Drying the fruits of my labour

Lilnuggs

Everything is cut trimmed and hung after there wash, now I have questions about my drying room.
It’s my small basement bathroom, the humidity is 68% and my temp is 14-15 degrees Celsius, are these conditions acceptable? I suspect it will just take longer to dry, but I’ve heard low and slow is good if done right.
Next question is, all the loose buds that I have will likely dry quicker correct? How do you check the buds, just by feel?
Below are a few pics of my hanging flowers.
Any advice on curing would be appreciated, like when to jar them, some say when bud snaps off, some say when bud snaps but still attached, gets very confusing, thanks.

Attachments

• D073493B-5BD0-45E8-AFA7-4961DC9AC996.jpeg
    D073493B-5BD0-45E8-AFA7-4961DC9AC996.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 69
  • F0181822-A6E7-4E5A-B41F-D59A5809E6AF.jpeg
    F0181822-A6E7-4E5A-B41F-D59A5809E6AF.jpeg
    765.6 KB · Views: 67
Everything is cut trimmed and hung after there wash, now I have questions about my drying room.
It’s my small basement bathroom, the humidity is 68% and my temp is 14-15 degrees Celsius, are these conditions acceptable? I suspect it will just take longer to dry, but I’ve heard low and slow is good if done right.
Next question is, all the loose buds that I have will likely dry quicker correct? How do you check the buds, just by feel?
Below are a few pics of my hanging flowers.
Any advice on curing would be appreciated, like when to jar them, some say when bud snaps off, some say when bud snaps but still attached, gets very confusing, thanks.
Congrats on your harvest Lilnuggs.
As they say here on :420: , you are half way there.
Drying properly and curing properly will decide how your harvest smells , tastes and smokes.
Take 30 minutes and search drying and curing methods here in the forum and click on GROW and read those related articles .
If conditions are not in the correct window , you could over dry or you could develop mold.
WARNING ! You can over dry overnight. Especially if a fan is blowing on the buds.
You need a few good hygrometers . See attached photos.
Below mid 50’s RH is bad.
Above 70% RH mold can start.
I have started using the low slow drying method , using my garage frig.
Please search this method.
It takes about 2 weeks but we’ll worth the time.
Good luck . :goodjob: :Namaste:

Congrats on your harvest Lilnuggs.
As they say here on :420: , you are half way there.
Drying properly and curing properly will decide how your harvest smells , tastes and smokes.
Take 30 minutes and search drying and curing methods here in the forum and click on GROW and read those related articles .
If conditions are not in the correct window , you could over dry or you could develop mold.
WARNING ! You can over dry overnight. Especially if a fan is blowing on the buds.
You need a few good hygrometers . See attached photos.
Below mid 50’s RH is bad.
Above 70% RH mold can start.
I have started using the low slow drying method , using my garage frig.
Please search this method.
It takes about 2 weeks but we’ll worth the time.
Good luck . :goodjob: :Namaste:
I just have the bathroom fan on, no actual fan blowing in the room, it’s day 2 and it’s now 14c and a Rh of 68%, should I leave the bathroom fan on?

I just have the bathroom fan on, no actual fan blowing in the room, it’s day 2 and it’s now 14c and a Rh of 68%, should I leave the bathroom fan on?
The exhaust fan in the bathroom ? If so , yes. You need some air flow.
You also need some good hygrometers.

Attachments

• 85708D5D-3FB8-4491-BE4C-F3716831F431.jpeg
    85708D5D-3FB8-4491-BE4C-F3716831F431.jpeg
    736.3 KB · Views: 130
  • AD95ACB4-E742-4879-A378-135C165CC15F.png
    AD95ACB4-E742-4879-A378-135C165CC15F.png
    2.7 MB · Views: 145
  • CAA1841B-6B17-4965-A006-B8D95D54BAEE.jpeg
    CAA1841B-6B17-4965-A006-B8D95D54BAEE.jpeg
    692.6 KB · Views: 129
Where did you acquire those lids? Looks pretty slick, I’m assuming there fairly accurate!
Amazon. Lots of cheap little ones . These lids are much more accurate and a bit more expensive.
Put some buds in an open jar and let them sit for 20 / 30 minutes and then screw in the lid and let sit for another 30. You will know for sure what the RH is at that time.

Amazon. Lots of cheap little ones . These lids are much more accurate and a bit more expensive.
Put some buds in an open jar and let them sit for 20 / 30 minutes and then screw in the lid and let sit for another 30. You will know for sure what the RH is at that time.
Do you know what they call them, I can’t seem to find those type, but I could just get the minis and put them in!
So once the jar humidity is at 60-62%, you just stop burping and put in a Boveda pack and your set?
Also, do you find that you end up jarring the smaller buds/branches first, and larger ones later?

Do you know what they call them, I can’t seem to find those type, but I could just get the minis and put them in!
So once the jar humidity is at 60-62%, you just stop burping and put in a Boveda pack and your set?
Also, do you find that you end up jarring the smaller buds/branches first, and larger ones later?
HyLids. They may be a sponsor here ?
when I start the cure , in the jar , less than approx 68%RH , I place a 62% Bovida pack in the jar.
I burp twice a day till RH gets close to 62%. Once a day till consistently 62%.
At least 3 weeks of cure. Wehen u open after 3 weeks , you should not smell hay or green chlorophyll .
I have started transferring cured buds to a turkey size baking bag and air tight 5 gal bucket for long term storage. If your flower is going to be used up soon just keep in jars and burp every few days.
:Namaste:

Well it’s day 4 of drying, I read that when the smaller stems snap but not in half, it’s ready to cure, and that the smaller buds should break off when bent, does this sound right?
my small branches just bend in half still, but I can tell it’s drier , all the leaves that need to be trimmed are dry, but not flakey, it’s now 15c and 60%Rh, I think I’m on the right track.

Alright, 6 days drying now, buds feel dry on outside, but not crumbly, just crunchy, and small stems not snapping yet, or small buds breaking off, just going by what I read.
I tried to attached a video so you can hear and see what I mean,but I can’t seem to attach it, if not quite ready for jars, could I trim them at this point just to get ahead before I jar them. thanks in advance.

Back
Top Bottom