DrZiggy's Low And Slow Drying: Maximizing Your Harvest

I don't have the fans pointed at the buds, and I don't keep them on high for a full week, but whatever terpenes are going to float away are probably gone in a day. Once they've been in jars for a while, all the smells come back.

I have no idea what 150 ounces looks like hanging, so I can't tell you how much room it takes up! As long as they don't touch and it's dark and cool, that's what counts.

I don't have the fans pointed at the buds, and I don't keep them on high for a full week, but whatever terpenes are going to float away are probably gone in a day. Once they've been in jars for a while, all the smells come back.

I have no idea what 150 ounces looks like hanging, so I can't tell you how much room it takes up! As long as they don't touch and it's dark and cool, that's what counts.

If I have the buds in a tent with an exhaust sucking air out doesn’t that cause airflow across the entire tent so the buds would have direct airflow?

Yes. I also have fans at the bottom of the tent for circulation. My exhaust fan isn't big enough to generate negative pressure though.

Ok I’ll try and set all this up for my next harvest I appreciate all your help.

Gonna have to try and find a decent Ac unit for the dry room for next summer since I’m not using the fridge. Should be fine for now since it’s coming into winter just need a dehumidifier and or a humidifier

Do you cure the buds at 62% for a month or lower humidity?

I cure at 62% and keep that stabilized in jars using Boveda 62 packs. Given the large amount of weed you will be curing, I'd look into the largest size Bovedas and airtight food-safe buckets. How big depends on your storage space.

And cooler cure temps are best.

I use air tight food grade buckets at the moment and the big bovedas.

How cool is “cool” temps for curing? I’d have my cure buckets in the same room as my drying room so ideally I’d dry and cure at same temp. I could dry at 15c and 62% humidity and cure at the same?

The only time I've dried flat is when I had to trim all the buds off the stems at harvest (so nothing to hang!) and I found them drying a lot faster than they do when hanging, because they can't pull any moisture from the stems.

I want them to dry slow so I guess I’ll be hanging... I’ll have to make sure I work on reducing the flowering stretch too then as I don’t want to be hanging stems that aren’t covered in buds

I’m trying to find an efficient way to dry slowly. I usually wet trim with a machine. Hand trimming would take days. So buds go on racks.

Do you have airflow over your hanging buds? I wonder if I put the buds on racks in a tent with an exhaust sucking out the air. I’m just afraid that airflow would speed up the dry too much
I wanted to give my buds a head start on the dry before I put them in the fridge. Hung them in my tent for a day with exhaust. Mold started to form in less than a day because there was not enough air flow. I’d have a fan in there at least to help move the air around.

I wanted to give my buds a head start on the dry before I put them in the fridge. Hung them in my tent for a day with exhaust. Mold started to form in less than a day because there was not enough air flow. I’d have a fan in there at least to help move the air around.

Gonna do that next run, buds are crisp on the outside now so hopefully the hardest part is over with. I have a spare 700 dollar fridge now

Ok I’ll try and set all this up for my next harvest I appreciate all your help.

Gonna have to try and find a decent Ac unit for the dry room for next summer since I’m not using the fridge. Should be fine for now since it’s coming into winter just need a dehumidifier and or a humidifier

Do you cure the buds at 62% for a month or lower humidity?
We bought a portable a/c, dehumidifier and heater from Black and Decker. Pleased with it. It's a heavy but it has wheels

Back
Top Bottom