Drying & curing

cbgb

hey 420 peeps , quick question ..... i harvested my chem dog #4 and let them dry until the small stem attached to each bud cracked (not bent) cracked .....today they went straight into mason jars for cure and burp. i went to burp the jars today and noticed that some moisture had returned to the buds. is this ok ? how do you dry , cure and burp ? thanks :Namaste:

re: Drying & curing

It is normal for buds to feel more moist after being in a jar for a bit. That's why you burp the jar.
Moisture in the plant comes from two different places: inter-cellular and intra-cellular. Inter-cellular moisture leaves quickly. It is the mobile water stored between cells of the plant. Intra-cellular moisture is water deep within the plant's cells. It dries out too, but more slowly. Even if you get a reading of 60% initially, as that slow-to-evaporate moisture makes its way out of the cells, the buds and air in the jar will regain humidity.

The longer the cure the better the smoke! My last cure has been in for 6 months. Good advice above... Happy Growing!

thanks to all who helped me out !!! @ ripples ...... like a fine wine ...... my last project highwayman cured for 3 months and one mason jar with 2 colas (a topped plant.5 month cure) a big differance from the taste test at about a month curing.............:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom