DrZiggy's Low And Slow Drying: Maximizing Your Harvest

Maybe I missed something but am wondering why you don't recommend this method for this grower?

:passitleft:

Hey
I had a few reasons why
The first being the New " the PerfectPipe" I was test driving.
After rereading I should have added "at this time"
My thinking was that by what I read he was satisfied with his crops.
So it would be easier and cheaper to turn him on to the paper bag method that would/should give better results than what he has been getting.
Once it's seen how much better his crop can be with the paper bag method then the choice of getting a fridge and doing the fridge Low n slow is more easier and validated
Pax

The freezer actually cannot be a source of humidity. It’s too cold for moisture to exist in the air and thus it’s a humidity sink. Ever notice how the frost builds up in your freezer? That’s deposition of moisture to ice.

I was just goin to say the same
So I am picking up my fridge tomorrow.
Luxury hotel renu so there is a choice of freezer less or with a freezer, both cube size
Since the freezer is a humidity sink should that be the one I pick up???
Where does the humidity go in a fridge?
Thanks
Pax

I was just goin to say the same
So I am picking up my fridge tomorrow.
Luxury hotel renu so there is a choice of freezer less or with a freezer, both cube size
Since the freezer is a humidity sink should that be the one I pick up???
Where does the humidity go in a fridge?
Thanks
Pax
I dried my nuggets in my normal fridge next to the milk. I would say if the freezer model is the same price then go with that...it’ll be nice to have a dedicated freezer for fresh trim

I dried my nuggets in my normal fridge next to the milk. I would say if the freezer model is the same price then go with that...it’ll be nice to have a dedicated freezer for fresh trim

Im looking at 4-6 ounces dry. My family fridge is not a option
Yes the freezerless and the the one with freezer are both available
$30 each (gotta love Craig's list)
May just pick up one of each if I have enough change in me wallet.

I would say go without the freezer, more room for buds.

:passitleft:

I am leaning that way for after actually thinking I remembered that I'll be using the inkwell to control the temps thus (I think?..) rendering the freezer compartment useless?..
I am using the inkwell for the 2-3 week low n slow dry @ 40f
Then steeltainer the buds and use the inkwell to raise the temp up to 52f for my 4-6 week cold cure tech.
Pax

Really, either one would be fine. Interested to see how the inkbird set up goes. I have the temp one which i mainly use in the winter to keep my tent from dipping too low. I hook to a hair dryer pointed into the intake duct! :DI want a real controller some day, one I can set day and night temps, rh, lights, etc.

HI hoooo
Went and picked up the cube mini fridge.
They got tons of them!
I'll be getting another for sure
It comes with 2 shells and am adding 2 more shelf racks
Hoping to have enough shelf space for up to 6oz
More than enough space for the Steeltainers that will be used for the cold cure.
Also got the wireless Govee temp/ hydrometer in today
Hope to have it set up this week end.

so the buds that fell off while trimming got dried in a paper bag. it looks a lot different than the stuff hang dried, but it also smells like ass in the jar lol. i've inspected for mold and there's none. maybe it's just how the mix of 3 kinds of bud smell together but jeez

Hopefully that’s the ammonia from the chlorophyll conversion :D Not something more serious.
As the green colour fades in the jar the smell of bottoms should reduce and leave your pot tasting great. Burp it though or the ammonia is reabsorbed.

Hopefully that’s the ammonia from the chlorophyll conversion :D Not something more serious.
As the green colour fades in the jar the smell of bottoms should reduce and leave your pot tasting great. Burp it though or the ammonia is reabsorbed.

ok, that sounds like what might be the case lol. i've been burping every day leaving the jar open for at least 15 mins.
Thanks for explaining that to me.

HI all
Got the Drube ( dry n cure cube) in place
There will be 2 more shelfs installed to maximize drying area
There will be filled water bottles and wine bottle in the door to add more "mass" to the area to help even out cooling
There is a Govee wireless temp humidiy sensor inside.
I am still contemplating where /how to install the inkwell temp sensor. Drill a hole through the wall or through the door seal??? ( home brewer forums lean toward the seal....)
There will be 3 Cvaults. I personally don't like Cvaults due to them being round and don't use my space effecently, but found these 2 @ GoodWill for $3 each (find of the month) so will order one more cuz it will fit with the other 2.
The white containers are called SteelTainers ( I think way better than Cvaults)
Both the Cvaults and steeltainers will Be used for the curing process.
Should be able to dry n cure 5-6 oz a time.

The flow will go like.....

The Dry
Cut and Budwash plant
Hang 4 to 12 hours
Line shelf space with paper bag paper or pink butcher paper
Break down buds to smaller equal sizes
Place buds on paper lined shelfs
Set Inkwell to hold at 40 - 42f degrees
Monitor temp and humidity with Govee
If during the 2 week dry cycle the humidity stays too high will open door for a few min to bring down
Check once a week if not
Will dry to 50-55%

The Cure
Once dried
Will place dry buds into Steeltainers with parchment paper between each layer
Each bud filled Steeltainers will get a large 62% boost or Boveda humidity pack
Cvaults will get medium humidity packs
Turn up inkwell so the Drube holds 50-52f degrees
Let cure for 3-4 weeks
After the 4 week cold cure the buds will be mason Jared up with small 62% humidity pac for storage
Turn off Drube till next harvest
Note: I dry and cure in batches
Can't wait to get er filled up !!
Basis for cold cure HERE

Hers the pic

Back
Top Bottom