Drying help, temp? Humidity? Fans?

longjon18

Hello everyone,

I just cut my girl down and hung her up. I just have a few questions so I do it right.

since the location of me and my tent its been hard to battle the heat, with it ranging from 70-80° in the tent with no lights on.
Since its so hot should I raise the humidity in the tent up a bit and if so what % roughly

then how many fans should I be running. i know you want good air flow but not too much so you don’t dry it out too quick. I have three fans going all on low theb my outtake fan on low as well. Should i turn one up or off.

and I know she is small, its my first grow so its only up from here
thank you for all the help,
Jon

444DBCBF-2C0B-4601-A163-3350F7075F4D.jpeg

C607C21B-0BF1-428F-8237-0CD75CF5165C.jpeg

Honestly you don't need any fans for that small of a harvest in that big of a tent. It will have plenty of airflow on its own. Also because it's so small, I would keep the humidity at like 58 personally.
If you use fans and low humidity, it will dry super fast and the best way to dry is slow.

Honestly you don't need any fans for that small of a harvest in that big of a tent. It will have plenty of airflow on its own. Also because it's so small, I would keep the humidity at like 58 personally.
If you use fans and low humidity, it will dry super fast and the best way to dry is slow.
Its in a closet at the moment so it doesnt have the greatest airflow, other then the exhust fan, should i turn a fan on and have it in the floor just blowing across (not blowing on the plant)
Also I am looking at what 4-7 days of drying then into jars to cure?

Another option,

Depends what your ambient humidity is, but that's a good rough estimate. Expect it to be on the shorter side because it's just one branch. Unless your house is about 65%, I wouldn't even bother with a fan.
Okay thank you for the help, the plant didn’t have a strong smell but it smelled like bud when you put your nose right up too it, but after I chopped her, I just opened my tent and getting that hay/lawn smell sorta, will it go away after drying and curing or did I F something up?

Okay thank you for the help, the plant didn’t have a strong smell but it smelled like bud when you put your nose right up too it, but after I chopped her, I just opened my tent and getting that hay/lawn smell sorta, will it go away after drying and curing or did I F something up?
The smell should come back with a proper cure. Make sure RH doesn't drop below 55% or the cure dies. There's some good reading on the drying and curing process in my signature. That being said, a paper bag in a fridge using low and slow is great!

To master the art of growing weed & the curing process may seem like rocket science but in pure simple terms is the under standing & some skills which are needed to be observed.

Your eyes need to be open to accept new knowledge to progress to the next level & in basic mangerment terms (spelling issue) or was I to stoned to spell that ?

The smell should come back with a proper cure. Make sure RH doesn't drop below 55% or the cure dies. There's some good reading on the drying and curing process in my signature. That being said, a paper bag in a fridge using low and slow is great!
A paper bag in the fridge? I never heard of that method

and thank you for the advice, I appreciate it

A paper bag in the fridge? I never heard of that method

and thank you for the advice, I appreciate it

And do you mean 55% RH while its hanging up or when its in the jars?

And do you mean 55% RH while its hanging up or when its in the jars?
The RH of the plant. Once a jar is about 1/3 full, seal and put a mini digital hydrometer inside at room temp. An hour or two later you'll know what the RH of the plant material is.

Read through some of the links that were posted, while it's a lot to digest its all there. The link in my signature on drying breaks down each stage. I'll post it below. It's well broken down and is something I highly recommend reading, as it walked me through my first dry and cure.

Back
Top Bottom