

20220606_125952.jpg

20220606_125946.jpg

20220606_130050.jpg

20220606_130034.jpg

20220606_130024.jpg

20220606_130003.jpg
Hey @Yann1211, quick question what is the mix of the soil do you remember? Looking at the 5th photo (semi close up of soil) it looks alot like coco and perlite ..not to much "soil".... @Bill284 am I trippin or do you see that to.... That would explain some of the deficiencies showing

Hey @Yann1211, quick question what is the mix of the soil do you remember? Looking at the 5th photo (semi close up of soil) it looks alot like coco and perlite ..not to much "soil".... @Bill284 am I trippin or do you see that to.... That would explain some of the deficiencies showing
He said miracle grrow ;)
But it does have fiber I see.:hmmmm:

Bill

He said miracle grrow ;)
But it does have fiber I see.:hmmmm:

Bill
Well if it is the fiberous material I'm seeing then the deficiencies could be being caused be the quick drain soil not allow her to feed proper....

Miracle grow tropical, indoor pot mix, and expand and go are all basically Coco coir with fertilizer and minimal filler additives.

As for the soil i believe it was the potting aoil, so i would say. 0.21-0.11-0.16.. i do agree that this is not a very hot soil, but i did not know how to counter the nitrogen without unbalancing everything else

Edit: also, i thought it could be potassium deficiency but the biggest concertration is in floragro so as i said, didn't want to unbalance even more.

As for the soil i believe it was the potting aoil, so i would say. 0.21-0.11-0.16.. i do agree that this is not a very hot soil, but i did not know how to counter the nitrogen without unbalancing everything else
If you could...I know it's a pain in the ass... But could you Google a pic of the exact soil from miracle grow you used... I'm thinking the problem could be underfeeding... As you mention nitrogen issues and in the 1st,3rd,4th, and 5th pictures you can see the bright yellowing leaves which would say "lack" of nitrogen not a "toxicity"....and then the spots would also say hungry for a few other key nutrients.

A couple of problems but it does not appear to be anything out of control. Looks like a good chance the plant can be saved.

The problem with the Miracle Grow soil is not that it is a bad soil mix. It is that the company adds their own brand of fertilizer to the soil with the expectation that it will be enough for a few weeks for most growers. If the person is trying to grow a Cannabis plant in the Miracle Grow soil they run into problems within those few weeks because their Cannabis plant is a heavy feeder and once it puts on some size it is demanding more than the soil and the fertilizer can provide.

So, again, it is not necessarily a bad soil. It has run out of nutrients and as you mentioned in the first msg you have "...fed it nutrients once in it's entire grow..." so it is not surprising that the plant is now showing several problems. Best thing is to settle on a line or brand of fertilizer that was developed for growing healthy Marijuana plants and begin to follow their recommended 'feeding schedule' as far a amounts and frequency.
I always try to grow in promix potting soil but was unavavailable at time of purchase, one things for sure, i ain't growing with miracle grow ever again

If you could...I know it's a pain in the ass... But could you Google a pic of the exact soil from miracle grow you used... I'm thinking the problem could be underfeeding... As you mention nitrogen issues and in the 1st,3rd,4th, and 5th pictures you can see the bright yellowing leaves which would say "lack" of nitrogen not a "toxicity"....and then the spots would also say hungry for a few other key nutrients.
Well i say it had nitrogen toxicity but it was borderline, it was extremely dark, i have fed it purely water for about 2-3 feedings now (which are very slow almost a week interval might have a lockout? Could be ph related?)

Screenshot_20220607-133626_Samsung Internet.jpg

Well i say it had nitrogen toxicity but it was borderline, it was extremely dark, i have fed it purely water for about 2-3 feedings now (which are very slow almost a week interval might have a lockout? Could be ph related?)

Screenshot_20220607-133626_Samsung Internet.jpg
So I looked it up "Miracle grow potting mix"( the bag shown above) and that is not "soil" or "dirt" it is a blend of heavy draining additives... Now I'm definitely leaning towards underfeeding.....

Screenshot_20220607-134001-969.png

So I looked it up "Miracle grow potting mix"( the bag shown above) and that is not "soil" or "dirt" it is a blend of heavy draining additives... Now I'm definitely leaning towards underfeeding.....

Screenshot_20220607-134001-969.png
Thanks for the search! I will make sure to give it a proper feeding! Or even two, will be back soon for updates

Do you think that is also why she is drinking slowly? Shouldnt she be drinking faster if she needs more nutrients?

they are getting worst! since last time, i only had time to give it 2 feedings, she is drinking very slowly, the leaves are starting to show brown spots and she is dying out.. i am following this chart and gave it 2 late blm feedings, i'm quit lost now as I got no clue how to fix her up

20220629_104711[1].jpg

20220629_104714[1].jpg

20220629_104725[1].jpg

20220629_104735[1].jpg

20220629_104749[1].jpg

CFC-Nutes-82018WEB.jpg

Just my thoughts on what I see and what you have mentioned.

Since last time, i only had time to give it 2 feedings,
It has a lot of the signs that it needs more. Two feedings since the last time means that you have missed at least one, maybe many more. If I am reading the chart right you would be adding the fertilizer to the water every time.

Looking at the pictures it does seem they are showing signs of not getting a proper amount of fertilizer for their age. Plus it is possible that they needed more water than you are thinking.

i only had time to give it 2 feedings,
If you had time to give it water then there is time to add the proper amounts of fertilizer.

i am following this chart and gave it 2 late blm feedings,
You are still in "mid bloom" so you skipped a lot of fertilizing opportunity.

At this time I have no suggestions on how to fix it except to get back to the proper feeding schedule. I don't use that soil nor do I use that fertilizer but the plant will continue to look bad until you get the fertilizer schedule figured out.

I can't feed her more if i want to keep a wet/dry cycle yes at first i was neglecting her nutrition because i thought she had over nitrogen and not enough potash so i cut back, i gave her late bloom to try and compensate, but she didn't show any sign of getting better, only kept getting worst and worst

I can't feed her more if i want to keep a wet/dry cycle yes at first i was neglecting her nutrition because i thought she had over nitrogen and not enough potash so i cut back, i gave her late bloom to try and compensate, but she didn't show any sign of getting better,
I have the feeling that you are mis-reading the numbers. A Nitrogen number of 0.21 is the same as 1/5th of one percent. Many fertilizers for the vegetating cycle will have 5 to 7 percent. All the N-P-K numbers for the soil are low. Once the plant has used up the available nutrients in the soil in the first 2 or 3 weeks there is not enough left. If it was me, I would not pay attention to those numbers on the soil even if I noticed them.

Keep in mind that the Marijuana plant is a fast growing plant. It needs a lot more fertilizer than was available and that you have been giving it. That is my opinion on what I feel has been going on with your plant.

Not to worry, it took many of us awhile to figure out what to feed, how much to feed and how often to feed before we started to become happy with what our plants were doing.

Back
Top Bottom