Drying bud

LowcountrySC

Had a small bud on my plant that had some rot on it. Since I have never dried and cured, decided to put in closet and see what happened. About 73 degrees and 50rh. After day 3, seemed to be drying out. Put it in mason jar with small hygrometer that read 52rh. Over the course of the evening, it rose to 57rh. Today after work, it was at 62. Opened the jar and it smelled like hay. Leave the lid off for a while and hay smelled started to go away. Rechecked jar a little while ago and hay smell is back. Have a Boveda 62 in the jar and it seems pretty stable at 62rh. Have a nice plant that will be ready to harvest in a couple of weeks and was wondering if this is normal, or am I doing something wrong. Thanks for any advice.

Had a small bud on my plant that had some rot on it. Since I have never dried and cured, decided to put in closet and see what happened. About 73 degrees and 50rh. After day 3, seemed to be drying out. Put it in mason jar with small hygrometer that read 52rh. Over the course of the evening, it rose to 57rh. Today after work, it was at 62. Opened the jar and it smelled like hay. Leave the lid off for a while and hay smelled started to go away. Rechecked jar a little while ago and hay smell is back. Have a Boveda 62 in the jar and it seems pretty stable at 62rh. Have a nice plant that will be ready to harvest in a couple of weeks and was wondering if this is normal, or am I doing something wrong. Thanks for any advice.

Keep curing it, the hay smell should go away. Im not sure about the rot

Keep curing it, the hay smell should go away. Im not sure about the rot
Thanks. I know the bud is bad from the rot. Just practicing with it. Am I on the right path? Do I keep opening the jar every day for a certain amount of time till the smell is gone? Appreciate your insight.

Thanks. I know the bud is bad from the rot. Just practicing with it. Am I on the right path? Do I keep opening the jar every day for a certain amount of time till the smell is gone? Appreciate your insight.

For the first week I burp the jars twice a day for 30m. After that I burp them once a day for 45m-1h. Then every 3 days for 15m for 2 weeks then to once a week until used

For the first week I burp the jars twice a day for 30m. After that I burp them once a day for 45m-1h. Then every 3 days for 15m for 2 weeks then to once a week until used
Thanks. Is the hay smell normal for everyone, or is it something I did?

Back
Top Bottom