Drying in Light

The Prof

Ive been growin for a long time now and I've always dried in the dark but I know an old timer whos been goin 50+ years and has always dried in the light..AN I told em it downgrades thc an he said well then why doesnt it downgrade thc during growth?? He said the light bleaches the color a little bit but quality is just as good in double the time what do yall think?? Called it a myth what do yall think??

Ive been growin for a long time now and I've always dried in the dark but I know an old timer whos been goin 50+ years and has always dried in the light..AN I told em it downgrades thc an he said well then why doesnt it downgrade thc during growth?? He said the light bleaches the color a little bit but quality is just as good in double the time what do yall think?? Called it a myth what do yall think??
Low light levels are ok but exposure to direct light will degrade THC quantity and also quality. It can also change the cannabinoid composition of your smoke, hope this helps...:ganjamon:

THC Degradation

During growth light doesn't degrade the THC because the plant is alive and producing more THC. After chop light is no longer it's friend.

I agree. At the end of a healthy bloom cycle, by harvest time trichomes have either peaked in potency (milky white color) or have begun to degrade in potency (amber color). Light, heat, and friction expidite the degradation process. Read this and consult this guide with ur questions>What are Trichomes? Trichome 101. U don't find answers here, then come ask us. These types of question get asked all the time.

I read the article it just went in to detail about trichs during growth an when to cut it I got all that but it didnt go into the effect of drying in light..I dont buy the whole while the plant is still alive it keeps producin the thc that gets degraded..If it keeps producin and the light keeps degrading you'd end up with a plant that has barely if any thc...It just seems likes everyone has heard its bad so they dont do it but I cant find one concrete scientific fact stating that dryin in light effects THC...ANY OLD HEADS OR MODS HAVE ANY EXPIERENCE WITH SUCH???

I know!! Think of it like fruit that has been harvested, do farmers store their fruits in the sun?? Eat a peach that has been laying in the sun for days now try one from the fruit barn, what ya think...

Its Up to U

I read the article it just went in to detail about trichs during growth an when to cut it I got all that but it didnt go into the effect of drying in light..I dont buy the whole while the plant is still alive it keeps producin the thc that gets degraded..If it keeps producin and the light keeps degrading you'd end up with a plant that has barely if any thc...It just seems likes everyone has heard its bad so they dont do it but I cant find one concrete scientific fact stating that dryin in light effects THC...ANY OLD HEADS OR MODS HAVE ANY EXPIERENCE WITH SUCH???

I basically gave u a starting point. That llink was to a forum with a plethora of info. U want answers do some research. If people give advice and u challege it u'll find ur questions will take longer to get answers. U don't have to buy it. Remember u asked. Do what u feel. U sound a little ungrateful IMO. Try leavin ur harvest in the sun. If u get satisfactory results then I guess u have no worries. If u could be so kind to post ur findings so others like u won't have to go through what ur putting urself thru. For the record I didn't hear it was bad, I read it. Grab a few books while ur at it. For starters google Jorge Cervantes and Ed Rosenthal. How much concrete scientific evidence have u found on cannabis in general? Where do/did u find it in the past?

If what you mean to ask is can I dry my bud in my grow room without a problem then the answer is yes in fact if you don't keep an eye on it it will turn to dust real quick. Should you store your weed in light....no! Light and moisture destroy anything once it's stopped growing...LOL...those that think their weed is going to be much different probably havent tried it. How many times have you nuked some bud that kicked your ass and then when you go to smoke it after it's gone its course and it just isn't the same.

Hey Prof how about trying an experiment of drying with a blow torch and getting back to us?...LOL

he said well then why doesnt it downgrade thc during growth??

light DOES destroy THC during growth, that's why you supposed to harvest in "morning" right after lights on, when the plant is alive it is also creating THC, when its drying, aint no more being made, thus dry in dark...

also some people do extended dark period right before harvest to increase THC...

Don,t mean to change the subject, maybe this is on topic I always wondered how good, or different all that GOLD COLUMBIAN would have tasted had it been dried "PROPERLY" Shit was nice.......

does wikipedia count as scientific...

Cannabinoid - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Cannabinol (CBN) is the primary product of THC degradation, and there is usually little of it in a fresh plant. CBN content increases as THC degrades in storage, and with exposure to light and air. It is only mildly psychoactive. Its affinity to the CB2 receptor is higher than for the CB1 receptor.

Don,t mean to change the subject, maybe this is on topic I always wondered how good, or different all that GOLD COLUMBIAN would have tasted had it been dried "PROPERLY" Shit was nice.......

I'm pretty sure the swchaggy brick weed coming from mexico is decent smoke when harvested...

Big piles on the beach?

I'm pretty sure the swchaggy brick weed coming from mexico is decent smoke when harvested...

I'd say not. Theirs is a "quantity over quality" kind of thing and often not flowered to full maturity.

I'd say not. Theirs is a "quantity over quality" kind of thing and often not flowered to full maturity.

maybe so... I knew a guy who grew some brick weed seeds and it was very good herb. I just figured they smash that stuff into a brick before it is dried properly and stash it in some hot hidding place for a while, things degrade...

Back
Top Bottom