Drying & curing

Nickystickybuds

So I've got my northern lights I my cardboard box humidity at 69% i air it out have slight breeze al that. I usually wait until stems snap then put in jars but by the tinge stern's snap it seems too dry. I put in jars at that point and burp blah blah. For 2 weeks before sampling. Still dry but always decent. Any thoughts to give it that nice dank aroma it has ? Ive tried curing gor couple months. It doesnt have that grassy hay taste but not the usual taste in expecting i guess?? Gets me stoned don't get me wrong. Guess I'm looking for bag appeal. Etc? How u guys do it?

What I do is cut down when the soil is dry. This should help with the taste a bit. I dry for 4-5 days depending on how dense the cola(buds) are and location. I'm out in a dry area cure in a closest with slight breeze from the exhaust from the next room. Go by how the outside of the bud is, is it crunch? Check out pidgeons420 and grateful grower on the tube and they have great vids. I then do a final close trim before I put them in a jar. Then I open 3 times a day for about 1-2 hours each time for the two days. Sometimes you might have to leave them open for a full day again depending on if you jar to early. Then I drop to 30 minutes once or twice a day then 15 mins then 5 mins.

The trick is to turn the jar with the buds and you can get a good indication on how dry or wet they are. If they stick together and clump leave the jars open for awhile longer then lid and repeat until the buds barely sticking when the jar is rolled and when they have the proper terpene profile. After 1 week-2 weeks of doing this your buds will be smoke able at the proper moisture and have the smell but the longer they stay in that jar and you open in for lets say 5 minutes if that after a 5-6 weeks it will smell wonderful.

Main thing is the dry, get used to how they smell when they're at that perfect dry state you will not smell hay(too dry) grass(too wet). The outer portion of the buds will have a crunch which I trim then jar. I used to have this problem even after another grower showed me a burp method in bags which I don't like but it's cool. I've been doing it for years now and all my cannabis is outstanding in trim looks, smell and when smoking. Nice and smooth you can taste the terpene profile.

Weird though I've also let certain buds get bone dry then smoke then and they still have that terpene profiles just a bit weaker and super crunchy which I hate. A good thing is the "crunchy trim" you can smoke haha and get an early taste. I usually have cannabis I can smoke after 1 week.

Hope it helps.

What I do is cut down when the soil is dry. This should help with the taste a bit. I dry for 4-5 days depending on how dense the cola(buds) are and location. I'm out in a dry area cure in a closest with slight breeze from the exhaust from the next room. Go by how the outside of the bud is, is it crunch? Check out pidgeons420 and grateful grower on the tube and they have great vids. I then do a final close trim before I put them in a jar. Then I open 3 times a day for about 1-2 hours each time for the two days. Sometimes you might have to leave them open for a full day again depending on if you jar to early. Then I drop to 30 minutes once or twice a day then 15 mins then 5 mins.

The trick is to turn the jar with the buds and you can get a good indication on how dry or wet they are. If they stick together and clump leave the jars open for awhile longer then lid and repeat until the buds barely sticking when the jar is rolled and when they have the proper terpene profile. After 1 week-2 weeks of doing this your buds will be smoke able at the proper moisture and have the smell but the longer they stay in that jar and you open in for lets say 5 minutes if that after a 5-6 weeks it will smell wonderful.

Main thing is the dry, get used to how they smell when they're at that perfect dry state you will not smell hay(too dry) grass(too wet). The outer portion of the buds will have a crunch which I trim then jar. I used to have this problem even after another grower showed me a burp method in bags which I don't like but it's cool. I've been doing it for years now and all my cannabis is outstanding in trim looks, smell and when smoking. Nice and smooth you can taste the terpene profile.

Weird though I've also let certain buds get bone dry then smoke then and they still have that terpene profiles just a bit weaker and super crunchy which I hate. A good thing is the "crunchy trim" you can smoke haha and get an early taste. I usually have cannabis I can smoke after 1 week.

Hope it helps.
Thanks, helps.

Back
Top Bottom