Drying

Odinstrange

If I'm drying at around 75-68 (day-night) with about 48 percent humidity should I still give a full 7 day dry before the cure or could they be ready to jar within 4-5 days feel super crispy on the outside with a little give deep in haven't have a snap test yet but wanted to get some opinions on this I live west coast region

Just went into my drying area an lower branches snapped in middle of buds question being how to you trim yours as well do you wet trim an then dry do you hang the plants roots an all I only had about 10 colas with a few smaller buds along the stalk an popped a few buds open an they are basically dry besides the ones I left hanging because I left leaves on to try a dry trim on them

My next plant I'll at least let dry for a little over a week if that's what's recommended I think my area is kinda inadequate for drying them but I have to make due maybe next time ill do a full dry trim instead of wet trim am I will leave everything on it besides the water leaves but that just depends on how my jarred stuff does..
Keeping my fingers crossed the buds look too good I hope I didn't make them grassy guess I will see by morning how moist the outer buds feel when I go to burp them

Hey, stealing the thread but kinda on topic :D I was on vacation and let my herb dry when I was gone, total dry time was 8 full days at around 40% humidity. I believe my herb is overdried. Anyone here know the best way to revive the herb also how still will affect final product? Cheers

:Namaste:

Hey, stealing the thread but kinda on topic :D I was on vacation and let my herb dry when I was gone, total dry time was 8 full days at around 40% humidity. I believe my herb is overdried. Anyone here know the best way to revive the herb also how still will affect final product? Cheers

Don't know for dry weight but try boveda pack 62%. When my weed is too dry it can help a lot. But she shouldn't be crispy dry otherwise it will be hard to make miracles but you can Def try it.

Regarding the other posts I have found drying in brown paper bag makes it easier and faster. 7 days are in general enough to get them to the perfect state before putting in jars. Drying the entire plant also works great at helping slow drying. Depending on the humidy it takes around 7 days as well. It also makes trimming way easier as the leaves dry before and more than the flowers so they can be taken out quickly even without any scissor

Just went into my drying area an lower branches snapped in middle of buds question being how to you trim yours as well do you wet trim an then dry do you hang the plants roots an all I only had about 10 colas with a few smaller buds along the stalk an popped a few buds open an they are basically dry besides the ones I left hanging because I left leaves on to try a dry trim on them
I chop the branches off the plant, wet trim, and hang. Manicure after drying process. Jar and cure for 30 days minimum.

Unfortunately there is no way to rehydrate dried bud. Once it’s completely dried out, there is no curing, you’re done. Moister packs, and fruit peels only work before the fact. Check to be sure. Crack open a bud. Sometimes they seem done but are still working the process.

Thank yall for the info much appreciated my next harvest I will do the same as you pontiacman an see how they turn out
I had to put these back into a vented tote for a few days sad times

Attachments

• 20190111_233045.jpg
    20190111_233045.jpg
    514.3 KB · Views: 37
Thank yall for the info much appreciated my next harvest I will do the same as you pontiacman an see how they turn out
I had to put these back into a vented tote for a few days sad times
Looks good brother. If you need any help, just yell at me.
I cure with boveda packs in ball jars. The results at 30 days is outstanding. It's the only way I do it.

Back
Top Bottom