Drying weed near a fire

420liam420

i have 70-80% humidity rn where i live and temps are around 16-18c where i'm drying my weed

it's been drying for 8 day's, but only the outside dried, still long way to go. would lighting up a fire for 4-5 hours and putting weed close to it be ok?

i know speed drying it bad, but right now it's a choice between possibly mould and that? at least that's what i was told.

H are you drying the weed? In a shed or something? No electric heater
A heater will use 2000w/h and with the size of this room I would have to run it 24/7. That's a lot of electricity being used. Not to mention I wouldn't be able to use a oven or anything that draws over 1000w it would draw 15 euro or current/day

100kg of wood cost me 15euro, pretty sure I know. Which one I'd rather use lol

Anyway I did it, raised temps from 16c to 21 and humidity dropped from 72 to 63 in a few hours, I'll just keep adding wood till its dry, shouldn't take more than 3 days

I must be confused about the question. But my wood stove is my only source of heat at home. So yes -if I want my house to be warm I put some wood in the fire- no need to ask the internet.... :hmmmm:

I wouldn’t dry my weed right next to the fire, or in the fire, on a stick....
Just warm up the whole room- dry the weed over the course of a few days. But that seems obvious so- must be missing something here...?

Foreigners lol I was thinking the OP wanted to build a fire in a fire pit and hang his branches out by the fire....outside. that didn't seem like a great i-deer.
15-19C sounds pretty good right about now tho....

It is not your regular stoner how do I dry weed question lol !

Just love the log fire slow air dry suggestion... gotta love living in the out back some where.

Even at suggested temp & RH 21c / RH 60% it will take longer than few days at those measurement but that was only after a few hours of lighting the fire... Some variables on this one big time .

Don’t do the hang the whole plant, break it down into branches so they can be spaced out for better airflow. Also might be a good idea to put 1/2 of your harvest in the fridge for low and slow curing .... this way all of your eggs won’t be in the same basket... if mold does hit worst case you lose 50% of your harvest... low & slow uses paper bags for fridge cure but you also need a couple mini hygrometers. I’m adding link for low & slow >> Low & Slow Cure << but gotta tell you - my fridge cured bud was stellar! It’s a long thread don’t let that scare you - but 1st page gets you going!

best of luck!

I was thinking the OP wanted to build a fire in a fire pit and hang his branches out by the fire....outside.
Me too. But actually he’s making a bonfire in the house, and gently toasting the weed next to it. Must be a rental unit.

Back
Top Bottom