Drying bud.

mainegoodness

This year when i harvest my outdoor crop can i dry it out in my garage. I have bean reading up on molding because it gets real humid. Thats why i was asking because during october my garage is nice and cool. My temps in my bedroom very from time to time.

If it's humid in your area, I don't see any other option to guarantee no mold besides a dehumidifier, in a closed space.
But that would have to be a pretty humid area, because I've bag-dried buds when it was raining/overcast outside pretty much the entire time it was drying, and there was no mold. It took longer than during a dry summer (almost twice as long, 10 days vs. 6).
Then again, I've been to area's in the south US where the humidity is insane. Like you can take a cold shower and start sweating while toweling dry, when the pages of books are limp. I don't see how anything can dry in conditions like that.

Well my conditions arnt that bad it my house. Just didnt want anything bad to happen down the road. 60 - 70 would be a good temp ?

60 would be better, and make sure your dehumidifier isn't cranked way up so you don't dry the bud too rapidly. You generally want it to take the full week to dry, it you dry out too fast it becomes extremely brittle.

1. Buy a humidity gauge.
2. Acquire an oscillating fan.
3. Don't forget about lighting conditions and heat. Both will degrade the THC into undesirable cannabinoids.
I second Brett2themax's warning on use of a dehumidifier. It can rapidly zap the juice out of your product. Keep a relatively constant but gentle movement of air but by all means prevent it from flowing directly over your babies.

Back
Top Bottom